Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6)
This topic is about Before I Wake
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Before I Wake (Soul Screamers #6) by Rachel Vincent → Start Date: September 5, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amanda (last edited Aug 27, 2013 03:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amanda | 4400 comments Please join Trisha, Brianne (are you joining us? does this date work for you?) and I as we continue with the Soul Screamers series.

Amanda | 4400 comments Yay, welcome Kathryn.

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Welcome Kathryn!

I can't wait for this one! I can't believe we're almost done with this series!

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I plan to read Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers, #5.5) by Rachel Vincent just before I read this one

Amanda | 4400 comments Trisha wrote: "I plan to read Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers, #5.5) by Rachel Vincent just before I read this one"

Me too, I was going to read it a day or two before this one.

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Aug 27, 2013 05:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm hoping it helps me feel some sympathy for Sophie and not strengthen my dislike for her! LOL!

Amanda | 4400 comments I know me too, because I really dislike Sophie right now. I would like to have any reason to have some sympathy for her.

Kathy | 7950 comments OMG! I'm so ready to read this with you guys!!! :)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I won't be able to join you guys. :( This is what I posted in #5's thread:

I'm so behind! :( I haven't been able to do any reading this week! We've had teacher inservice and I'm also doing my old job at the same time, so I've had to work long hours. I'm absolutely exhausted when I get home. I'm going to have to just read later and look through the threads when I get done. Have fun guys!

message 10: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments oh we'll miss you Brianna. I hope things calm down soon!!!

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Thank you Trisha! And me too!!! Lol!

message 12: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments OMG so excited for this one tomorrow!

I need to read Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers, #5.5) by Rachel Vincent First! Cant wait!

Kathy | 7950 comments I brought my copy home tonight after work! So I'm ready Freddy!!! lol! :D

Amanda | 4400 comments I can't wait either. I have to work this morning so I will be starting this later this afternoon.

Amanda | 4400 comments 8 chapters done and so far I am liking this one.

Kaylee (view spoiler)

Thane (view spoiler)

Kathy | 7950 comments I haven't started yet. I've had a headache all day. I'm so glad I was off work today! Haven't got much reading done. Trying to finish Origin and then I'll start this one.

message 17: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm going to start this one just before bed, so I'll be posting tomorrow :) I can't wait

Kathy, I hope your headache goes away! Those are the worst!

Kathy | 7950 comments Thanks Trisha! I hope so too! :)

Amanda | 4400 comments Sorry to hear about your headache Kathy I hope you feel better soon.

Amanda | 4400 comments 11 chapters in so far. This is good.

Kaylee (view spoiler)

Nash (view spoiler)

Amanda | 4400 comments 18 chapters in.

Alec (view spoiler)

Kaylee (view spoiler)

Tod (view spoiler)

Have to head to work now will finish this up this afternoon.

Amanda | 4400 comments Done

This one was so good I can't wait to see what you guys think of it.

Avari (view spoiler)

Emma (view spoiler)

So excited to see how this series ends.

Kathy | 7950 comments Thanks Amanda! I'll start this one in a few minutes. :)

message 24: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Amanda wrote: "8 chapters done and so far I am liking this one.

Kaylee [spoilers removed]

Thane [spoilers removed]"

I totally agree with both of these

sorry, rough afternoon. I'm really sore from falling down my stairs yesterday.... I got a lot of reading and napping in, not a lot of updating in :)

message 25: by Kathy (last edited Sep 06, 2013 06:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments Oh my gosh! Trisha are you ok? Don't worry about undating, that's what I was going through yesterday with my headache. Gosh, I hope you feel better soon! :)

Kathy | 7950 comments I'm only a chapter or two into it and it's been so long since I read Until I Die that I can't remember somthing so maybe you can help me out a little bit?

I remember Tod (view spoiler)

I'll read more tomorrow, I'll be at work all day so I prob won't get that much done until later at night.

Amanda | 4400 comments Kathy wrote: "I'm only a chapter or two into it and it's been so long since I read Until I Die that I can't remember somthing so maybe you can help me out a little bit?

I remember Tod [spoilers removed]

I'll r..."

From how I remember it Tod would not reap Kaylees soul while she was dying in the hospital so Levi basically fired Tod which made him dead for good. When Kaylee was brought back to have a job rescuing stolen souls she said she would do the job on certain conditions one of which was bringing Tod back. I hope I explained that okay.

Kathy | 7950 comments Amanda wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I'm only a chapter or two into it and it's been so long since I read Until I Die that I can't remember somthing so maybe you can help me out a little bit?

I remember Tod [spoilers re..."

Well I think I messed up in my question! I was half asleep when I posted...obviously I haven't learned my lesson on this before! Sorry about that! lol!

I meant what happened between Thane and Kaylee. I remember he was supposed to take Kaylee when she was little and he took her mom instead. He was stalking her!! Kaylee was on the list of scheduled deaths and couldn't get out of it because of when she being on borrowed time anyway. Did Thane try to reap Kaylee's soul before her death date? I don't remember what went down between them.

As I'm reading I'm starting to remember more, but I just can't remember that part! I'm in the middle of chapter 4. Sophie is so petulant! Why does she have to be such a child! I wish Nash would get over himself! And Sabine! Well I have wanted to slap her since she showed up in [book:My Soul to Steal|8487363]!! I feel for her dad though, I mean he shouldn't have stay away so long, but dang it! He just got back! *sigh* I'll read more later when I get home.

message 29: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Sophie - I liked her for just a minute in Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers, #5.5) by Rachel Vincent . now she's back to annoying

Sabine - maybe if she could actually get over the fact that Nash will always have a spot in his heart for Kaylee (Like Kaylee accepted with Sabine!), than maybe Nash could get over Kaylee - Sabine is just as much a problem with this whole situation as Nash is!

Nash - I remember when i used to love the fact that they were together. But some mistakes you just can't come back from. and he definitely made some I wouldn't have been able to forgive him for.

I'm so glad Kaylee stood up for herself
and OMG I love Kaylee with Tod!!!

Amanda | 4400 comments Kathy wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I'm only a chapter or two into it and it's been so long since I read Until I Die that I can't remember somthing so maybe you can help me out a little bit?

I remember T..."

Oh okay, well I don't remember Thane trying to reap her soul before her time, but he was showing himself to her when he was not supposed to and he kept showing up and basically harassing her throughout the book. From what I remember the reaper is not supposed to show himself to the person before their time and he just kept showing up.

Kathy | 7950 comments Amanda wrote: "Kathy wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I'm only a chapter or two into it and it's been so long since I read Until I Die that I can't remember somthing so maybe you can help me out a little bit?..."

Ok! Thanks Amanda! I read it back in Dec 2011!! So it's been a while! lol! :D

Amanda | 4400 comments Kathy wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Kathy wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I'm only a chapter or two into it and it's been so long since I read Until I Die that I can't remember somthing so maybe you can help me ou..."

Your welcome, I hope I explained it okay :)

Kathy | 7950 comments You did! Thanks so much! :)

message 34: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Sep 07, 2013 03:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments thru ch 14

wow, I don't get it (view spoiler)

Sabine (view spoiler) but yay for Tod (view spoiler)

message 35: by Amanda (last edited Sep 07, 2013 04:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amanda | 4400 comments I know I did not get how (view spoiler)

message 36: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments done
and wow...

so much was shocking!!!

the last book had better have (view spoiler)

message 37: by Kathy (last edited Sep 07, 2013 09:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments 8 chapters in

Nash (view spoiler)

Thane (view spoiler)

Kaylee(view spoiler)

What happened to Alec? I don't remember that either! :(

I'll be back tomorrow after church! :)

Amanda | 4400 comments I agree Trisha there were so many shocking things in this one. I really want Avari (view spoiler)

Amanda | 4400 comments I don't entirely remember what happened to Alec in the earlier books. I think that he was rescued from the Netherworld. But I don't remember how he ended up there in the first place or how he was gotten out of the Netherworld.

message 40: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I remember Alec was down with Avari. He was in the netherworld tortured by him for a very very long time. Of anyone, Alec knows Avari best. I don't remember how he got out either. Did they save him? Hmmmm....

I also remember that, a few books ago, Alec was being possessed by Avari and he used Avari to kill teachers (wasn't that who was doing it?) and I remember kaylee having to tie Avari up and night and try to watch for him but it didn't work.

message 41: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments OMG Kathryn, I LOVED this one!
Loved it!!!

I hope you enjoy it! be sure to come back as often as you want :) I'll be here to chat and gush all about this book! lol

Amanda | 4400 comments You are right Trisha I remember that now. Avari was using Alec to kill the teachers and Kaylee did have to tie up Alec at night, but that did not work out so well.

Kathy | 7950 comments Amanda wrote: "You are right Trisha I remember that now. Avari was using Alec to kill the teachers and Kaylee did have to tie up Alec at night, but that did not work out so well."

Yeah, it didn't and I remember Kaylee's dad walking in on them when she was trying to tie him to her bed!! SO funny! lol! :D

message 44: by Kathy (last edited Sep 08, 2013 04:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments 14 chapters in

Avari (view spoiler)

*EDIT*

Ok I get it now! (view spoiler)

Kathy | 7950 comments 18 chapters in

Alec, Kaylee and Tod(view spoiler)

message 46: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Tod LOL I LOVE that boy!

ugh, Avari. He better get his in the next book.
seriously

message 47: by Kathy (last edited Sep 08, 2013 08:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments Done! Oh! He had better!!!!! I'm so peeved right now!

The ending (view spoiler)

*EDIT
The short at the end A Day in the Afterlife of Tod I just love Tod!! He is so funny and so so so so sweet! *dreamy sigh*

message 48: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol Sabine
I just want to smack her :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Oh! That girl! Me too Trisha! Me too!!! lol! :D

message 50: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments so, are you guys interested in schedule the final book for next month?? In October sometime??

« previous 1