Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Wolves of the Calla (The Dark Tower, #5)
This topic is about Wolves of the Calla
Archive > Wolves of the Calla starts Jan 20th 2014

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anima (new)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments This is the thread for the buddy read of Wolves of the Calla by Stephen King, which is the 5th part of The Dark Tower Series Collection: The Gunslinger, The Drawing of the Three, The Waste Lands, Wizard and Glass, Wolves of the Calla, Song of Susannah, The Dark Tower.

Feel free to join in. As we read in different pace, please use the spoiler tag if necessary.

Have a great time reading :)

message 2: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah | 1467 comments Our first official set up BR for 2014 :)

Paul | 1 comments Anima wrote: "This is the thread for the buddy read of Wolves of the Calla by Stephen King, which is the 5th part of The Dark Tower Series Collection: The Gunslinger, The Drawing of the Three, The Waste Lands, W..."

This is a great book with some strong returning characters. I am looking forward to reading this again.

message 4: by Anima (new)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments Great, Paul, the more the merrier :)

message 5: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 1511 comments Awesome! Glad you set this up Anima :-)

message 6: by Anima (new)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments It was Sarah's idea, I set up the thread :), welcome to the buddy read Cathie :)

message 7: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 1511 comments Well it's a great idea; thank you Sarah :-). I was going to suggest continuing reading the series via our buddy reads when we hit the end of the series reads but you beat me to it, lol. Great ideas travel fast.

message 8: by Anima (new)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments I totally agree, I was hoping to buddy read the series after our group reads have finished and here it goes *grins*

message 9: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah | 1467 comments I think of it more like I listed my A to Z challenge for 2014 and said this is what I will be reading if you the people want a buddy read for any of them I will join you. I am feeling a little anxious right now about being comfortable leading group discussions. Which I am not doing for the buddy reads. Here I will just be discussing with my buddies in a relaxed format unless someone wants a role of leadership. I am a follower, an opinionated and challenging one at that, but none the less more comfortable in this role.

message 10: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 1511 comments Leading is no big deal Sarah, it's more of an co-operative thing. There's no experts here; it's all a matter of personal opinion and shared experience. I look at moderating anything as just that (both on and off of Goodreads); it's only moderating ~ cheering on others to share their views and sharing in discussions. It's all good :-). Do what makes you feel the most comfortable.

Jason Parent | 36 comments Since I got to January to catch up, I'm in! Loved hearing everyone's thoughts about The Gunslinger.

message 12: by Anima (new)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments Excellent, Jason, welcome to the buddy read :)

message 13: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah | 1467 comments Just FYI - I am too behind on this series to be ready for this one. I am still on the third book. Sorry. I will be taking the whole year to finish this series I think - I hope. So people continue on, but I will be coming back to this way later. Trying to stay on schedule for my other buddy reads though.

message 14: by Anima (new)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments Well, most probably I will not get to this part as well. I have an exam session this month and my reading slowed down immensly. I still haven't read the fourth book and I don't think I can manage it this month. I hope to read the four installment in February or March.

message 15: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah | 1467 comments Yeah hopefully that is when I will be on the fourth installment. I have a lot of books going right now and for all time - aaaaarrrrggh. But I love it and it can be a little overwhelming. And sometimes I may need to slow down and that's o.k. too I guess.

message 16: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Scales (leslielynn8) | 109 comments im still trying to get through The Wind Through the Keyhole then im ready for Wolves of Calla

Athena Shardbearer I finished The Gunslinger a few days ago and I've been looking for The Drawing of Three. I don't want to buy the ebook, but I might have to. I love this series so far. I can't wait to get to these.

message 18: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Scales (leslielynn8) | 109 comments Athena wrote: "I finished The Gunslinger a few days ago and I've been looking for The Drawing of Three. I don't want to buy the ebook, but I might have to. I love this series so far. I can't wait to get to these."

I have the audiobook u can borrow. send me a message.

Athena Shardbearer Leslie wrote: "Athena wrote: "I finished The Gunslinger a few days ago and I've been looking for The Drawing of Three. I don't want to buy the ebook, but I might have to. I love this series so far. I can't wait t..."

That would be awesome.

message 20: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Scales (leslielynn8) | 109 comments has anyone started this yet? im still behind. havent gotten around to finishing keyhole yet. I am, however, reading Doctor Sleep. lol. :) oh stephen king.

message 21: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 5869 comments Mod
Lol...I read Doctor Sleep instead of Keyhole. I'm still looking forward to Keyhole though!