The Sword and Laser discussion

The Curse of Chalion (World of the Five Gods, #1)
This topic is about The Curse of Chalion
Podcasts > S&L Podcast - #139 - The Curse of Chalion Wrap-up

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new) - rated it 5 stars

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1680 comments Mod
We are busy! We're wrapping up our August book The Curse of Chalion. We're kicking off our December book The Demolished Man. We're setting up interview with Jim Butcher, R. A. Salvatore and Robyn Schneider and we're headed to DragonCon in Atlanta. All the things! Now!

http://swordandlaser.com/home/2013/8/...

message 2: by Mpauli (last edited Aug 27, 2013 04:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mpauli Veronica wrote: "We're kicking off our December book The Demolished Man."

Wow, that year flew by again. I can't even remember autum happening.^^

terpkristin | 4142 comments December book already?! :)

Can't wait to grab this episode. S&L might be what finally drives me to switch to the Apple Podcasts app or some other dedicated app. :)

message 4: by Jeff (new) - added it

Jeff (mrjtaylor) | 17 comments Mpauli wrote: "Veronica wrote: "We're kicking off our December book The Demolished Man."

Wow, that year flew by again. I can't even remember autum happening.^^"

I'm guessing Tom did the website again? Drinking and HTML don't mix :)

message 5: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments If we're having the kickoff early, can we get the Demolished Man subforum going? 'Cause I'm already half-way done and there's tons to talk about.

message 6: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new) - rated it 5 stars

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1680 comments Mod
Jeff wrote: "Mpauli wrote: "Veronica wrote: "We're kicking off our December book The Demolished Man."

Wow, that year flew by again. I can't even remember autum happening.^^"

I'm guessing Tom did the website a..."

Dammit, Tom.

message 7: by Tom, Supreme Laser (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom Merritt (tommerritt) | 1151 comments Mod
Stupid months.

Casey | 654 comments Fun show! Thanks Veronica and Tom.
I guess Tom ain't no horologist.

Ruth (tilltab) Ashworth | 1861 comments Tom wrote: "Stupid months."

It's fine, no problem. We'll just shift December to the upcoming month, keep the other months the same, and then the Christmas month will be September. It'll all work out. :)

message 10: by Tom, Supreme Laser (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom Merritt (tommerritt) | 1151 comments Mod
I mean, if SEPTember was actually the SEVENTH month instead of the 9th maybe these sorts of things wouldn't happen.

Maclurker | 122 comments Ruth wrote: "Tom wrote: "Stupid months."

It's fine, no problem. We'll just shift December to the upcoming month, keep the other months the same, and then the Christmas month will be September. It'll all work o..."

Of course. And with Christmas decorations showing up in stores already, we'll all be in the spirit.

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 431 comments Christmas decorations? I thought seeing Halloween candy this week was bad. I'm going to hibernate early this year. Wake me up when Easter is over.

Casey | 654 comments Sean wrote: "Christmas decorations? I thought seeing Halloween candy this week was bad. I'm going to hibernate early this year. Wake me up when Easter is over."

I think hibernation would be a tough gig. I mean, what do you do with the poop that lingers?

Mpauli Tom wrote: "I mean, if SEPTember was actually the SEVENTH month instead of the 9th maybe these sorts of things wouldn't happen."

Yes, the DECEMber would just perfectly fit as it is the...ah damn, wouldn't work.^^

But leaving the month-thing behind, it was a very enjoyable podcast.
You should think about a special podcast, where you just discuss pronounciations of authors and artists.

As for John Schoenherr, he was american, but the name is german.
In german an "oe" would be the Umlaut "ö". If you know a little bit of french, think on the french word for game, jeu. The "oe" should sound a bit like that, or like the "u" in purple.
The "sch" in the beginning would sound like trying to shush somebody, the "c" being silent.

And "schön" means beautiful, and "herr", of course, is "Mr."
Actually a good name for an artist.

message 15: by Serendi (new)

Serendi | 832 comments Speaking of pronouncing author names, I was introduced to L. E. Modesitt at a party hosted by a friend who worked with him. This was some years back, but my friend mentioned him from time to time also. My memory is Lee MA-d'-sit. For what it's worth.

message 16: by Louise (new) - added it

Louise (louiseh87) | 352 comments Mpauli wrote: "Tom wrote: "I mean, if SEPTember was actually the SEVENTH month instead of the 9th maybe these sorts of things wouldn't happen."

Yes, the DECEMber would just perfectly fit as it is the...ah damn, ..."

Ah, if only we still lived in the 2nd century BC :)

Rob Secundus (quintessential_defenestration) | 1035 comments Man I'm upset I missed this month. Just getting to Chalion now and it's one of those rare moments when you feel like a book was written for you. Love that it has not just a well developed mythology, but a well developed *theology.* Everything from the schisms to the liturgical bits feels very real. Oh well, that's what starting grad school gets me. Hoping to keep up with this next one better!