Time Travel discussion

Time Travel in the News > Time Travel in the News - hyperlink to article

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Garrett (new)

Garrett Smith (garrettsmith) | 246 comments http://news.discovery.com/space/wormh...

Take a look at this article about time travel, titled: Time Travel? Don't Forget to Pack Your Wormhole. Published 8/26/2013 Technewsdaily

message 2: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Garrett, this is a bad link.

What a Parodox.

message 3: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1075 comments The link worked for me over a half-hour ago...

message 4: by Garrett (new)

Garrett Smith (garrettsmith) | 246 comments I just tried it again, and it worked.

http://news.discovery.com/space/wormh...

Thank Randy, I hope others are also able to open it.

message 5: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Again, won't open.

I've tried twice & it goes nowhere but to a blank page & after trying my computer's now running slower.

I'm outta here.

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) | 881 comments Works fine for me. I hope Howard's computer or connection isn't messed up.

message 7: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Well, no matter, my machine doesn't make use of wormholes.

message 9: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1075 comments Howard wrote: "Well, no matter, my machine doesn't make use of wormholes."

That's a shame. I love downloading tomorrow's horse racing results today. :)

message 10: by Howard (last edited Aug 29, 2013 03:59AM) (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Randy longs for 'tomorrow's horse racing results today'

Randy you misunderstand; I could do that but, as my books relate, my machinery does not employ the use of wormholes.

However, the technology of this current Timeframe is often mystifying to me, I fear.

I have a high-speed connection & a good computer yet when clicking on the link it does nothing beyond state repeatedly that it is DONE only to have this process constantly reoccur, all while showing a blank screen.

This procedure never stopped & each time I've aborted the command, after what I judged to be a prudent amount of waiting, only to discover my other online functions were then slowed.

This on both occasions I managed to negate by a System Restore.

I'm pleased you have no problem but I've much acquaintance with those pesky Loops in Time & so choose to pass on the offered tidbit.

Thanks just the same.

By the by, even in the Future, hardware is often a precarious thing, as my Epic Fables on the elusive Elastic Limit of Time demonstrate.

In the end, it’s always the computer’s fault.

Well, that & a few other things.

Heh heh heh

message 11: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
What the.... I didn't know Howard had written a book. When did that happen?

message 12: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Heh heh heh

Bold talk John, as you're the one tempting me with the Wild one.

message 13: by Paul (last edited Sep 02, 2013 12:42PM) (new)

Paul (paullev) | 777 comments Link worked fine for me - thanks!

And here's another recent article about time travel with an audacious quote not from Davis but Davies - http://www.examiner.com/article/extra... - and, just for good measure, a quote from my 1988 Mind At Large: Knowing In The Technological Age

message 14: by Garrett (new)

Garrett Smith (garrettsmith) | 246 comments Paul,

We pulled up the article and were delighted to read your quote.

Is it wise to travel to the future to see evolved mankind? What if we did and they took one look at us and threw us back like a fish that is too small or just doesn't taste very good.

message 15: by Paul (new)

Paul (paullev) | 777 comments Thanks, Garrett.

I'd say it's probably never wise to travel to the future or the past via time travel, unless it's in fiction, and you can rely on the author to make it all turn out all right.

message 16: by Garrett (new)

Garrett Smith (garrettsmith) | 246 comments Paul,

You are a wise man.