Erebos discussion

Claim an Original Character

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 27, 2013 09:00AM) (new)

High schoolers
Nick – Your average Dark Elf, er, teenage boy, who treats his friends like crap because of a stupid video game

Emily – the DeviantArtist Nick’s crushing on – but she is smart and it’s more of a “fight the game from inside the game”

Jamie – morally opposed to the game, and the game targets him

Brynne – wanna-be who gives Nick the game because she’s crushing on him.

Victor – a pro-gamer who figures out what’s up with Erebos with a little help from the kids. Although he’s freely hanging around with teenagers, which is a little sketchy.

Inside Erebos
The Messenger with the yellow eyes - Head of the land excluding the shadow lands. He gives you missions and is one of the most important people in the game.

The Dark Lord- Head of the shadow lands

*Means they are taken
They must be made before put up as taken.

message 2: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments Victor please. He looks cool. And I even like the name, which is unusual in pre-made/important charries.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

sure and sure

message 4: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments WHOOP!

message 5: by Samuel (new)

Samuel | 3 comments Can I be the Dark Lord? MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

sure

message 7: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments Sigma wrote: "Can I be the Dark Lord? MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH"

You missed the 'W'.
It's "Mwhuhahah..."

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

haha

message 9: by ƬHΣ ΜƱЅΣ (new)

ƬHΣ ΜƱЅΣ Could i request Emily?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

sure thing. make her first though.

message 11: by ƬHΣ ΜƱЅΣ (new)

ƬHΣ ΜƱЅΣ Okay sure. I just need some information first. What do you mean by, “fight the game from inside the game?" and anyway specifications? Also does her name have to be Emily?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes it has to be Emily Carver. That's her name. And basically she's a normal 'real' highschool girl. She fights the game 'Erebos' by joining it and creating her own character, which will rebel against the actual game. Erebos is so addictive it makes people think things are real when they're not and stuff. It also sends members on quests, dangerous ones, but outside of the game, so in real life, which could get the gamers killed.

message 13: by ƬHΣ ΜƱЅΣ (new)

ƬHΣ ΜƱЅΣ Kk thanks.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

no prob

message 15: by ƬHΣ ΜƱЅΣ (last edited Aug 31, 2013 06:13AM) (new)

ƬHΣ ΜƱЅΣ Any specifications on appearance? and what character she makes on the game?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

nope and her InGame character name is an human Bard called hemera.

message 17: by ƬHΣ ΜƱЅΣ (new)

ƬHΣ ΜƱЅΣ Human Bard?

message 18: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments Does Victor have a specific in-game?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes he does, Squarnato

message 20: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments Squarnato the... Or am I free to choose that?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

free to chose

message 22: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments Awesome!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

:D

message 24: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments Are you at any point going to proffer information vis a vis classes etc?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

probably not, because the teachers dont know anything, but I'll make an information thread.

message 26: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments I mean classes like 'Bard' or 'Fighter' or 'Paladin' or 'Warlock'.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh that. no. they dont have classes. but there are fighting arenas, which I still have to set up.

message 28: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments Sarah wrote: "nope and her InGame character name is an human Bard called hemera."

But you already said about Bards.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Wait by Classes do you mean ranks or like school classes?

message 30: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments I just said classes. As in what class means in every DnD based roleplaying game ever and many more besides uses the term for. You have a species. (Human etc) Then a class (Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Fighter, Paladin, Rogue, Warlock, Sorcerer, Wizard, etc). Occasionally, as you level up in these games, you may be able to take an additional class, or a prestige class. Class = Occupation.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha I totally kew that. *no i didnt*

Acutally you generally stay the same class as you move up a level. However, in the fighting arenas, you can compete against others and place a price you will have to pay if you lose or vice versa. An example would be to Offer two levels and thirty gold coins. So if you're a Five when you start fighting, and you win the game, you'd come out thirty gold coins richer and two levels higher, meaning a seven. And they'd come out as two levels lower and 30 coins poorer.
And you can also offer up your 'occupation' as a bard, for example, or you can offer your powers. And you can have two occupations at once.

message 32: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments I don't specifically mean in this, but in games such as Baldur's gate, multi-classing is highly beneficial, and prestige classes can only be obtained after certain requirements are met.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh ok. I don't actually know a lot about video games, so excuse me if I dont know a lot. I kinda just made this group coz I love the book. Oh and yeah, I Erebos the so called 'messenger' gives you specific awards and levels depending on what you've done.

message 34: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments OK. I was just citing some of the most traditional roleplaying resources I know of, trying to get my point across. Dungeons and Dragons is really worth trying if you haven't.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha ok. And didn't they make a movie out of Dungeons and Dragons?

message 36: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments I dunno. They made various games out of it. But it wouldn't surprise me...

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I seem to recall seeing it on megashare... oh well.

message 38: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments Yeah..............

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

soooooo.... *is bored*

message 40: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 30 comments Yeah.. I is bored to.

message 41: by sᴀʀᴀʜ (new)

sᴀʀᴀʜ :D