Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Free Souls (Mindjack, #3)
This topic is about Free Souls
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Free Souls (Mindjack #3) by Susan Kaye Quinn → Start Date: September 9th, 2013

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments If you've read the other books,please join Becky and I as we complete the Mindjack trilogy!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments You Rock Trisha! Thanks for making the thread. The computer is finally letting me post on here again!

Yay, the 9th!!! :-)

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments no prob!! I can't wait. I hope this series gives us a HEA! No loose ends!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "no prob!! I can't wait. I hope this series gives us a HEA! No loose ends!"

Ok, dumb blonde moment - HEA???

And I agree!

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments HEA - Happily Ever After

:D

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "HEA - Happily Ever After

:D"

OMG, DOH! TY very much!!! I would LOVE that, not sure it's possible tho. I just want Kestrel to suffer! LOL!

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Oh I think Kestrel is going to get his in this one

I don't think he'll die, but I think he'll get beaten and....(dare I dream?) I think he'll be wiped to be a good person :D like Sasha does - where he can make him remember all the wrong he did and want to spend every day trying to make it right. lol

wouldn't that be awesome. The ultimate win :D

I just can't decide if I want Raf's memory to come back (I think he'll find letters and notes or something that he did that helps him remember he loves her on his own, not manipulation)

or if I want her to be with Julian.

life must be tough when that's what you are weighing as good or bad! LOL!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I feel the exact same way about Raf/Julian/Kira. :-)

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments we start this tomorrow! Can you believe it??

did you see her other series Delirium (Debt Collector, #1) by Susan Kaye Quinn ?

the first book is free on amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/Delirium-Debt-C...

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm so excited! I'll look at other series when I get to my computer. maybe start in October? I'm sho swamped this month. Too many good books!!!!

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol they are pretty short (I think the first one is like 49 pages!)

maybe get the first set, 4 book pack (or 3 book pack?)
are 1.99. we might want to do that! LOL!

but yeah, let me know when you're back :D

message 12: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments okay 5 chapters done

Kira (view spoiler)

Julian (view spoiler)

Sasha (view spoiler)

Jackertown (view spoiler)

I don't think (view spoiler)

message 13: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments ch 8

gah, I want to shake Kira. :(

message 14: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments chapter 15

omg (view spoiler)

Julian (view spoiler)

Do you really think (view spoiler)

message 15: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments ch 19

I thought there was something (view spoiler)

message 16: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments through chapter 20

holy crow this is intense! LOL! I'm really enjoying this one!!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok I can't wait to get started - you're so far ahead of me. I'm so sorry!

And, btw - I pretty much ALWAYS want to shake Kira!

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol!!!! Right! She was killing me in the beginning but about half way :D yay!! :D
lol

message 19: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments oh, and it's a really quick read :)

message 20: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments wow, that was a very very good ending.

I can't wait for you to read it!!! be sure to check in often as you read it when you get to it :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm up to chapter 4. I'll have it done tonight. So far I'm just to the point where Vellus has the national guard surrounding Jackertown.

i can't wait to see if Kiera and Julian get together!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Why do I get a REALLY SUPER BAD feeling about Kira and Sasha linking up? ACK!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "okay 5 chapters done

Kira [spoilers removed]

Julian [spoilers removed]

Sasha [spoilers removed]

Jackertown [spoilers removed]

I don't think [spoilers removed]"

I loved all your points here. Julian is very smart with taking over the plant. Not sure how long they'll have it tho..

Also, I think he puts up with Kira b/c he's in love with her...

she's an idiot sometimes - at least so far

She keeps doing her own thing to fill the hole that Raf left... If she'd follow her instincts about Julian she'd fill that hole up with him in a heartbeat!

And I agree she should NOT be on those chat casts - if they even can still do them.

I hope Sasha is ok after that seizure!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Just finished chapter 15!

I read your spoilers. If Raf is doing that I would be major surprised - it's just not in his nature, holes or no holes in his memory!

Love the 2 of them together! HOpe it lasts.

And Kira - wow. Can't decide if she's brave or crazy!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "ch 19

I thought there was something off about Vellus. It makes COMPLETE sense that he's a jacker.

ugh, that guy :( "

And not just a jacker, but a HANDLER just like Julian! WOW!

message 26: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "And not just a jacker, but a HANDLER just like Julian! WOW!"

RIGHT!! Isn't that crazy? I didn't see that coming at all!!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, I'm done! I really liked it. But, I'm still not sure about her decision to put the "poison" in the tank...

I'm glad she and Julian are together, but I still feel sad for Raf!

Great Trilogy. Thanks for reading it with me!

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Thank you! I can't believe we're done!

I know, I'm a little torn about her decision too. you just don't know what it will do longterm

but she knew if there wasn't some big change, the government was probably going to kill them all...or put them in prison.

crazy to think Vellus was actually trying to stop the government.....

and yeah, I love Julian and Kira together. I was so glad when she FINALLY let that happen.

I know, Raf. he is even like her now...but he's permanently changed with all those missing holes in his memory. I think his has the saddest outcome :(

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Yeah, Raf is the one I felt the most sorry for. He didn't really get his HEA did he? And Sasha losing his ability, even tho he said he was fine with it!

And, good point about her decision. :-)

It's been a great ride through these books! Maybe in late October or November we can start her next series!

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Sep 10, 2013 07:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I love it! I'm ready to start her next one when you are!!!

I'll tag the books on my wish list on Amazon and see if they go on sale at all.

let me know if you see any price drops on them :D

message 31: by Becky (last edited Sep 10, 2013 07:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I already have the first one, I got it free back in June, but I'll keep checking on them! Cuz I'll need the rest as well!

I was so happy when Off Sides finally showed up free again! Now I can read that and it's sequel, lol! You know, in all my free time!

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments yay! The Off Sides is pretty good! I hope you like it!

Maybe we can buddy read book 2 :D

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "yay! The Off Sides is pretty good! I hope you like it!

Maybe we can buddy read book 2 :D"

I would LOVE that you know! :-)