Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > fast beta reader

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 23 comments Hello!

i am an avid reader, and i am hired thru numerous publishers for beta reading. I am willing to beta read almost any kinds of book. I ask no self help. you can email me on here or my email twiny_pa25@yahoo.com

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 78 comments Do you do erotica?

message 3: by Kira (new)

Kira Adams | 85 comments Are you offering free beta reading?

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 23 comments Yes and yes to both your questions

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 78 comments Okay sent you one of my books to beta read. Anything you can think of to help would be great.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 23 comments Ok! Will do and thank you

message 7: by Kira (new)

Kira Adams | 85 comments Sent, thanks :)

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 23 comments Got it thanks

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 23 comments I finished your book Kathryn and sent you an email. I loved the book!!! thank you so much for letting me read it!

message 10: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 78 comments Wow you are fast

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 23 comments Lol I know. Now that my son is in school I have a lot of free time and I get to read. I can read about 2 normal books in a day :)

message 12: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 78 comments Do you want more?

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 23 comments I will Gladly read more books

message 14: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 78 comments I'm on my phone so as soon as I get in I send you some shorts

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 23 comments Ok thanks!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

My novel is an NA romance and it's 145, 000 words. Would you be willing to do that?

message 17: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 23 comments Yes I would love to read your book

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Uhhh. THANK YOU!!!!!! :) I just sent it!!

message 19: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 23 comments Got it. I will start it tomorrow!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome. Thanks again. You are a miracle worker. :-)

message 21: by Seeley (new)

Seeley James (seeleyjames) Wow, you are brave! If you like thrillers, I'll send you mine; it's serialized and I'm working on Episode IV, 24,000 words (95 pages). I can send you the first three episodes as well (already published) or just the one.

Here's a link to the first three: http://seeleyjames.com/pia-sabel-books/

Peace, Seeley

message 22: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 23 comments i finished your book Kira i reviewed it and sent you an email. Thanks for letting me read your book

Seeley, i sent you a message

message 23: by Kira (new)

Kira Adams | 85 comments Thank you so much for the quick read and honest review. I'd love to get you a free paperback copy when it publishes so you can check out the cover...it will be awhile down the line, but thank you :)

message 24: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 23 comments you are very welcome!

message 25: by Marco (new)

Marco Strazzi (marcostrazzi) | 4 comments Hello, I sent you an email with details about my 100'000 words historical novel (WW2). Are you interested?

message 26: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 23 comments Sent you an email

message 27: by Diane (new)

Diane (dianelebow) | 9 comments Amy wrote: "Hello!

i am an avid reader, and i am hired thru numerous publishers for beta reading. I am willing to beta read almost any kinds of book. I ask no self help. you can email me on here or my email t..."

Hi Amy,

I have an erotic romance written by a man with a male POV (hetero) story of approx 57K. It's in final edits now but is good enough for a beta read. Would love to send it to you as a PDF.

Much thanks,
Diane

message 28: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 23 comments I finished your other 2 books Kathryn. Posted on here, blog, and amazon!

message 29: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalblueauthor) | 8 comments Wow, sounds like you are a reading fiend! May I send an advance reserve request? I am almost finished writing a novel of approximately 60,000 words with crime/mystery elements and also erotic elements. Not sure what to call it, but I am sure it requires extensive re-write. Should I tackle that myself, or get a second pair of eyes on it first?

message 30: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 78 comments Thanks Amy

message 31: by Kathy (last edited Sep 11, 2013 07:31AM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 37 comments Crystal wrote: "Wow, sounds like you are a reading fiend! May I send an advance reserve request? I am almost finished writing a novel of approximately 60,000 words with crime/mystery elements and also erotic eleme..."

Hi Crystal,
I wouldn't mind taking a look at your book. I am an author, editor and a betareader. I would suggest if you already feel like the book needs some rewriting that you do that and then share it for feedback. Those prompting are probably your Muse's way of letting you know it has more "stuff" for you to add to the book, first. You'll probably do countless updates anyway. Hope this helps. Kathy

message 32: by Fleur (new)

Fleur Camacho (fleurcamacho) | 5 comments HI Amy,
You seem to be a super fast reader!! I'm impressed.
I would love to have your feedback on a book it's YA or New Adult (not sure which) about a boy who travels through books. It has fantasy and romance. I would love to have your input. I'll send it to your email above.
Thanks so much for helping us out.

message 33: by MaryAnn (new)

MaryAnn Clarke (maclarkescott) | 7 comments I'm impressed with your speed Amy. I have a couple of mss- one is a contemporary romantic women's fiction about a family mediator, the other a new adult set in York. I took your email and will send samples so you can let me know if you want more.

message 34: by Oscar (new)

Oscar Cavazos Hi, Amy! Would you be willing to take a look at my book? It's a YA book about a teen who discovers he's the reincarnation of death. Word count is 67,000

message 35: by Bart (new)

Bart Cline (lordrocco) | 4 comments YA sci-fi about 32 children from around the world who are abducted by aliens and taken to another world wracked by interplanetary war for unknown purposes, where they have to adjust to a new life, learn to live with each other, and get to grips with their alien setting. Think Lord of the Flies in space.

Want to take a crack at it?

message 36: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Fantasi (SweetRed22) | 1 comments www.wattpad.com/story/28653366-dark-p...- Thanks a million in advance

message 37: by Lydhia (new)

Lydhia Marie (lydhiamarie) | 17 comments Hi, here's what my YA fantasy book is about. Tell me if you're interested :)
When Amya comes to in a hospital, she realizes that she is not only unable to wake up, but also that she has lost the memory of more than eleven months of her life. From information gathered during her friends’ and family’s visits, she gradually remembers the chain of events that landed her in a coma. Most importantly, she discovers for the second time her ability to Sojourn—to project her soul into people’s bodies—and the knowledge of the four Dimensions.
But when Amya finally finds a way to wake up, everything around her is falling apart. Her best friend Samera needs her help and urges her to work for the Protectors of Amani again; her boyfriend isn’t the guy she remembers falling in love with; and her friend Xander is the victim of a Rascal’s bite. A Rascal is a supernatural being who has the appearance of a human and who must feed on humanity to survive. Certain that Xander is about to transform into one of those creatures, Amya faces an impossible dilemma. If she attempts to save him, she will put her best friend’s family in danger. However, refusing to rescue Xander would mean accepting his imminent death. As she risks her life and integrity to defend another’s, Amya rediscovers the world she lives in as well as its society’s flaws.

Sincerely,

Lydhia

message 38: by Oyebanjo (new)

Oyebanjo Damilola (oyebanjodamilola) | 10 comments Hi Amy, I can see you already have lots of request. I want to send you the first draft of my completed manuscript and you can get back me when ever you are can read it. What do you think, should I send it?

message 39: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Hair | 18 comments Hi Amy,
I have a short story I would like feedback on. Let me know your availability. Thanks in advance.

Tiffany Q.

message 40: by Sunayna (new)

Sunayna Prasad | 22 comments How do you beta read, Amy? Do you do page by page editing or an evaluation of the manuscript's elements (plot, conflict, characterization, etc)?

message 41: by Heena (new)

Heena Jadavsunil | 8 comments Hello Amy, was wondering if u are accepting scripts to beta read. I'm looking for plot inconsistencies. Please let me know if u can help. Thanks a ton for everything u r doing to help the authors!!

message 42: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Carter-nixon | 10 comments I'm working on a three part series. The series is about a woman that meets a man at a fundraiser in Washington, DC. Falls in love with him even though her Father is overly protective and forbids her from seeing him after earlier giving her the go ahead. She secretly keeps in contact with the man and their bond grows but he has secrets.

The first part of the series is around 48,000 words. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send it to you. I'm working on the second part right now.

message 43: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Danielle (zoedaniellexx) | 32 comments Hi

I am looking for a BETA to read through my unfinished NA book so far.
It is currently at 34,200 words but I still have so far to go. I reckon that it will end up at 80-90k once completed.

Below is a little peak in to the book, please let me know if you would be interested -

Friday 14th Jan 2011
I remember that day like it was only yesterday - it was the worst day of my life, and hours later turned into the best day of my life.

At the age of twenty-four, Casey Phoenix is one of the highest ranking woman on The Sunday Times Rich List. She thought she had it all figured out until she met 31 year old American, Matthew Jackson.

Matthew Jackson has been set for life since the age of 21 when he and his brother James set up their business enterprise, Jackson Industries. Living his millionaire lifestyle with fast cars and fast women. But when he meets Casey he decides it's time for him to settle down. However, she has her reservations.

Life isn't as perfect as it seems for the both of them. Casey has got a stalker who will try to anything they can to get to her and it gradually starts to grind her down, usually level headed she begins to fear for her life.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

If you enjoy a good laugh I have a 170k word humor memoir for you. Let me know the format you prefer if you are interested in reading.

message 45: by Polly (new)

Polly Zetterberg | 75 comments I am interested in reading your Ms.
Please see my website for further information on my training and rates.
http://zetterbergediting.com
I look forward to hearing from you,
Polly

message 46: by Trevor (new)

Trevor Morris | 67 comments Hi there, I have an 88k completed fantasy novel that may well be your cup of tea. Tempted?
T

message 47: by Polly (new)

Polly Zetterberg | 75 comments Hi- Sorry, I do not enjoy or beta read in fantasy genre. Best wishes with your manuscript.
Polly

message 48: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Connor Hi Amy, I am looking for one more beta reader to read my sci-fi/Fantasy book. So far I only have a prologue and nearly five chapters done but I was wondering if you would just look at the first couple chapters. I would like to know how my work is going since I am only a teenager.
Here's my synopsis:
Gianna Rogers has lived her entire life not knowing who she is or where she came from. All she knows is that she needs to get away fast, or the world she’s known will get worse. The only life she’s known is to be the lab rat in experiments, but she’s ready to run away and make her own life.
Brandon has lived his entire life trying to get over the trauma of his parents dying and his sister getting kidnapped. He always feels like what he does isn't good enough. So he's ready to try out a job that he thinks he'll finally be good at.
The two meet up and discover that their decisions may affect the fate of the world.

Are you interested?

message 49: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 13 comments Hi I'm new here just starting the first draft of my first book. This is a crime book, two Detectives from Brooklyn searching for a serial killer murdering on New York's subway with no evidence and nothing linking the victims.

I was wondering if you'd be interested in helping me. Thanks!

message 50: by Polly (new)

Polly Zetterberg | 75 comments Hi Lisa-
I would be delighted.

What kind of help are you looking for? Developmental editing? copy editing?

Visit my website to see more about my training (www.zetterbergediting.com)

Best,
Polly

« previous 1