Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Funny Bookworm Stories

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janessa (new)

Janessa King (janessaking) | 104 comments I hope I'm doing this right. If not, let me know. (:

Post funny stories that you've experienced as a bookworm that people who aren't into reading wouldn't understand or would find crazy. :D

One funny story is that once when I was younger (around 10 or so) I got in trouble. I can't remember why, but my punishment? My mom made me throw out my library cards (it must have been pretty serious). Being the "rebel" I am, I hid the smaller library card in a drawer so she couldn't find it. :P

message 2: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I love this idea! :D

That is so funny! :D

Well when I was younger and got in trouble and had to have a punishment my mother took all of my books away from me because those are the things I love most!

message 3: by Janessa (new)

Janessa King (janessaking) | 104 comments I'm glad you like it! :D

That was me too! I was always the one who would stay up late reading and my mom would have to physically take and hide the book so I would go to sleep. If she just came in and warned me I would wait until she left to read again. ^_^

message 4: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Yeah, I stay up really late sometimes reading! :D

message 5: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean | 675 comments lol When I was younger and went to bed I would hide a flashlight under my pillow and then use it to read at night. And when christmas came along, my dad would put lights in my room that were on a timer til 12 AM for all of December and these lights would lighten up my room. So that's how I read

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, yesterday, I went to the library with my daughter to pick up my on hold copy of Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout and when i FINALLY got it in my hands I was squealing and hugging it and my daughter was SOOOOOOOO embarrassed! It was AWESOME!

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Joanne♥~Bookworm Extraordinaire wrote: "lol When I was younger and went to bed I would hide a flashlight under my pillow and then use it to read at night. And when christmas came along, my dad would put lights in my room that were on a t..."

THat's a great story!

message 8: by Raevyn (last edited Aug 28, 2013 05:05AM) (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] (raevynstar) | 180 comments Once when I was in my local bookstore for a club, I PROMISED that I wouldn't get any books besides the two or three I already knew I was getting. To make a long story short...

I came out with at least 7 books. :D

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I used to live in a very small town (and the next closest town was still pretty small)

I was at a coffee shop finishing up my book and it was so sad. I was crying at the table, reading the last few pages.

When I was done I put the book down and still had tears on my face. An older woman at a nearby table looked at me, looked at my book, smiled

and came over and started hugging me. She even teared up and told me she'd just read the book too. She went and got her coffee from her table and joined mine, and we spent the next 1/2 or so talking about the book over coffee and crying a little.

It was kind of fun. bumping into a fellow bookworm in a coffee shop AND getting to talk to someone about such a moving book as soon as I was done with it.

the book: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "I used to live in a very small town (and the next closest town was still pretty small)

I was at a coffee shop finishing up my book and it was so sad. I was crying at the table, reading the last fe..."

I LOVE that story! There are still some awesome people out there! <3

message 11: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Trisha, that story is awesome! :D

message 12: by Janessa (new)

Janessa King (janessaking) | 104 comments Trisha wrote: "I used to live in a very small town (and the next closest town was still pretty small)

I was at a coffee shop finishing up my book and it was so sad. I was crying at the table, reading the last fe..."

This story is amazing. I love when moments like this happen. :D

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Trisha, I love it!! xD That's so awesome!