Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Post-apocalyptic

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nattles (new)

Nattles | 7 comments Have recently read Skin & Flesh by Kylie Scott and would love some recommendations of post-apocalyptic books.

Also love the Obernewtyn series by Isobelle Carmody but would prefer if its a series that it doesn't take quite as long to be written (over 20 years and still waiting!!) ; )

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I enjoyed Skin. These two were recommended to me but I have not read them yet.

Mortality (The Hitchhiker Strain, #1) by Kellie Sheridan and Until the End (Quarantined, #1) by Tracey Ward

Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic (firefairyholic) | 41 comments Karen Marie Moning's Fever Series is really great.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I love dystopians, they are one of my new favorite genres.

There have been a ton of great ones over the past year.

I really enjoyed this one. In the After (In the After #1) by Demitria Lunetta

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
I'm assuming you've read the Kate Daniels books? Magic Bites is #1

Then there is a series of books set after some kind of terrorism act that includes a biological attack--that manages to wipe out 80% of the women that survive the first attack. Sleeping With the Wolf is the first book in that series. (Which also has a time travel element to it, as well as shape shifters.)

Married With Zombies is the first in a trilogy (well, I'm sure about a trilogy-there could be another one that I don't know about) about "life after the forthcoming Zombie Apocalypse."

message 6: by Grace (last edited Aug 28, 2013 02:08PM) (new)

Grace (Calcat) | 99 comments I recently read Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee which was excellent. It is YA but doesn't really read like one.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather | 243 comments Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) wrote: "I love dystopians, they are one of my new favorite genres.

There have been a ton of great ones over the past year.

I really enjoyed this one. In the After (In the After #1) by Demitria Lunetta"

I have this one requested at the library. It looks good.

message 8: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 219 comments The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins was a great post-apo and dystopian book. It's not for everybody though,some hated it. The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins

The Host by Stephenie Meyer was pretty good too, in my opinion. Better than twilight, definitely. The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Grace wrote: "I recently read Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee which was excellent. It is YA but doesn't really read like one."

I just read this one too, in anticipation of book 2 and it was excellent.

Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy)  | 137 comments Highly recommend Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee (first 5 chapters are available on the author's website if you can't get the sample from Amazon). Snippet of the second book was recently posted on Entertainment Weekly's website (really excited about it!).

Here's a thread of post-apocalyptic books with shifters/weres.
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 11: by Anne (new)

Anne Berkeley (aberkeley) I guess this is YA, but for any of you that don't know Elle, she has great humor in her books. Seriously, if you need a good laugh, you'll love this. It's post apocalyptic, though not paranormal, but has a kick a$$ heroine.
Kahayatle