Book Worms discussion

Book Movies

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (Hydrangia) | 19 comments Mod
Who thinks that books are better than the movies they make them into??? do you no any movies that are better than the book??? is anyone looking forward to seeing the twilight movie???

message 2: by Soumya (new)

Soumya I do, books are better then movies. Not one movie that was a book i saw, wasn't better then the book. In the movie they take alot of scenes out.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah,i agree, books are always better. sometimes the movie will be really good but its almost never better than movies

message 4: by Bree (new)

Bree (BreeJ6434) The only movie I've seen that is better than it's book is Practical Magic. You know we could proably film AWESOME movies our self!!!!

Other than that Books are better than movies!!

message 5: by Hazel (last edited Jul 22, 2008 08:04AM) (new)

plus, in the books they can explain everything to the littlest detail. like the smells and all that. in the movie they usually get rid of a lot of that stuff.

message 6: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) Ya thats what I hate about book-movies.

message 7: by Starlight (new)

Starlight | 15 comments hey, you guys ever read eragon? seen the movie?

if you have did you notice that they left out some parts of the book and added thier own things into the movie? I say the the book is better.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I would have to say that most books outshine the movies. But I would have to say that Peter Jackson did a good job in the Lord of the Rings Movie's. Keep close the books, still cut out a lot of important scenes from the books but at least keep the plot the same.

message 9: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) um, he totally changed it from the book. even some of the plot points.

message 10: by Hazel (new)

do u think that the twilight movie'll be better or worse. i think that the books were the best and the movie's gonna be a disappointment.

message 11: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) ya i really hope not. :(

message 12: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) Thats interesting, I wonder why they do that.

message 13: by Maria (new)

Maria (mriakhn) I always do like books better than movies. However, it is wise to read the book first. Because then when you watch the movie you an fill in a lot of parts kind of. Btw...think about Harry Potter books vs. Movies. If they were to put ALL of the details included in the book not only would filming take a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time but the movie would have like 5 intervals in between because of it's length! :) that's the main reason they cut a lot of stuff out. And some ppl that don't like to read don't mind that.