StoryBundle - DRM-FREE indie e-books discussion

Young Adult Bundle

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (new)

Jason Corfman (corfy) | 4 comments A new "Young Adult Bundle" was released today.

The initial titles in the bundle are:

Feyland: The Dark Realm by Anthea Sharp
Scourge by David H. Burton
Powerless - Omnibus Edition by Jason Letts - (three books in one volume!)
The Blemished by Sarah Dalton
Closed Hearts by Susan Quinn

If you pay more than the bonus price of just $10, you'll get two more titles:

Feyland: The Bright Court by Anthea Sharp, the followup to Feyland: The Dark Realm
The Vanished by Sarah Dalton, the followup to The Blemished

Also, if you subscribe to the free announcement newsletter while this bundle is available (or if you are already subscribed to the newsletter), you will get a free ebook:

Open Minds by Susan Quinn

message 2: by tivasyk (last edited Aug 28, 2013 01:46AM) (new)

tivasyk | 16 comments great news! also the idea to share a free book among the loyal subscribers is good, at least i would never think of buying a young adult bundle (faeries from a computer game? omg… in my days young adult literature meant jules verne, mark twain, arthur conan-doyle etc.), now i hasitate =)

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jbaby) This bundle has me very excited! I love YA!!! Giving away a book is very clever! StoryBundle is the best!

message 4: by Cyber (new)

Cyber Killer | 4 comments I'm pretty skeptic about this bundle. I read a paranormal romance recently to find out if I'd like the genre (I didn't), so when this is basically the same I think I'll skip this bundle.

message 5: by tivasyk (new)

tivasyk | 16 comments Cyber wrote: "...to find out if I'd like the genre (I didn't), so when this is basically the same I think I'll skip this bundle." same here and i have no one to offer it to as a gift =/

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jbaby) I've learned you can't judge an entire genre based on one book. :) I hate romance books but I tried a few paranormal romance books and loved them. There is a lot of terrible, terrible paranormal romance out there though because it's the new-ish hot thing. So everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon. :/ I got lucky with the first few that I tried. If I had read bad paranormal romance books I would've written off the entire genre. You should check out Allie's War Collection. Her series is not your typical paranormal romance. J.C. Andrijeski is doing something very interesting with the genre.

This is why I love StoryBundle. They always keep the offerings interesting. The crime/mysteries, video games, ChickLit, and Dr. Who bundles didn't do a thing for me. I'm a Dr. Who fan, but I'm not hardcore enough to want read books about him. I'm just glad that StoryBundle isn't just limiting themselves to just SciFi/Fantasy. Although that would certainly be fine with me since those are my favorite genres.

message 7: by Cyber (new)

Cyber Killer | 4 comments True, one book doesn't impact the whole genre, but the general ideas are similar. I put the YA book that StoryBundle gave to newsletter subscribers on my to-read list.

Anyway it's great that StoryBundle doesn't mix genres inside bundles (they did once and I immidiately send them an e-mail to never do that again - I guess I wasn't the only one who did :-) ). This way if you don't like one you can easily skip it and not feel bad for missing a single book that you wanted.

message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason Corfman (corfy) | 4 comments To tivasyk and Cyber, I just wanted to say that I see the bundles as a way not only to discover new authors, but also new genres. I nearly passed on the Fantasy bundle a few months ago. With the exceptions of Star Wars and Harry Potter, I'm not normally much of a "fantasy" story person (I'm one of the few people I know who doesn't like "Lord of the Rings", either the books or the movies). But I decided to go ahead and pick up the bundle, and it really surprised me. Oh, there were a couple books I didn't like, but overall, I'm glad I got it. So who knows, you might be surprised. Unfortunately, I'm so far behind on my reading it will be a few months before I get around to reading this bundle (I'm still working on the "Fantastic Women of Fiction" bundle from early April, although I'm hoping to finish that one sometime this weekend at the latest).

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jbaby) I forgot about that bundle. I like to pretend that one never, ever happened. That was such a train wreck! I didn't even share it with my friends on Twitter. That's how bad I thought it was. Even when a bundle doesn't interest me I still share it with others.

message 10: by tivasyk (last edited Aug 29, 2013 12:15AM) (new)

tivasyk | 16 comments Jessica wrote: "I've learned you can't judge an entire genre based on one book. :)"

oh, but why not? =) provided that my judgements remain just that — my own subjective basis to filter out what i'd rather not spend my time for =/ it's not like i said there shouldn't be a literature like that or there shouldn't be bundles like that =)

Jessica wrote: "I forgot about that bundle. I like to pretend that one never, ever happened. That was such a train wreck!"

a-ha! =) i've bought it. i've read two books from the bundle, hoping to discover a new genre =) well, i wouldn't say it was a disaster, there are obviously people who liked it enough =/

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jbaby) Well what happens if you choose wrongly? You're really going to write off an entire genre just because luck wasn't on your side? To me this just goes hand in hand with not judging a book by its cover. I'm not the biggest fan of RomComs, but I don't judge the entire genre based on the craptastic Gigli. BTW, I'm not saying you think YA/PR shouldn't exist. :)

I don't think there weren't good books to be found in the train wreck bundle. I just don't like bundles that are all over the place. I think bundles should have a focus. A bundle that doesn't have a focus tends to get less money from me. And more often than not it won't get any money from me at all if I'm only interested in one or two books.

message 12: by tivasyk (new)

tivasyk | 16 comments jessica, i just love this "train wreck bundle" name ;-)

message 13: by tivasyk (new)

tivasyk | 16 comments the new fantasy mini bundle is out and looks interesting =)

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jbaby) Yes it does!!!! I've just bought it!

message 15: by tivasyk (new)

tivasyk | 16 comments Jessica wrote: "Yes it does!!!! I've just bought it!"
i did too, no idea when to read it though, i'm still at fred vargas' adamsberg series in french =)

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jbaby) I just finished T.M. Nielsen's Heku series. I think I'm going to start Undersea from the very first bundle.

message 17: by tivasyk (new)

tivasyk | 16 comments i gave "undersea" 3 of 5... although it's not half bad compared to other storybundle stuff... a bit too holywood'ish ;-)

message 18: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jbaby) I just finished Undersea and I completely agree with you. I also gave it 3 stars. It was a fun fluffy read IMO.