Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)
This topic is about Allegiant
Archive > Allegiant Buddy Read - November

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Kristie | 6035 comments Mod
This is the buddy read for Allegiant by Veronica Roth, which begins on November 20, 2013. Everyone is welcome to join! Please feel free to post comments before, during, or after reading the book. Please add page numbers and spoiler tags when appropriate. Happy reading!

Synopsis:

One choice will define you.

What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

Told from a riveting dual perspective, Allegiant, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the Divergent series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments I'm in :)

Annabel (kirbyland1986) I'm in

message 4: by Som (new) - rated it 1 star

Som me too (:

message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Very good!! Glad you're all joining. :)

message 6: by Lynn, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4120 comments Mod
I'm in!

message 7: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Oh good!

Brightness (brightnessreads) | 429 comments Me too!

message 9: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

::like::

message 10: by Savanes, Moderator (new) - added it

Savanes | 2044 comments Mod
I'm in!

message 11: by Rida (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rida Sajid | 195 comments nov 20? I am so in :) it would be a great break after mid exams

message 12: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Excellent! :)

Tiffany Heater | 13 comments I'm in!

message 14: by Deb (new) - rated it 4 stars

Deb Bartram | 115 comments So, I'm not exactly clear on what a buddy read is. Can someone explain that to me, please?

Also, I think I will have to read Allegiant as soon as it comes out in October, but I'll be happy to post comments later on! :)

message 15: by Jojo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jojo (jojosbooknook) | 717 comments I doubt I'll be able to wait until November to read it!! But I will definitely join in with the discussion once it starts!!

message 16: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Deb wrote: "So, I'm not exactly clear on what a buddy read is. Can someone explain that to me, please?

Also, I think I will have to read Allegiant as soon as it comes out in October, but I'll be happy to pos..."

A buddy read is just a book that we decide to read together and discuss. So everyone reads the book at their own pace and then joins the conversation in the buddy read thread.

Some people read ahead, just make sure to use spoiler tags, so other readers that read later (or slower) can join the conversation as they go. Usually, we add where we are in the book (page number, %, chapter...) so that everyone knows when they can read the spoiler.

message 17: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Joanne wrote: "I doubt I'll be able to wait until November to read it!! But I will definitely join in with the discussion once it starts!!"

I know! I pre-ordered the books, so it'll be hard for me to wait too. I wanted to give everyone a chance to get the book though. You can always read ahead. I'm slow enough that even if I start ahead, I'll probably end up finishing after everyone anyways. ;)

message 18: by Jojo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jojo (jojosbooknook) | 717 comments I've planned it to re-read the other two the weekend before the 22nd and then read this on the 22nd!! It seems like forever since I started the series!

message 19: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Oh that'll be fun! I can't read that quickly. I just want to have Insurgent done before Allegiant. lol

message 20: by Jojo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jojo (jojosbooknook) | 717 comments Books like this usually only take me a couple of hours so I'll be able to fit them in around my pre-race training that week. :)

message 21: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Show off. ;) lol

message 22: by Jojo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jojo (jojosbooknook) | 717 comments That's me!! ;)

message 23: by Deb (new) - rated it 4 stars

Deb Bartram | 115 comments Kristie wrote: "A buddy read is just a book that we decide to read together and discuss. So everyone reads the book at their own pace and then joins the conversation in the buddy read thread. ..."

Thanks so much Kristie!

message 24: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

You're welcome Deb.

message 25: by Jen (new) - rated it 1 star

Jen (giantrubberduckydoom) | 2 comments Im so in. I cant wait for this book to come out!!!

message 26: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Welcome to the read!

message 27: by LB (new) - added it

LB (lbandj) | 12 comments Can't wait!!!

message 28: by Tessa (new) - rated it 1 star

Tessa | 75 comments Yes! Yes! Can't wait! :)

Hilary Holmes | 7 comments Yes, I won't be able to wait either! I will be reading this book and finished with it within one day of it coming out!!! LOL! But I will hold off on comments until appropriate :)

Dayanna Álvarez (dalvarezi) Im in too, OMG , imfeel that the time is going more slowly than ever!

message 31: by Tessa (new) - rated it 1 star

Tessa | 75 comments How about we start on this one a little sooner?

message 32: by Anne (new) - added it

Anne | 16 comments Im in nearly finished insurgent now want to finish it to begin on the third book

message 33: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

You can start whenever you want, just use spoilers. I can't start until later. I still have to read Insurgent and I have to many other buddy reads planned to squeeze it in right now. I had originally planned it a little later for anyone that did not preorder and had to borrow the book. I'm sure there are plenty of people that will read it sooner and would like to discuss though.

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments I'm in 15%, I don't have much time to read now, but I will most probably read in the evening and at night, so I should be ready to talk tomorrow :), book hangover ahead.

For now (view spoiler)

Lorrie (lorrier) | 46 comments Count me in for the Buddy Read. I'll begin the book tonight. Wouldn't mind starting early. Ok, Rita & Anima?

Alycia (bookhound18) I'm 15% in to it too, Anima! I agree with everything you mentioned in your spoiler. ;)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments Lorrie, I'm in.

Alycia, ::like:: :)

Alycia (bookhound18) RitaSkeeter wrote: "I'm definitely in! :). Anyone who has started, I am curious how you are finding the [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments The book is staring at me... waiting for me to start reading it... Sorry everyone, I have no willpower.

message 40: by Ren (new)

Ren Alexander (ren_alexander) In!

message 41: by Deb (new) - rated it 4 stars

Deb Bartram | 115 comments It's here!

message 42: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

RitaSkeeter wrote: "Steer clear of reviews guys, there are a lot of unmarked spoilers out there."

Thank you for the heads up! I will avoid it.

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments RitaSkeeter wrote: "I'm definitely in! :). Anyone who has started, I am curious how you are finding the [spoilers removed]"

I second Alycia here, (view spoiler)

message 44: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan Elizabeth (susan_e_lizabeth) 5 chapters in!

Not sure if anyone will consider this a spoiler or not, so I'll just...(view spoiler)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments I finished, I would like to wait with my opinion until more people have finished. I wrote a review, but it is hidden due to spoiler alert.

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments RitaSkeeter wrote: "@Anima - (other people don't read unless finished because this includes inference to major spoiler) [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments RitaSkeeter wrote: "@Anima - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 48: by Anne (new) - added it

Anne | 16 comments Starting this book this weekend cant wait!!

Alycia (bookhound18) RitaSkeeter wrote: "@susan - that is what is in my spoiler up above also! I agree 100%. [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 50: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan Elizabeth (susan_e_lizabeth) @RitaSkeeter - I see it now! I didn't click because I had just started the book ha.

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Allegiant (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Veronica Roth (other topics)