YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Ruin (Ruin, #1)
This topic is about Ruin
BUDDY READ: Adult Fiction > Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken, Starting August 30th, 2013

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I'm not your typical girl. I've been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness...until Wes Michals offered to be my light.

I didn't know that time wasn't my ally -- that every second that ticked past was one step closer to the end of something that was beginning to mean the end of myself. He tried to warn me. He promised me all he was able to offer--each moment as it came--but it would never be enough.

Sometimes when you think it's the end, it's only the beginning. Wes thought he could save me, but in giving me everything, he ruined me. Because after one kiss, one touch, I couldn't--I wouldn't ever be the same.

And from that moment on, his heartbeat became my own.

Billie and I will read it on August 30th, 2013. Welcome to everyone who wants to join us :)

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments yay! :D

Rachmi  | 4945 comments ah...you're so excited, aren't you? :D

Is it the blurb or the cover that made you really want to read it ;D

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments The cover!!!!! haha. okay plus the blurb! :P

Rachmi  | 4945 comments :D I should know it's your first thought about this book ;D

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments haha! So typical Billie?! :P

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Yup, it's so you :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I guess Wes (view spoiler).

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments Hmmmm.... possible but... with a but! :P

message 10: by Rachmi (last edited Aug 30, 2013 07:23PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I can't believe only took 2 days for Kiersten to realize that she was falling hard and fast for Wes.

tsk..tsk...way too fast, Kiersten, if you ask my opinion.

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments Well, if it took 2 days for Kiersten... it only took a few minutes for me to fall for Wes! LOL. :P

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Hahaha, because of his picture, love at first sight, aren't you? ;)

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments ABSOLUTELY! :d

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 50% this is too sweet, like full of sugarcoat for my taste, though it's a quick-page-turner kind of story.

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments I am sweet-tooth Even Wes's kisses (view spoiler) ... so, sweetness overload, you are welcome! :D

Rachmi  | 4945 comments :D you may think I'm being silly and weird but I'm a little bit annoyed with (view spoiler). He keeps talking, makes me want to say to him (view spoiler) :)

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments Haha! No way! That's one of my fave (view spoiler) ! I felt it, R! :D

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 70%, I'm quite bored with Wes "deep talking" most of the time. I feel like I'm being lectured by him.

How about you, B? have you finished it yet?

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments Few more pages.. and I'm through! :D oh, I love every minute with Wes! :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Finished it. It's a sweet-fluffy-unrealistic story for me. But I think it's an okay book and I kind of enjoyed it. So based on GR rating rule, I gave it 2.5 stars :D