Casual Readers discussion

NO SPOILERS: What We've Read > {NO SPOILERS} The Bone Season Trilogy

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Ordered my hard copy of TBS (because as much as I love the highlight feature on my kindle its just not my favorite when wanting to keep notes for discussions) and preordered Fangirl. Very excited to get started in this group! Anyone else have their copies yet or already started?

message 2: by Jolene (new)

Jolene (jolene_wsm) | 19 comments I am still looking around. English books are hard to come by here in Germany and I still like the old fashion.. page flipping and the smell of books. Still can't get use to using my ipad to read. >__<

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jjallday) I have my copy! I'll be using my e-reader.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Jolene wrote: "I am still looking around. English books are hard to come by here in Germany and I still like the old fashion.. page flipping and the smell of books. Still can't get use to using my ipad to read. >__<"

I ordered mine from Amazon, do you have that option?

message 5: by Jolene (new)

Jolene (jolene_wsm) | 19 comments Yea I do. Deciding between books depository or amazon

message 6: by Amber, The Founder (new)

Amber (puresurplus) | 830 comments Mod
Need something to listen to while you read? Here's the official playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=...

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jjallday) Amber wrote: "Need something to listen to while you read? Here's the official playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=..."

That's excellent - based on that, I'm even more excited to read it.

message 8: by Jolene (new)

Jolene (jolene_wsm) | 19 comments I have secured my book. Thank you internet for online shopping!!!

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Mine is waiting for my at my complexes office! I have a feeling I will be getting a good start this weekend.

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa *Update* I braved the 115 degree heat (that's what my car said which means it's probably only 105 degrees), and went and got my copy. It's been so long since I have bought a new *hardback* book and it smells SO good. Ready to get cozy with it. =^.^=

message 11: by Amber, The Founder (new)

Already have mine downloaded but trying to finish my other reads before I dive in. Can't wait! I ♥ my ereader, but I completely agree: BOOKS SMELL WONDERFUL.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Pugh (saywithlove) | 5 comments My book hasn't arrived yet even though I ordered it a while back. Grr.

message 13: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (lepetitegeneral) I just picked it up yesterday. Planning to start on it once I finish up the other books I'm reading.

message 14: by Amber, The Founder (new)

I am now almost done with it. Can't put it down!

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Pugh (saywithlove) | 5 comments I got mine today! Diving in! ;)

message 16: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennydecki) | 9 comments I just got the email from the library! I will pick the book up tonight and get to reading in tomorrow morning.

message 17: by Sam (new)

Sam (sammy_witch) All done! I had a problem putting this book down.

message 18: by Amber, The Founder (new)

I'm done, too! Thinking I may even re-read it before the end of the month.

message 19: by Jolene (new)

Jolene (jolene_wsm) | 19 comments I am still reading it... wow this is so hard to put down!

message 20: by Lila, The Cat Lady (new)

Lila Lockhart (lilalockhart) | 178 comments Mod
I haven't had a chance to pick up a copy yet, but gosh I'm excited to dive in to this once I do.

message 21: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennydecki) | 9 comments I am thrilled this is going to be a series.

message 22: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennydecki) | 9 comments Oh, and just in case this might help anyone who might be like me...there is a glossary in the back of the book!! I wish I had known at the beginning. LOL

message 23: by Amber, The Founder (new)

I know! I wish I would've known about it from the very beginning. Great tip for those of you struggling through it.

message 24: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Glad I'm only about 100 pages in so I can take advantage of that! I keep going back and referencing the maps at the beginning and going wait, where? What?

message 25: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (lepetitegeneral) I was about to come complain about being all messed up from terms and stuff. I will have to refer to the glossary now so I can try to not be as annoyed by it.

I'm intrigued at least from the beginning it seems really interesting and fast paced. Loving the writing style as well.

message 26: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn I've heard all the hype about this book, "The new J.K. Rowling" they have been saying. I am excited to read this one. Another to add to my list of many!

message 27: by Amber, The Founder (new)

I'm always suspicious of hype in general, but this one in particular was well worth the read. I'm ready for the sequel!

message 28: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn I feel sorry for the author. You often see this with movies when they build them up and the reviews become a lot harsher than they probably should be.

message 29: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (lepetitegeneral) Okay I just hit the interesting part! I'm kind of more hooked on the book now. We have left the sundail area in general and now moved onto other location.

Are we going to have a spoiler section for discussing the book?

message 30: by Amber, The Founder (last edited Sep 17, 2013 09:40PM) (new)

Spoiler discussion begins on Wednesday, September 25th NOW!

message 31: by Amber, The Founder (last edited Sep 19, 2013 12:32AM) (new)

DON'T FORGET: Today is the only day that Samantha Shannon will be answering your questions!

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 32: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (lepetitegeneral) Amber wrote: "Spoiler discussion begins on Wednesday, September 25th NOW!"

Thanks ^_^ I'm almost done with the book! I will be in there to chat tonight! I think I really like this book after not feeling much for it earlier on.

message 33: by Cherish (new)

Cherish (lady_cherish) | 45 comments Gah! I am so far behind!!! Alas ...

message 34: by Lila, The Cat Lady (new)

No need to worry, Cher. We are a group for casual readers after all. Feel free to go at your own pace and join in the discussion when you're done. :)

message 35: by Cherish (new)

Cherish (lady_cherish) | 45 comments Lila wrote: "No need to worry, Cher. We are a group for casual readers after all. Feel free to go at your own pace and join in the discussion when you're done. :)"

Yes, that was my thought, as well. This just goes to show I haven't the time for reading that I once did, which is a touch sad ;)

message 37: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Beck Kalnasy (kaylabeck) | 33 comments *flails*

message 38: by Amber, The Founder (new)

I knew that The Imaginarium has had rights since pre-release. Really excited to see how they move forward!

message 39: by Sam (new)

Sam (sammy_witch) Melissa wrote: "You guys! http://www.slashfilm.com/fox-picks-up..."

Andy Serkis producing! That is super interesting.

message 40: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Beck Kalnasy (kaylabeck) | 33 comments The Bone Season is up for some awards in the Goodreads Choice Awards, but it definitely needs to be written in as "best debut"!

https://www.goodreads.com/choiceaward...

message 41: by Amber, The Founder (last edited Jul 27, 2014 07:52AM) (new)

The Mime Order (The Bone Season, #2) by Samantha Shannon comes out in October!

message 42: by Amber, The Founder (new)

I've already read the sampler, and... WOW! I can't express how much I'm looking forward to this.

message 43: by Lila, The Cat Lady (last edited Oct 04, 2014 10:34PM) (new)

It seems like the release date for The Mime Order has been set back to January. If that's the case, we may need to look at another option for November?

message 44: by Amber, The Founder (new)

Crap. I'll check and do a switch-a-roo. Thanks!

message 45: by Amber, The Founder (new)

I think I've got it settled now. We will now be reading Poison Fruit in November!

message 46: by Amber, The Founder (new)

Re-read starting soon for The Bone Season.

Details: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...