cαpe ѕιde ѕcнool ғor тнe αrтѕ ~ αɴ αdvαɴced roleplαy discussion

dorмѕ > ⦇Auda Fallon and Phillipa Renard's Dorm⦈

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Auda had slipped into her dorm a few minutes ago, not really surprised to find it empty. Auda was always early for things, it seemed, and never had a roommate beaten her to the dorm on the first day. Maybe it was just a result of waiting outside the hospital for visiting hours to open, a year and a half running, but Auda liked to make the most of her time, and that meant showing up early. The girl pulled her long, red hair back into a bun, just the way she liked it, as she set her stuff on the bed and started to unpack, just like she had the year before, and the year before that. Though this time, she wasn't as happy to be here. Auda was worried about her mother, though she wasn't likely to show it.

message 2: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

Looking up when she heard someone stumbling into the room, Auda offered a smile, which was only customary. Though her eyes were warm, they looked the girl up and down, wondering if she'd seen her before. After confirming that Auda had not, in fact, seen her roommate before, she took a deep breath and smiled, for real this time--or as real as it could get with Auda. "Hey," she greeted, glancing at the girl's bags. "Do you want help with those... or...?" The redhead wasn't entirely sure why she was offering help, but it couldn't hurt to make nice with her roommate, right? After all, they'd be stuck together for the rest of the year.

message 3: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

Auda shrugged, returning to her own luggage. First came her regular clothes, mostly loose, flexible clothing that somehow looked fashionable at the same time. Then came the trinkets, jewelry and things of the sort. Of course, soon following were the prized dance clothes. Shoes, clothes, hair pieces, all of it. Auda had actually reserved a large piece of her closet and a drawer in the dresser for her dance items, as most of her clothing was in fact for dance. There were six sets of shoes, which she carefully organized before turning back to her roommate. "Auda. And yeah, definitely. It wouldn't be the best idea to go all year without knowing each other's names, now would it?" Maybe it was the fact that Auda was too worried about her mother to uphold her normal personality, or maybe she was just worried that she would get on bad terms with her roommate, but Auda was being surprisingly nice. Not that Auda was mean, but she didn't usually let people see her nice side.

message 4: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

Her pointe shoes sat on the top of Auda's dresser, and she mindlessly brushed her hand over them, smiling faintly before continuing to unpack. She had pulled her laptop out of her bag, plugging it into the wall, which was soon followed by the chargers for her phone, kindle, and other electronic doodads which her brother had bought for her. "Yeah, dance," Auda confirmed, not even slightly creeped out by the comment about her bags. After all, it was plain to see that she was a dance major, and anyone who didn't see it was blind. Auda had the figure, posture, poise, and style of a dancer, so it didn't bother her that people assumed it. Since Pippa had decided to assume things, Auda would return the favor. "Since there's so many books on your shelves, I'm gonna guess writing."

message 5: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)
(view spoiler)

"I figured," Auda said with a faint smile, thankful that she hadn't been wrong. Now that would have been exceedingly humiliating, enough to make the rest of this conversation very awkward, and Auda knew she'd be doing quite a bit of that later. When Pippa asked about her dance, Auda's eyes lit up, going seemingly bluer than before, which was very, very blue. "Oh, quite a few, actually. Even though we're only allowed to take four classes here, two a semester, I take loads more than that at home. Tap, jazz, ballet, pointe..." the redheaded girl rattled on and on, a list of eight or nine types of dance--most of which she was in the highest level possible of--before pausing to catch her breath. "And then of course there's company at the studio. I was in that before I cam here..." Auda shrugged as if this was no big deal, which, to her, it wasn't. "Lots of cords, huh?" she noted, the multitudes of cords tangled in her roommate's hand bringing a faint smile to her lips.

message 6: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

"I wouldn't say accomplished," Auda said modestly, looking at the floor. "Just dedicated. Dance is my life, quite literally. I guess dedication leads to great things." Auda had never been one to think about things she'd accomplished, really. She was so plagued with the dark things in her life that she rarely managed to notice the bright things: her brothers, dance, her mother's life. She always found herself stuck in the dark things, which she'd rather forget; her imprisoned father, her dying mother, those things. Taking a moment to look at the cables, Auda reached out a hand and nimbly tugged on one, freeing one of the larger knots. "I'm used to knots. Dance shoes don't like to keep their laces untied, apparently."

message 7: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

"I'm here on a partial scholarship, but my mom mostly paid for it..." Auda wasn't sure what would happen when her mother died, and her older brother inherited all of the money. God knew he was a smart boy, but she wasn't sure that he'd let her keep attending this school, with the amount of money it cost. "I'd love to learn Russian one day, but right now, I'm just English and French... and dance speak, of course," at that last comment, Auda gave a slight smile, mindlessly pulling her hair out of its bun and running her brush through it. "Skates? You skate?" she inquired with an arched eyebrow, intrigued.

message 8: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

"I know the feeling about nothing to do with spare time," Auda agreed, smiling faintly. "When I have spare time, it means I don't have a dance lesson scheduled for that hour of the day, and I go slowly insane. Homework just doesn't cut it for me," a soft laugh slipped between her lips as she braided her hair quickly with nimble fingers before turning back to Pippa, a look of awe plastered on her face. For once, Auda didn't even bother to try and mask the fact that she was awed. "Seven languages? I can barely manage the two! If you get me thinking in French, I'll speak French the rest of the day, and that's that. Nothing else." She couldn't help but grin at this, which not many people ever saw. "I like figure skating, though I've only been a few times..."

(view spoiler)

message 9: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

"Doesn't seven seem a bit..." Auda shrugged slightly, not seeing how it was possible to learn seven languages in such a small amount of time. "Crazy, no offense. It seems insane. Impossible, if you will..." she bit her lip, wringing her hands and stretching out tiredly on her bed. "I've been skating a few times, and I fell on my butt," the redhead mused. "Dancing doesn't help much if you're unable to keep your balance on the skates, learned that the hard way." Wait, she'd said hacking, right? "You know things about computers? Good, I don't have to worry about a breakdown anymore," a lopsided grin formed on Auda's beautiful face. "Third year," she clarified, closing her eyes. She wasn't tired, just resting her eyes. "I'm a junior..."

message 10: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

"Hardly offensive... I'll remember that, when you find someone who isn't offended when you call them crazy, befriend them," Auda said, mostly to herself. "Because they're often the most fun." At Pippa's comment about languages, the redhead nodded vigorously. "Oh yes, it's hardly possible to know all of the words in a language. Though academic achievements will get you farther in life than artistic ones will, keep that in mind. I grew up around English, so there's not really another opportunity to pick up languages..." Auda shrugged, smiling faintly, though her thoughts were lingering on her mother, back in Seattle. Dying, and here she was enjoying herself. "Doesn't everything get easier with practice, though?" Despite herself, Auda managed a real smile. "I'm sure you have many talents, just undiscovered. And yeah, I like it here. Even if I didn't, my mom would make me go, though..."

message 11: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

"I can think of quite a few things that are uninteresting," Auda piped in, smiling faintly. Ever thinking on the contrary, the redhead was. "Brothers. They often don't know when it's best to stop talking. And their rants can get quite uninteresting. Although I suppose it's a matter of opinion... I guess you're right; I've never thought about it that way. Only uninteresting people. It's quite an intriguing philosophy..." The redhead pushed a few stray strands of hair out of her eyes. "Aren't we all relying on something for the future? With you it's your intelligence, for me it's dance. You're quite right, most authors don't make much in the ways of recognition or a living, though we could be starving artists together?" Auda offered a joking smile to show she was kidding. "Sometimes time is the best way to tell if you've got something to offer the world," she pointed out, not really paying attention to the mood of the conversation, but rather, the words. "Interesting, agreed. I think she only wanted me to attend because she wanted to see me do something I love before... well... either that, or she doesn't want me to be there when it all goes south... either way, I'm only here because it's what she wanted. Otherwise I'd still be in Seattle."

message 12: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

Auda couldn't help but chuckle slightly, a smile playing on her gorgeous face. "My older brother can go on for hours, never stopping. It gets quite uninteresting after a while, I'll be perfectly honest. Unless he happens to be talking about math, I lose interest very quickly." Though her words were those of an annoyed younger sister, her tone was laced with affection, so it was clear that she loved her brother no matter how much he bored her. That was one of the great things about Auda; she wasn't good at hiding her emotions, so however much she may try--which was a lot--she could never quite manage to keep secrets too long. Plus, Auda would much rather have a boring older brother than her father, no doubt. The redhead would much rather be related to someone that bored modern society than someone who took things from others, someone who broke the law and put everyone at risk for getting hurt. If she recalled correctly, that's when Auda had stopped being nice; when her father was imprisoned, because at that point, the little girl hadn't been able to stand the thought of getting hurt again. "I know I'm right," Auda teased lightly, grinning. "I'm always right, hon. You'd do well to learn that." Her grin was lopsided, though not in a mischievous manner, simply lopsided, ever so slightly. "Sometimes I wish decisions weren't so important; didn't matter so much. It would really take the stress off, and usually we'd all make better decisions. Though that might be just me." At the questioning about her mother, Auda's breath caught in her throat, her eyes snapping open, looking at the ceiling. Though they were wide open, they weren't really seeing anything, just staring mindlessly up at the ceiling, clouded over by dark thoughts. "Goes south, as in 'before it's all done," Auda said carefully, and after that she said no more on the subject. It amazed her how quickly her mood could shift sometimes, though she wasn't surprised.

message 13: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

Auda managed to force a small smile at Pippa's words. "Or we could likely do both," she offered jokingly, knowing it was true. Friends often butted heads, and that was what she saw her and Pippa doing many times in the near future, though she wouldn't mind. "Though the former would be better, now wouldn't it?" she mused with a faint smile on her lips, eyes still glued to the ceiling. She felt kind of bad for suddenly going dark, though she couldn't help it. First day of school worries, homesickness, and just overall anxiety were finally catching up with her. "No, no, don't be sorry," she said softly. "It's just kind of unnerving to think that my mother could have died in the short while I've been gone. I didn't want to go... she made me, though. I guess it's just kind of throwing me off a little." Auda bit her lip, and just as quickly as her confession had come up, her walls were back up, and she was no longer sharing any secrets.

message 14: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

"So what do you imagine will happen?" Auda mused, picking up a pair of pointe shoes mindlessly and playing with the ribbon on it. It had so many memories. "It only hurts the losers," she teased. "All competitions hurt the losers. But I get the feeling there won't be any losers here, so we're good," she promised. Though Auda was attempting to lighten her mood, it wasn't easy with her thoughts so dark. All she could imagine was her mother, dead. Auda wouldn't be able to survive if her mother died. She'd be left with her father as her only parents, and Auda would rather die than associate herself with him. He wasn't exactly a very good man, to say the least. Turning the shoes over in her hands, Auda heaved a soft sigh. She doubted these shoes fit anymore, but that wasn't why she had brought them. These shoes were older than Auda was; they hadn't been hers. These had been her mother's shoes, years ago. The redhead had figured that if her mother was probably never going to see her again, the least she could do was have something to hang onto. "No," she said softly. "I wouldn't. Because I'm a selfish person. I'd want to spend every last moment with them, because you never know if you'll get the chance again. Because I'd much rather know that I managed to say everything I wanted to say before I died. Then again, that's just selfish old me." Auda's voice was emotionless, toneless, and in a way, that was worse than if she'd broken down sobbing.

message 15: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

message 16: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

"How smart did you previously think I was?" Auda mused, arching an eyebrow. "I tend to surprise lots of people. Not all dancers are idiots, which shocks quite a few. The lightness in Pippa's tone caught her off guard. While it wasn't quite warm, it was definitely close to so. Perhaps the redhead was making friends for once, though she seriously doubted it; Auda didn't make many friends. She spent far too much time at the studio, and the rest of her time was spent doing other things. Not to mention, she wasn't the nicest person in the world, if you weren't alone, so Auda didn't have many friends. Just the thought of possibly having a friend caused her lips to curl up into a smile before it faded again. "I've never believe there's only two types of people," she said after a moment's consideration, glad the subject had shifted. "Just look at everyone, and even on the outside, there's more than two types of people. Then in our heads, we're doubly so. It's all complex..." she shrugged her slim shoulders, closing her eyes again.

message 17: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

"Not many people do," Auda said with a light shrug. She wasn't at all offended by that; not many people thought her capable of intelligence. Most dancers weren't what the common population would call 'intelligent,' and Auda knew that, so she wasn't at all offended by the stereotype. However, the redhead was an exception. She was quite bright, especially in math and English. Auda always found herself in classes much above her grade level in those subjects. "Chaotic is a perfect word, honestly. We're all so different, and it's impossible to classify us all as one thing. It's quite an interesting perspective, actually... It's a very beautiful thing, to be so different..." Auda sighed softly, stretching out on her bed and staring at the ceiling. She was mindlessly pointing and flexing her feet, which she had suspended in the air, stretching. Well, if she was gonna live here for a year, Pippa might as well get used to Auda's odd obsession with stretching. "I don't mind philosophical, as long as we keep everything in English or French."

message 18: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

"Math and Literature," Auda said quicky, without hesitation. "And Dance, of course, but that hardly counts in a regular school, so I'd leave that off the list." Auda had already stretched her feet--after years of practice, it took much less time, and she'd stretched earlier--the redhead resorted to falling into her splits. Unlike many, Auda didn't find the position painful at all, so she could sit for hours like that. Of course, she didn't quite care if Pippa was giving her odd looks; stretching was stretching, and she found herself with the constant need to stretch. Seldom passed an hour when Auda didn't find herself stretching at least once. "Words, definitely. Beautiful words... Words always make me wish I knew more languages, so I could know more of them... of course, with the schedule I'm maintaining, languages wouldn't quite fit." A soft laugh escaped her lips, and still in her stretching position, Auda had started rebraiding her hair, thinking nothing of it. "Or Spanish, at least. My brother is making me learn Spanish, so I might as well."

message 19: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)
(view spoiler)

Auda, quite comfortable in her position on the floor, leaned over her extended left leg and rested her forehead on top of her kneecap, toes pointed perfectly. Even out of class, her form was always perfect. It wasn't hard to find Auda in her splits; it was nearly impossible to do it without constant practice. If she lost the ability to be flexible enough, she'd be in quite a bit of trouble from her dance teacher back home. "I've always loved math," she said mindlessly, her ponytail flipping slightly when she straightened back up. Leaning back, still in the same position, Auda managed a shrug. "I may or may not have taken notice," she teased, laughing softly. "Maybe." After a few moments, Auda eventually relaxed and tugged her feet in for a butterfly stretch; one she was particularly good at. "Did you really say that? I would have gotten in so much trouble. Did you?"

(view spoiler)

message 20: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

Auda managed to twist her head enough to look at her blonde roommate. "Really? If I said that, my Spanish teacher would've had my head on a stake. She didn't like me much..." Despite the kindness that Auda was showing to her roommate, she wasn't particularly nice to the world. Maybe it was just that she didn't have time to get close to people, or she was afraid of getting hurt, but Auda didn't let people get close to her. Even if she did, Auda didn't like for people to be close. She preferred solitude, not countless hours spent socializing. "Which I don't understand. Teachers tend to love my sarcasm and rude remarks," she said sarcastically, stretching her back in an attempt to get used to the limited space in the room. Stretching and practicing would be more difficult if she ever woke at in the morning, which happened often. Auda always found herself up and dancing in the middle of the night, so the slightly small room made that difficult. Nothing she couldn't handle, though. "Do you know when classes start?"

(view spoiler)

message 21: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

message 22: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)
"People do tend to be imbeciles," Auda agreed mindlessly, stretching out on her back and kicking her feet up in the air mindlessly, not even bothering to try. It was more something to occupy herself with than anything. "But it's better here. People are slightly more intelligent. At least, I suppose it depends on where you come from, but I'd say people here are relatively smarter, less imbecilic." She shrugged her slim shoulders before lifting both her legs entirely off the ground and balancing perfectly still on her shoulders. Auda often found that people were pretty stupid wherever she went, but here was one of the better places. Back in Seattle, not many people were intelligent enough to keep up with Auda in conversation. "So you sing, too?" she teased with a soft laugh, nodding. "I'm aware. Don't worry; I won't hold it against you, either," she promised, a faint smile on her pink lips. "I don't know, either. I suppose that's something I'll have to figure out, is it not?" she mused, jumping to her feet with ease, knees slightly bent. "I'll figure it out eventually."

message 23: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

"Though oftentimes he is surrounded by imbeciles," Auda pointed out, smiling faintly. "Most of us are; it's quite hard to find someone of decent intelligence..." With a shrug, the redhead stood up and stretched out on her bed, mindlessly running her fingers through her tangled hair. Often, she considered getting it cut, but after serious consideration, she always decided against it. One bad haircut would make it nearly impossible to get her hair up for competitions, recitals, and class, which would drive her insane. "Everyone sounds like a Nina Simone in the shower," Auda noted smartly, a grin on her lips. "Even myself. And I tend to make ears bleed when I sing." Her shoulders lifted in a shrug, amusement dancing in her blue eyes. She occupied her bored hands with picking at the end of her sheets, brushing away nonexistent lint. "I'll make sure to do that. If I ever figure it out, I'll tell you."

(view spoiler)

message 24: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

Auda found Pippa's ranting quite amusing, if she were honest. The redhead had always been a woman of few words, ones that spoke clear and true (at least, few words until it came to her friends. Then she found herself a chatterbox.) Though the young dancer found it amusing, she didn't laugh, only a faint smile graced her pink lips, long strands of hair falling free from her loose hairdo and into her pale face. Without just the right amount of hairspray, gel, and other mountainous amounts of hair products which were certainly the reason for most of the ozone layer's deterioration, Auda's gorgeously hued hair would never stay out of her eyes. Being a dancer, Auda found this beyond annoying, constantly complaining about it, which was what she did best. Complain. "Honestly, I bet they've got it posted somewhere in this room. I'd bet my pointe shoes on it." Needless to say, pointe shoes was a big bet for her; Auda was certain that the information would be posted somewhere in the room. The only question was as to where.

message 25: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

message 26: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

message 27: by cecilia (new)

cecilia (view spoiler)

cαpe ѕιde ѕcнool ғor тнe αrтѕ ~ αɴ αdvαɴced...

unread topics | mark unread