The Page Turners discussion

Inkheart (Inkworld, #1)
This topic is about Inkheart
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > [Completed] Inkheart by Cornelia Funke --- Start date: 9.8.13

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (last edited Sep 04, 2013 07:08PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kathy | 905 comments This thread is solely for the discussion of Inkheart by Cornelia Funke.
description
Twelve-year-old Meggie learns that her father, who repairs and binds books for a living, can "read" fictional characters to life when one of those characters abducts them and tries to force him into service.

Characters from books literally leap off the page in this engrossing fantasy. Meggie has had her father to herself since her mother went away when she was young. Mo taught her to read when she was five, and the two share a mutual love of books. He can "read" characters out of books. When she was three, he read aloud from a book called Inkheart and released characters into the real world. At the same time, Meggie's mother disappeared into the story. This "story within a story" will delight not just fantasy fans, but all readers who like an exciting plot with larger-than-life characters.
description

Sept.8 - ch. 1-4
Sept.9 - ch. 5-8
Sept.10 - ch. 9-12
Sept.11 - ch.13-16
Sept.12 - ch. 17-20
Sept.13 - ch. 21-24
Sept.14 - ch. 25-28
Sept.15 - ch. 29-32
Sept.16 - ch. 33-36
Sept.17 - ch. 37-40
Sept.18 - ch. 41-44
Sept.19 - ch. 45-48
Sept.20 - ch. 49-52
Sept.21 - ch. 53-56
Sept.22 - ch. 57-59

description
Kathy
Olivia
Janessa
Hannah
Tracy
Mary
Emily
Tara
Lisa
Cindy
Mindy
Britta
Mark
Gina
Adam
Margie
Vie
Violet
Andrea
Kim
Ashley
Ben
Carri
Maggie
Wendy
Gracie

Olivia McCloskey (brewingupbooks) | 2470 comments Mod
I'm in.

Janessa | 517 comments Mod
I'm in

Hannah Ethridge I'm in.

Olivia McCloskey (brewingupbooks) | 2470 comments Mod
The Buddy Read has officially started. All members who signed up to participate above are strongly encouraged to take part in the ensuing discussion. When creating a post, please remember to include your current page number at the beginning of your post.

Happy Reading!

Kathy | 905 comments I have just reached chapter 5. I think it's really good so far! However, maybe it's just me, but I feel like Meggie acts like she is younger than 12.

Kathy | 905 comments What do you guys think?

Kathy | 905 comments Definitely!

message 9: by Janessa (last edited Sep 19, 2013 07:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Page 12 of 534
I read this book some years ago and it became one of my favorites, so this is a reread for me. But with just these first few pages I am already swept away by Funke's storytelling :)

Kathy | 905 comments I totally agree, she is so gifted with the language she uses and I admire how vividly she describes things and people.

message 11: by Janessa (last edited Sep 19, 2013 07:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Page 90 of 534
Elinor's house reminds me of my own house I have books all over the place and when I think I have to many I go out and buy more books. Plus it is true that books whisper to you. So many times I have had a book jump out at me and latch on to me saying "Take me home with you, my story is so wonderful you will just love me!" :)

message 12: by Kathy (last edited Sep 19, 2013 02:10PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kathy | 905 comments I know! I want her library so badly!

Page 108 of 534
Who is your favorite character? Mine is Dustfinger, I find him to be very complex

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Inkheart (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cornelia Funke (other topics)