Kenyons Minions discussion

Books in order.

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. Hi I'm new to Sherrilyn Kenyon and I can't wait to start reading her books after reading how popular they are, I'm one of those people that like to read books in order and I have just purchased "Fantasy Lover" to read but I'm a little confused about which book to read second.
On the Fantastic Fiction site it says that Sins of the Night is the second book in the series but then it also has that it is the 13th in the series, the same book, very confusing, and on her site she has Dragon Swan as the second.
Also there are a lot of in between books (anthology's) like Midnight Pleasures, Stroke of Midnight, My big fat Supernatural Wedding, Love at First Bite & Dead after Dark, is it necessary to read these ones? I'm not really interested in the other stories in these books and I hate buying books that I'm only going to read a little bit of them, but on the other hand if they are part of the series and are important to read for the story line I will.
Thanks for any help.

message 2: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca My vote is to go by the order Sherrilyn Kenyon lists on her site: http://www.dailyinquisitor.com/hunter...

The second full length novel is "Night Pleasures".

"Dragonswan" is the second work, but it's a short. It was originally available as a stand alone novella, or you can get a free copy at the end of "Sins of the Night".

The shorts are decent, but I don't think any of them are essential to the overall story arc. But the main novels really should be read in order. Characters like Acheron and Nick are developed from one book to the next.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) I didn't read the shorts either, well not most of them, anyway. I find the dailyinquisitor site a nightmare to navigate, so I'm going to recommend the new sanctuary site as an easy reference for the reading order (and because it only lists the full titles).

Official Sanctuary

message 4: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. Thanks for your help Rebecca & DarkHeart, I'm glad to hear that you get a free copy of Dragonswan at the end of Sins of the Night, I read the first chapter on the Sherrilyn Kenyon site and really liked it.

I loved the Sanctuary site it was very helpful, I got to download "Winter Born" out of the Stroke of Midnight anthology and also "Fear of Darkness" for free.

One more question though, I have all the book in the right reading order now up to Bad Moon Rising but I noticed that some of them are the Dark Hunter series and 4 of them are the Dream Hunter series, is the Dream Hunter series a totally different series or is it still linked in with the Dark Hunter series and should be read in order with Dark Hunter (I hope that made sense, lol)

message 5: by Ilse (new)

Ilse Snell | 112 comments Hi Guys, the official sanctuary site is great yes...
And you do have a great appreciation for the story if you read it in order.

message 6: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca Karen wrote: "noticed that some of them are the Dark Hunter series and 4 of them are the Dream Hunter series, is the Dream Hunter series a totally different series or is it still linked in with the Dark Hunter series and should be read in order with Dark Hunter"

The Dream Hunter books are part of the Dark Hunter series. I'm not sure why they were separated off like that. Maybe a publisher decision.

I'd read them in the order they were published, interleaved in with the main Dark Hunter series.

message 7: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. Thanks so much mlady_rebecca, now I know what I'm doing, LOL.

I just read an Excerpt this morning for the new book coming out "Bad Moon Rising" Wow, it sounds like such a great read, I'm really excited to get started with this series.

Thank you everyone for your help. :-)

message 8: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca Glad to help. It's a great series. Sherry does an amazing job with world-building and has some really great characters.

message 9: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) When I read the excerpt, I was so completely confused for a minute until I realized that it's an early look at the Katalakis pack. I had quite a "duh" moment. Can't wait to see how she fills in the gaps in Fang's story!

message 10: by Denell (new)

Denell | 14 comments Oeeee where is this excerpt! I'd love to read it!

message 12: by Denell (new)

Denell | 14 comments Thanks DarkHeart, you can guess what i'm going to be doing on company time this morning!

mwhahaha mwhahahah

message 13: by Adrienne (last edited May 21, 2009 10:47PM) (new)

Adrienne hi::my first DH book was acheron::i was advised by someone on a website (not GRs) that it could be read as a stand alone::after that i made a point of reading the rest of the series in order apart form Fantasy Lover (and Wrens Book) which i couldn't get copies of at the time (pre daring to use amazon days ha ha)i read them interspersed with another book::some people don't rate the DW books::i love them::but::in my mind read them as an off shoot of the DHs::still in the reading tho'::i'm glad i read Ashs story first b/c i wouldn't have read the others::his was a library borrow and my branch has no other DH books so i wouldn't have gone out of my way to find them::i'm now on Dream Warrior so will have a long wait for the next book::in the meantime i;m to read her Sword of Darkness (Lods of Avalon series) and of course Fantasy Lover and wrens book::

message 14: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 2 comments Adrienne wrote:his was a library borrow and my branch has no other DH books so i wouldn't have gone out of my way to find them:: "

most of ur local libraries can have the books sent from another library in their network if u dont have easy access to them

message 15: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Oh, what a fright my bank account would be without inter-library loan...

message 16: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 2 comments Michelle M. wrote: "Oh, what a fright my bank account would be without inter-library loan..."

mine as well but i try to buy as many as i can so i have them to read any time i want

message 17: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Jenn::our libraries are ok with books within the county:: i remembered that they can check the National library cat.::and have done so in the past::but this service seems to have gone/is not been offered unless requested/or maybe when i do my on-line self reservation i'm missing something out::Until you mentioned it i'd forgotten about he national search::anyway i have reservations to do to-day so i'll check out the Nat. cat.::

message 18: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Jenn wrote: "Michelle M. wrote: "Oh, what a fright my bank account would be without inter-library loan..."

mine as well but i try to buy as many as i can so i have them to read any time i want "

if i know i'll love::love::love as series i do buy:and sometimes i have to make speclative purchases::but if i can borrow the first or second book in a series i tend to::i found out i didn't like Christine Feehans Carpathian series this way::