Brantford Public Library's Online Book Club discussion

The Light Between Oceans
This topic is about The Light Between Oceans
Light Between Oceans > Touching EMOTIONAL Moments

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brantford Public Library | 453 comments Mod
This book was filled with many touching emotional moments. What scenes or parts of the book did you remember as being very emotional?

Kathy (katkin) | 4 comments There were a lot of moments,but the last chapter got me.I thought I was going to cry.

Margaret | 15 comments Kathy I did cry. Up till the end I was taking it alright.

message 4: by Karen (last edited Aug 28, 2013 06:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen (karen1278) | 428 comments I found there were emotional moments early in the book. The descriptions of warfare on page 10 -- and again on pages 18-19 were very moving. Tears streamed down my face as I read about the young men who returned from the front lines scarred physically, emotionally and spiritually.

Laura | 92 comments I cried quite a few times throughout the story, but the last chapter really did get me the most as well.

Anna (iudita) | 450 comments There is no doubt that the end was very difficult but I think I found the part where Tom &Isabel had to give up Lucy the toughest. I felt horrible for everyone involved, especially Lucy.

Kathryn (kdrury) | 112 comments The part that really pulled at my heart strings was when Lucy was first living with Hannah. I can only imagine how horribly difficult it would be for a mother who finally gets her daughter back only to be rejected by her.