What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Science fiction book, boy skipping class brings about destruciton of resistance compound

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel (littlelibrarian) | 7 comments In the beginning of the book, a boy is living with his family in a sort of resistance compound that is fighting against (or hiding from?) a repressive government. One day he skips class and goes out into the woods (with a friend, I think), and a strange bird or something something flies by, which turns out to a piece of surveillance equipment. Shortly after the compound is bombed, and almost everyone he had ever known dies.

Flash forward and boy is a grown man fighting against the government and is on some sort of mission that involves breaking into a building.

I'm afraid that's all I can tell you...I didn't finish the book, but sort of wish I had. This was probably five or six years ago, so my memory's pretty fuzzy, and it was just a book I randomly picked off the shelf.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Mel, are you still looking for this book?

message 3: by Mel (new)

Mel (littlelibrarian) | 7 comments Yes, I never found it.

message 4: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments This sounds a bit like Revolution 19. What you described about the boy finding surveillance equipment is right on, but Revolution 19 was published in 2013, and I'm not sure about there being a flash forward.

message 5: by Mel (new)

Mel (littlelibrarian) | 7 comments I don't think that's it. It seemed like a decently old book when I read it and that was several years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if had been published in the 70s or 80s.

message 6: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Yea, I thought it probably wasn't right, but I figured that I'd mention it in case you were mixing a couple of books. I do that all the time.

message 7: by Bek (new)

Bek | 31 comments Could it be Changeling?

message 8: by Mel (new)

Mel (littlelibrarian) | 7 comments Nope, that's not it. But thanks.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking?

message 10: by Mel (new)

Mel (littlelibrarian) | 7 comments Yep, never found it

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

How about now?

message 12: by Mel (new)

Mel (littlelibrarian) | 7 comments Never found it, but I’ve more or less given up.

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

If you like, we can move this to Abandoned. If you still would like the book to be searched for, we can leave it in Unsolved.

message 14: by Mel (new)

Mel (littlelibrarian) | 7 comments Moving it to abandoned is fine.

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Ok. Moved to Abandoned at Mel's request.