Phillip if you got 'em, post em!

Photobucket

message 2: by Phillip (new)

Phillip if you don't have posters, feel free to drop an image:

Photobucket

message 3: by Phillip (new)

message 4: by Phillip (new)

message 5: by Phillip (new)

Phillip possible discussion topic: is burroughs sci-fi?

Photobucket

message 6: by Phillip (new)

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Super, Phillip! Some of my favorite artwork is book & pulp covers. These are great.

message 8: by Angie (last edited May 21, 2009 07:34AM) (new)

Angie These are wonderful! I love classic posters. I just attended the art exhibit at the Denver Art Museum of the classic psychedelic posters.

description

message 9: by Phillip (new)

Phillip fantastic! these are all great, but that clockwork orange and attack of the 50 foot woman really hit the spot!

nice!!!

message 10: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I actually have a framed print of that exact Clockwork Orange poster!!!! I know some people hate that movie and book, but I love it.

Flash Gordon, as cheezy as it was, is a movie I can start anywhere and always be entertained. Aaaa...the days of my youth.

message 11: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Charelton Heston movie Pictures, Images and Photos

One of my favorites.

message 12: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Charleton Heston movie Pictures, Images and Photos

Another favorite.

message 13: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I think I would kill a stranger for a signed one! Mine is discreetly in my bedroom, but I love it.

message 14: by Manuel (new)

Manuel | 144 comments Man!!
I used to work at a video store, I used to get hundreds of these a year.
Sad to say I threw most of them out.

message 15: by Angie (new)

Angie

message 16: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I can't see it Angie:*(

message 17: by Angie (new)

Angie hummm... can anyone else see it? I can see it.

message 18: by Manuel (new)

Manuel | 144 comments sorry Angie
I see nothing but white ....

message 19: by Kandice (new)

Kandice It didn't show up on my updates either. Glad it wasn't just me. (usually is)

message 20: by Phillip (new)

Phillip these are all awesome! i'm glad we're posting cool posters. i'll post some more in a few days. i'm going out of town for a bit. see you soon.

message 21: by Kandice (new)

Kandice [image error]

I know it's Star Trek, but still...

message 22: by Manuel (new)

Manuel | 144 comments its very timely Kandice.
Great choice

message 23: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Awww..I have it on DVD. It's a great one. The "monster" can look like anything so takes the shape of a beautiful old love interest, among other things, but when you see the "real" monster at the end...GROSS!!!

message 24: by Angie (new)

Angie Round 2 is this fantasy?

message 25: by Alex DeLarge (last edited May 23, 2009 11:34AM) (new)

Alex DeLarge | 342 comments Mod
Cool Rob, I have that exact card!

War of the Worlds

message 26: by Angie (new)

Angie Rob you must watch Krull!

message 27: by Angie (new)

Angie Yea it's old school! I think it was just re-released on DVD. I think it came out like around the time when Legend was big.

message 28: by Phillip (new)

Phillip The 80s.....old school?
Wow, I am officially a dinosaur....

Love the recent posts, especially the ones from kandice and rob.

message 29: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I am a dinosaur as well, because I remember loving Krull. I haven't seen it in ages, though.

Hey, the upside to being so old, is that with senility and all, if we watch it again, it will seem NEW!!!!

message 30: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Word, I'm watching fiilms over and over for the first time.

message 31: by Phillip (last edited May 25, 2009 12:29AM) (new)

Phillip It's a film by Teshigahara, one of my favorite Japanese directors.

It's the story of a wealthy industrialist who has a horrible accident that scars his face. He is able to buy someone's face that he will use as a model for a mask. Once he begins wearing the mask his personality begins to change. That's the set up. It has an awesome visual style and brilliant music by takemitsu, an outstanding 20th century composer..I really can't say enough good things about it. It's hard tonsay if it's horror or sci-film or...if you've seen the film Seconds with Rock Hudson, you have an inkling of the themes the film plays with, but Teshigahara's visual sense and the subtext of post-war reconstructionism sets this one in a category al it's own.

message 32: by Angie (new)

Angie I went to blockbusters yesterday and they are trying a cheaper thing. I have a gift card there so that is why I go there. Anyways... they now don't force you to pay for 6 days.. you can pay for three for $3, or 6 days for $6. Still doesn't beat redbox! I just want Redbox to get bluray movies!

message 33: by Phillip (new)

Phillip I do the netflix thing but I just do the one film at a time option wfich is just 9 bucks a month. I can only get like three rentals for that price at my loca lvideo store, so it's a bargain.

message 34: by Phillip (new)

Phillip What is Redbox? I've never heard of it.

message 35: by Kandice (new)

Kandice RedBox has only pretty recent movies, that's the big problem I find. The movies I hear about on GRs are older, so harder to find.

message 36: by Angie (new)

Angie I LOVE redbox... but you are right they really only have newer movies. What I love is that they are $1.00 a night. Plus you can go online and reserve your movie and THEN go pick it up. So from home you can see whether or not they have it. We have a redbox down the street so we will take the movie back the next day on the way to work if it is a work day.

message 37: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Where would they put a sign like that for the drive-in? Ours is just a huge marquee, no cool pictures.

message 38: by Phillip (new)

Phillip I've never seen a redbox. It's possible with all the independent video boutiques around here they have been restricted. The bay area does stuff like that. There are neighborhoods where merchants and the community have put moritoriums on vendors like McDonald's...they're trying to keep independent businesses from having to compete with those vendors.

message 39: by Angie (new)

Angie You could probably go to redbox's website to see if there is one that is near you.

message 40: by Phillip (new)

Phillip I don't really have use for one....

message 41: by Arthur (new)

Arthur | 8 comments Awesome, I saw both 'melting man' and 'squirm' at the drive-in as a child. They were my favorite movies. I only watched what I was allowed, and drive ends were allowed by my parents. I recently re saw Squirm on the television, only a few years ago.

message 42: by Angie (new)

Angie Seems you are the only one.

message 43: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) Rob, Classic stuff.

message 44: by Jesse (last edited Jun 01, 2009 05:16PM) (new)

Jesse (sunday)

(I know it isn't strict sci-fi but hopefully there's some wiggle room here)
[image error]

[image error]

(Had to re-size due to width. You'll definitely want to full view this one.)

[image error]

message 45: by Jim (last edited Jun 01, 2009 06:02PM) (new)

Jim (jim_)

The Future(PAST) Of Y2K Computer Consultants:

[image error]width="661" height="585">

message 46: by Phillip (new)

Phillip WOW! Great new posters. Thanks!

Rob, I saw the Boy Who cried werewolf when I was a kid but missed the a 7 Golden Vampires....darn.

Nice Lost in Space promo....

message 47: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I really love looking at these old posters, especially theones I have actually seen. It's crazy the way two posters for the same movie give off different vibes.

It IS making me feel a little old.

message 48: by Jesse (last edited Jun 02, 2009 09:47AM) (new)

Jesse (sunday) Rob wrote: "What's the movie with the picture of the guy with the birdcage on his head?"

That'd be a scene from "The Andromeda Strain" where, in order to sterilize themselves, the scientists wear those head contraptions and burn off the outer epidermal layers of the body.

message 49: by Phillip (new)

Phillip I wish we were neighbors Rob, I'd like to borrow Legend of the. 7 Golden Vampires.

message 50: by Angie (new)

Angie Aren't they making a remake of Tron?

« previous 1