The Sword and Laser discussion

Jim Butcher
This topic is about Jim Butcher
Our Dragon*Con show w Jim Butcher

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom, Supreme Laser (new)

Tom Merritt (tommerritt) | 1151 comments Mod
Hey all. If you're going to be at DragonCon this weekend in Atlanta, come see the show live!

We'll be sitting down with author Jim Butcher for an hour of conversation and questions from the audience. (See the Author question section to submit a question for the show!)

The show is Saturday August 31 at 2:30 PM IN the Marriott Room A601-A602

And the word is we will have t-shirts and bookmarks. Yay!

Hope to see you there!

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul Harmon (thesaint08d) | 639 comments Yes but what about podcast 139 its almost 6pm now, hello I want to make dinner and I can't without the podcast :)

message 3: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8462 comments Cool. Butcher is extremely articulate about Fantasy and writing. Ask him about movies.

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2858 comments Any gatherings outside of the con? :)

message 5: by library_jim (new)

library_jim | 212 comments I'll be there! Looking forward to it. Either of you guys dressing up again?

message 6: by Rick (new)

Rick P. | 53 comments I'll be there. Have we grown too large for some kind of meet up?

message 7: by Walter (new)

Walter Spence (walterspence) | 707 comments Will also be there, spouse in tow. Very much looking forward to the interview. :)

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy Sinnott | 31 comments I'm frothing at the mouth to hear that interview! Sadly will have to wait for the podcast...

message 9: by Rick (new)

Rick P. | 53 comments The line for the podcast was looking pretty long even 45 mins before the show. This IS getting to be a large club.

message 10: by Walter (new)

Walter Spence (walterspence) | 707 comments As compared to the paucity of conventioneers elsewhere? :)

message 11: by Rick (new)

Rick P. | 53 comments Walter, perhaps I'm misjudging. It seems that less than half the crowd and the meeting were actually active in Sword and Laser. The rest, I guess, we're there to see Jim Butcher.

message 12: by LegalKimchi (new)

LegalKimchi | 112 comments didnt make the podcast. grr. there shoukd be another meeting

message 13: by Walter (new)

Walter Spence (walterspence) | 707 comments Rick, I wasn't commenting on the audience for the podcast, was making a remark about how incredibly crowded DragonCon is. I went into the Hyatt on Saturday, can't remember the last time I saw so many people in one place.

message 14: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (xanar) | 1 comments The live podcasts are always high energy! It was an amazing show! I look forward to next year!

message 15: by library_jim (new)

library_jim | 212 comments Due to technical difficulties, I missed the live podcast. I did, however get to buy a S&L t-shirt from Tom himself! Then I was checking out the CosmosQuest booth later and there was a nice guy in front of it handing out free comics. I didn't realize who it was right away because it was out of context with him in front of an astronomy booth. I said, "I'm sorry, I recognize you but I'm not sure from where yet." He pointed to my S&L shirt and chuckled. "You know me from that show."

It was Scott Sigler! D'oh. He was great and when he found out I was a school librarian, gave me his email so he could send me some YA books. Fun times.

Won't miss the podcast next year if I can help it!