The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) The Mark of Athena discussion

Theories on the Prophecy of Seven

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Vanessa Andujo I was thinking about the part where its says "To Storm or Fire the World Must Fall"

Now the prophecies are always cryptic and tend to be poetic in nature.

Also taking into account an interview that Rick Riordan did before releasing the HoO books he mention that the books wouldn't center around Percy but he would play a large role in the books.

Considering all this, it leads me to belive that the actual hero of the book will either end up being Jason or Leo.

The 'fall' part could mean as in 'it fall into their hands'. And the 'storm' & 'Fire' doesn't mean that it has to refer to destruction but could refer to either Jason or Leo. So that line I think could mean that fate of the world will 'fall' to either Jason's or Leo's responsibility. And result in Greek or Roman triumph?

I would really like to hear what other thoughts, predictions, and theories you guys have.

Sara That's a really good prediction, I have to think about it now. I'm a little troubled by the doors of death part, who will close it? I hope it's none of the seven, maybe Hades will be nice and close it?

Ally Sara wrote: "That's a really good prediction, I have to think about it now. I'm a little troubled by the doors of death part, who will close it? I hope it's none of the seven, maybe Hades will be nice and close..."

I doubt Hades will be nice. I think it might be Chiron, not wanting to let any of his students get stuck in Tartarus.

message 4: by Sara (last edited Sep 24, 2013 03:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Yeah, Hades and nice don't go well together unless it would benefit him. I hope it's not Chiron, I love Chiron :'(

notyourfriend Chiron has barely been around in all of HOO.... It's unlikely.

Vanessa Andujo KryZad MantappZ wrote: "I was thinking that the word "WORLD" may have meant Gaea because She is Earth and she will fall to storm or fire which is either Percy and Jason or Leo. i>

I didn't think about that but that could totally be it.

I hope that the book will answer some of the questions that Mark of Athena left. It's out in a few days, I can't wait!!!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

The prophecy was a bit too obvious.

Anton Maybe Bob will close the Doors of Death.