Bisky's Twitterling's Scribbles! discussion

Off Topic > Off Topic

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bisky (new)

Bisky Scribbles (bisky_scribbles) | 2536 comments Mod
So, how are you today? :3

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen (okiewashere) | 57 comments It is Thursday evening, office hours are over - I am fine. :)
How are you today?

message 3: by Bisky (new)

Good :3 Can't write because the budgies are disturbing me so I'm finding other less concentration needing things to do :D

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen (okiewashere) | 57 comments How many are there? As they seem to be a nuisance today...

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Barnes | 86 comments Not bad. Can't seem to concentrate on one thing either. Need to stop that otherwise won't get much done today. Any suggestions?

message 6: by Bisky (new)

Maybe find a scene you really like that you wrote and read it through or edit it, might get your flow going and make you feel positive :3

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Barnes | 86 comments Not a bad idea. :)I can switch manuscripts and do that. Might also help to look at something else. Thanks.

message 8: by Bisky (new)

Welcome :3

message 9: by J (new)

J | 301 comments Mod
I often hop around my story when I'm stuck, too. :3

message 10: by Bisky (new)

Chapters 6-13 always get edited first :/

message 11: by Robin (new)

Robin Morgan (robinleighmorgan) I'm still stuck on Chapter 13 - the wedding ceremony chapter. Undecided as I write each page which way I should go, what to or nor too include; especially since all [if not most] of us have experienced. Now religious or not to make it, as it is taking place outdoors. No input is needed or being requested as I need to do this chapter TOTALLY on my own,

message 12: by J (new)

J | 301 comments Mod
Maybe you can have events going on that typically don't occur at a wedding. You can be brief with the ceremonial stuff--unless you have 'deviant' action going on during the 'I do' scene or something. :3

Something that's abnormal from a typical wedding.

If you're stuck, maybe think of an event that will happen soon and go backwards in figuring out what leads to that event. :3

message 13: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 49 comments I have a little task my husband gave me and I need help! I love to read. My husband told me that he wished he had the same love for reading as I do. He then assigned me the job of finding him a book to 'break his cherry' (as he so eloquently put it) in reading. He has read books but never really had a book he loved. His interests are : aliens, art:sculpting, horror,and medical(we are both in medicine) . I have suggested Stephen King but he dislikes how detailed his works are. I suggested Dante's Inferno and while he seemed interested, he never read it. I think it was the complexity of the work, honestly. I suggested HP Lovecraft and Edgar Allen Poe and the works of Robert Browning. All that was to no avail. He is interested in Erick Von Dannikan (spelling ?) and Carl Sagan but I doubt he will read them.
Do any of you have any suggestions for books that he might like but would grab his short attention span so he may actually stay interested in the book? Help!

message 14: by Jack (new)

Jack Strandburg | 51 comments You might try Robin Cook (medical) or for a quick read (mystery) try anything by Robert P. Parker (Spenser novels) - they are the fastest reading books ever!

message 15: by Carl (new)

Carl John Grisham. Henning Mankell's Wallander books. Arthur C. Clarke. Ray Bradbury. William Least Heat Moon. David McCullough. Amy Tan.

message 16: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 1053 comments Mod
Try Dean Koontz maybe. His books are easier read than King. My son had the same problem your husband has. He couldn't understand my love for books until I handed him one of Koontz books. (I wish I'd remember which one. :( Anyway, his answer: WOW! Now I know why you love to read!

The three books I mention were good. Others, I don't know. It's been too long and well, I've read them in French too so...

Phantom: CLOSER…
They found the town silent, apparently abandoned. Then they found the first body strangely swollen and still warm. One hundred fifty were dead, 350 missing. But the terror had only begun in the tiny mountain town of Snowfield, California. AND CLOSER…
At first they thought it was the work of a maniac. Or terrorists. Or toxic contamination. Or a bizarre new disease. AND CLOSER…
But then they found the truth. And they saw it in the flesh. And it was worse than anything any of them had ever imagined…

Midnight: The citizens of Moonlight Cove are changing. Some are losing touch with their deepest emotions. Others are surrendering to their wildest urges. And the few who remain unchanged are absolutely terrified—if not brutally murdered in the dead of night. Enter the shocking world of Moonlight Cove, where four unlikely survivors confront the darkest realms of human nature...

Watchers: From a top secret government laboratory come two genetically altered life forms. One is a magnificent dog of astonishing intelligence. The other, a hybrid monster of a brutally violent nature. And both are on the loose…Bestselling author Dean Koontz presents his most terrifying, dramatic and moving novel: The explosive story of a man and a woman, caught in a relentless storm of mankind's darkest creation…

message 17: by Marilynn (new)

Marilynn Farmer (marilynnfarmer) | 6 comments Vanessa, has he ever read any Patricia Cornwell or maybe Michael Crichton? Otherwise I agree with the suggestions above: Dean Koontz (horror) or Robin Cook.

message 18: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 49 comments Thanks everyone! I will definitely try Koontz first and will let you all know how it goes.

message 19: by Bisky (new)

The watchers is my favourite book :]

message 20: by Claire (new)

Claire (cycraw) | 278 comments Bisky, hope I'm understanding this thread correctly - that it's for random discussion...
Anyway...
I wanted to know if anyone else has problems logging in to Goodreads? My computer keeps on warning me about phishing with this site. Half the time I get a security warning when I try to get on here. Anyone else?

message 21: by Bisky (new)

Yeah it is.

This site has a lot of problems. It's probably updated, maybe try on your phone?

message 22: by Carl (new)

Carl Mobile works ok. I'll tolerate a lot in order to hang with Bisky & Friends.

message 23: by Claire (new)

Claire (cycraw) | 278 comments Unfortunately both have problems for me. I have to reload seven or eight times before I get to the site. But yeah @Carl, to hang out here I go through a lot.

message 24: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Michelle | 450 comments Mod
Ahahaha Bisky and Friends that should be like our band name or something :p

message 25: by Bisky (new)

Bisky and the Scribblers?

message 26: by Nicole (new)

Oh...my...gawd :D it's so perfect!

message 27: by Carl (new)

Carl I can play bass.

message 28: by Bisky (new)

That's only half an instrument.

message 29: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 1053 comments Mod
I'm no drummer, but if you give me sticks, there's enough heads hear to create a melody. :>

message 30: by Nicole (new)

I have a violin, flute, piano, and drums. Where do you want me? Lol. GG you can take the drums :p

message 31: by E.S. (new)

E.S. Wesley (eswesley) | 22 comments If anyone needs a guitarist, keyboardist, harmonicist, or didgeridooist...I'm your man.

message 32: by Bisky (new)

Who doesn't like a good didgeridoo.

message 33: by Neil (new)

Neil Bursnoll | 109 comments I'll stand in the shadows and be a poor man's backup dancer. Best to not have me anywhere near the front, where I can be spotted...

message 34: by E.S. (new)

E.S. Wesley (eswesley) | 22 comments WEOOOOOOOWWWWWOOOOOOUUUUUWWWWWEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWOOOOOOOEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWW

Just tell me where to stand.

message 35: by Bisky (new)

Pretty sure you'll get in the spot light if we get you drunk enough Neil :p

message 36: by Nicole (new)

I see good things for our band :)

message 37: by Neil (new)

Neil Bursnoll | 109 comments Get me drunk enough and I'll no doubt snatch the mic. Prepare for nails down a chalkboard! Hahaha

message 38: by Bisky (new)

You can do anything with autotune, don't you worry. Ever heard Cheryl Cole live? Like smaking a cat with a baby.