Camp Half-Blood discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives 2015 > House of Hades Cover

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 27, 2013 03:32AM) (new)

I think it's time we fully analyzed this cover...

What I'm wondering is:
*What are they wearing?
*What is the white at their feet?
*Who are the creatures following them?

message 2: by Holt (new)

Holt (tnkphk) Oh my god this is the cover!!! I HAVENT EVEN GOTTEN THE BOOK YET!!!

Jamison Dingler My friend Abbie say's that the boy on the cover is Nico instead of Percy because Percy had to close the doors.

message 4: by CJ (new)

CJ | 7364 comments I'm wondering whether the white stuff is part of some curse or something that sort of floats around near them...? Or they could be some of the lost souls of the underworld?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Are we sure that's Percy on the cover? I heard somewhere that people were thinking it was Nico.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

And the hair almost doesn't look blonde enough to be Annabeth, but I'm pretty sure it is.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it's just dirty, but who knows?

Jamison Dingler The thing is who else could it be? I haven't got to read the Hero's of Olympus series but before you attack me with comments please listen. I haven't read it yet because I want to buy them ok? Now don't get me wrong it looks really good and I know about all the characters so this isn't a spoiler. I have a friend that ruins every book for me so that's that.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Argh, I hate friends that do that! My friend ruined the end of MoA for me!

message 10: by Jamison Dingler (new)

Jamison Dingler I also have a reason that is Nico on the front. That sword on the front is NOT Ripetide because that is not a golden tint. It has a iron glow.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

But Nico's sword is black isn't it?

message 12: by Jamison Dingler (last edited Sep 05, 2013 08:36PM) (new)

Jamison Dingler I don't really know. Who else has black hair other than Leo? Wait is it Leo or Frank that could be on the cover!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Frank is bigger than that... and why would Leo... oh it's all just so confusing!

message 14: by Jamison Dingler (new)

Jamison Dingler I have no idea I didn't think it was him. Wait ! Leo has curly hair. I think it is Nico because he doesn't have to use his sword but Percy always does because his is always in his pocket.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe...

message 16: by CJ (new)

CJ | 7364 comments That's why I am always the one who reads the books first, so then I can bug them about reading them, rather than vis-versa. I know I just spelled that wrong... Anyway, I am going to stick with the idea that the guy on the cover is Percy, because cover artists usually don't really pay attention to such trivial things as the color of one's sword (although they should), and I don't think Nico has that green glint in his eyes... (look really closely)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

What if that white stuff is water?
Is water in Tartarus? Maybe! There's liquid in lava and dirt, and deep under rocks there's often water.
This gives me hope!
Oh, and I'm sure the boy on the cover is Percy. Nico does have a black sword. Cover artists often don't notice things like the colour of swords, and like CJ says the boy has a green glint in his eyes.
I bet the door in the distance is the doors of death!
I think Arachne's skin or the skin of some other monster is what they're wearing. Maybe Arachne's skin shed in Tartarus and they put it on...or perhaps it's a monster proof monster skin?
I have a theory that Calypso wandered accidentally into Tartarus and she can close the doors from the inside, but as she's a goddess (Titaness, whatever) she can't die!

message 18: by CJ (new)

CJ | 7364 comments Hmm... I think that their clothes are just ragged from time in Tartarus, myself...

message 19: by Sam/Applejack♆, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

Sam/Applejack♆ | 6910 comments Mod
I agree with CJ...

message 20: by Margie , Inactive Original Moderator (new)

Margie   (claussmargie) | 1376 comments Mod
I think it either could be Nico, but that wouldn't make sense because it seems Annabeth is the girl and they are heading towards the gate, so the white stuff might be water of Percy's conjuring

message 21: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Hey, I'm new here, I think the cover is cool.

message 22: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) Allright so... After reading the book: cover time!

(view spoiler)

message 23: by ѕolanιne (new)

ѕolanιne | 9090 comments I think it's Percabeth in Tartarus and they're going to the doors of death

message 24: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 77 comments Percy is helping Annabeth who has a broken ankle from her time seeking out Arachne. They are in Tartarus. The white is the River Cocytus as they try to pull form the hopelessness that it inflicts upon them or it is the Death Mist which explains their clothes. when clocked int eh Death Mist they appear as spirits themselves ragged and faded from the light of the living world. The flying creatures are the Arai (curses).
In the back it at first appears as a bridge upon first glance, but it is in fact the Doors of Thanatos/Death chained in one place as they normally move from palce to place to ensure that the souls of the dead and monsters cannot return so easily. With the doors open and chained in one place it is easier for the spirits and the monsters to find after falling to Tartarus and able to get back to the living world. The fire lava is in fact the River Phlegethon which acts as one of the key bloodstreams flowing through the body of Tartarus.

message 25: by ѕolanιne (new)

ѕolanιne | 9090 comments Wow u hit it home

message 26: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 77 comments lol thanks

message 27: by ѕolanιne (new)

ѕolanιne | 9090 comments Np

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.