Something Old, Something New discussion

Coraline
This topic is about Coraline
Archived Reads - 2013 > September 2013 - Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Too many books, too little time! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michelle (shelld79) | 754 comments Mod
Here is the place to discuss all things in relation to this book if you decide to join in.

Please be aware there could be spoilers!!

message 2: by Michelle, Too many books, too little time! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I started reading this last night and realised that it is a very quick, easy read. I'm about 30% through already an am interested to see how it plays out.

Kate S I read this last weekend. It was a quick read and entertaining enough. Looking forward to see what you think.

Simone Ramone (simoneramone) | 19 comments I read this yesterday in my sick bed.

I'd read The Ocean at the End of the Lane recently and was transfixed, honestly, I raved about it, so I found Coraline sadly disappointing.
I'm sure I would have loved it as a kid, but as an adult I just found it boring.

I'm planning in reading The Graveyard Book soon, I've heard plenty of good things about it.

message 5: by Michelle, Too many books, too little time! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Simone,
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman is actually a group read for next month so it would be great if you did read it and discuss it then too :-)

I tried to finish off Coraline last night but must have fallen asleep without knowing it! Hubby told me that he came in a couple of hours after I went to bed to read and he had to pry my kindle out of my hands while I was asleep, hehehe.....

message 6: by Michelle, Too many books, too little time! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I finished this today and think that if I was 20 years younger I would have absolutely loved it!
I didn't realise it was such a children's book but am glad that I can now say that I have read it anyway.
Now I think I have to see the movie to compare.....