Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Memoir > the secret cook book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 509 comments I am thinking of writing a memoir about cooking through my family cookbook and all the recipies that had been made by the ones (my family) had cooked. it is a comming of age story through cooking family recipies and how each one impacted my life.
I normally write historical romance...so any advice on writing a memoir would be helpful and also...is this a good story idea?

message 2: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 509 comments also its going to have the recipe in each chapter with a picture of it and then the story...would this be more of a cookbook or memoir?

message 3: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 509 comments I am kinda thinking its like Julie and Julia and Naomi Judds cookbook

message 4: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Knight | 178 comments I would enjoy this type of book. Just saying:)

message 5: by Cate (new)

Cate (catesbooknuthut) | 75 comments I think it's a wonderful idea, I thoroughly enjoy books that weave recipes into the memoir or plot if it's fiction. I'd read it.

message 6: by Ruth (new)

Ruth It's the kind of book I would buy. Especially if you're Italian.

message 7: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 509 comments sorry Ruth, I am southern so it would be southern cooking. :)
Thank you for all the great feedback!