Literally Geeky discussion

Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Storm Front, Volume 1: The Gathering Storm
This topic is about Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files
Storm Front > Storm Front Discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ez, The God of Catan (new)

Ez (thevapidwench) | 287 comments Mod
Storm Front is Kane's pick, the first of the Dresden Files, and a much recommended.

Penny for your thoughts?

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth | 41 comments It's on my 'to read' list now, but 2 thoughts from reading the Goodreads summary.

It reminded me that I haven't re-read Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency in recent years.

I wonder how the urban fantasy will compare to works by the master, Charles de Lint. The last urban fantasy I read was City of Bones (Mortal Instruments #1) and it was a mess.

message 3: by Ez, The God of Catan (last edited Aug 27, 2013 05:46AM) (new)

Oh man, I love Dirk Gently - I've never been a fan of 'Hitchhikers', but Dirk, completely different story.

message 4: by Lara (new)

Lara E Brown (larasaurus) I've heard a LOT about this series. It'll be interesting to see if it's as good as everyone says!

message 5: by Teresa (new) - added it

Teresa (teresatronic) | 6 comments I love this series! Been saving the latest book as I hate not having any Harry Dresden to look forward to... :)

message 6: by Jonathon (new)

Jonathon Dez-la-lour (jd2607) I picked up the audio book of this, narrated by James Marsters. It's still quite odd hearing him without his Spike accent. Really enjoying this so far though

message 7: by Ez, The God of Catan (last edited Sep 23, 2013 01:45PM) (new)

Just a reminder that the hangout is next Monday. Does anyone have any talking points or questions they'd like addressed?