The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) The Mark of Athena discussion

Who do you think is going to die in The House of Hades?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Mimi The Mark of Athena

I don't know, but I feel like it's gonna be Frank, with his stick and all. What do you think?

Aysha Yeah, maybe it's Frank. But I think someone is going to die in the last book.

Mimi ♪♬Farheen♪♬ wrote: "Yeah, maybe it's Frank. But I think someone is going to die in the last book."

Yeah, I think you're right. Who do you think most likely would die?

Sarah Everyone says that Nico's going to die BUT I DON'T WANT HIM TO! I guess it could be Frank, seeing as he's inches from death and all (literally).

FanficofBooks I think it might be Frank and Nico.

Dafne Vargas Well I think Leo might die, even though I don't want to :c

Astoria As long as is not Nico, I will rest in peace. Maybe Hazel will die again.

It could be symbolic, Jason and Piper's relationship could be the one to die.

Kathy ♡ I think it's Frank because of his stick thingy..but I don't want him dead :(

J.C. I think that Hazel will die because someone has to close the doors of death and she is the only one who really doesn't belong in this world. It she stayed behind to close them it would just be like Nico never came to save her in the first place.

And no I don't think Nico is going to die. He's been such a big part of the series and I just don't think we've seen the last of him.

Reyhaneh I don't think Nico would die. He is a very interesting character and I think Rick Riordan can do a lot with him plus I love his character and I don't want him to die.

I think it might be Leo because he is the forever seventh wheel which is sad because Leo is my favorite new character and I would cry if he died but there is a big possibility and he is always saving other people so he would seem very likely to sacrifice himself and he also thinks no one would really miss him if he is gone which is sad because he doesn't see how important he is.

Frank might also die because of the wood but I wouldn't want him too but I'd rather Frank die than Leo and Nico.

message 11: by Lani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lani I think that it will either be Nico or Hazel and Frank. But if its Nico I will die, because he is my favorite character.

james seago Either Leo will become more involved during the book or he will be cut most likely he will die unless he is a big part throughout the book

message 13: by mels (new) - rated it 5 stars

mels NOT LEO! He is the best ever... sob... he has already been through so much this series, and... if he dies...

Kathryne Kole I LOVELOVELOVE Leo, but a have a sinking feeling that he's not going to survive Uncle Rick's big character killing rampage :,( NOT NICO!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 15: by Mimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mimi I had this argument with my friend and we both agreed either Leo or Frank. If Leo dies...I don't even know what I would do. Leo, being the seventh wheel, I think makes him a big part in the series. Leo may or may not accidentally light Frank's stick, or they'll be in a fire or something and the stick will get caught on fire. I'm also thinking that they'll need to melt something with the stick and Frank's stick will be really small or even gone. I like Frank, but I like Leo and Nico more.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think Rick would kill off any of the seven; they're main characters.

message 17: by Audrey (new) - added it

Audrey I think Nico might die. He promised to get the rest of the seven to the House of Hades, and the prophecy says "An oath to keep with a final breath." I also think Hazel and Frank might die because Frank's life is supposed to end with him watching his stick burn, and Hazel keeps mentioning getting everyone past a challenge and that that might be her one and only purpose in the quest/prophecy/thing. Leo could die, as the seventh wheel he might insist on closing the doors of death. I think some of the CJ kids and CHB kids will die after Rome attacks. Hopefully Clarisse won't be in their number, I've grown to like her, but maybe Chris will die to save her. PERCABETH CANNOT DIE I REFUSE TO ACCEPT ANYTHING OF THE SORT. I think Piper could die as one of the two that will be sacrificed to wake Gaea.

Aysha Glory wrote: "I don't think Rick would kill off any of the seven; they're main characters."

But main characters can also die in a story ....

message 19: by Hari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hari Prasannah I would love if GAIA dies !!! (LOL).

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I wouldn't care if Frank died...

Aysha Hari wrote: "I would love if GAIA dies !!! (LOL)."

Haha!!! Obviously, she will.

Arden hopefully..nobody...one can hope right?

Jeanelle If no one dies, it won't be as interesting and anticipating, right?

Donita Chang I don't want to think about somebody dieing because I don't want anybody to die and I'm scared of randomly crying in publc places or at least in places where they don't know what's going on. So... NOBODY WILL DIE!
Like if I read it during class and somebody dies, I'm gonna be randomly crying... 'Cause it'll be awkward that a studdent randomly cries when everybody else is quiet... Or maybe when I'm in my bedroom and I randomly cry, my sister laughs at me and my mom yells at me for scaring her that something bad had happened to me.

Either way, I don't want anybody to die. Somebody might die and seem dead but they're actually alive. But I think the major deaths will be on the last book.

Keila Mejia my money is on nico or reyna

message 26: by Jake (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jake Prest Nico probably

message 27: by Mimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mimi Reyna...Reyna. Hmm, I never really though about Reyna dying but now that I think about it... Reyna isn't one of the seven so she's not crucial but she's a very important character. That makes it very easy for Rick to cut her off. But I don't think she's going to die closing the doors, instead she's going to die in the hands of Octavian during the CJ vs. CHB "accidentally" or, during the CJ vs. CHB she's going to die somewhere in between the chaos. If Reyna dies the quest doesn't fail like if one of the seven were to die. But then again, I don't want to see Reyna go like I wouldn't want any of the seven or Nico to die.

message 28: by Mimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mimi A thought just occurred to me, if Nico were to die, I mean he's a son of hades, right? Hades can easily bring Nico back if he dies. If Nico does die, Hades better bring him back or there will be some angry fangirls at Rick Riordan's door, demanding him to bing Nico back.

message 29: by Nada (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nada KryZad MantappZ wrote: "I would rate this HOO series if Percy or Jason dies. Sacrificing themselves for greater good of the world. But I know Uncle Rick wont do that so THIS IS BULLSHIT.....

And back to you, Mimi, maybe Nico dies and close the doors and Hades either bring him back, or just let him die"

Ya true, but I have a really bad feeling that Leo is gonna die! I mean, him being the seventh wheel and being left out and being so hard on himself. I could totally see that happening, Riordan being a troll and all... I'll cry if Leo dies! U_U

message 30: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara I hope Piper dies

message 31: by mels (new) - rated it 5 stars

mels Why?

message 32: by Sara (last edited Sep 26, 2013 09:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Melisquish wrote: "Why?"

I'm going to assume that you're asking me, so here is the explanation. Because I hate the fact that she's so dependant on everyone. She has her own powers and she doesn't use them, why? because she's of the outcome. Annabeth doesn't have any powers, do you see her complaining, nope. She broke her ankle while finding the mark of Athena, did she complain, nope. If Piper broke her ankle she would just sit in a corner and wait for other people to come and help her. Also, I don't like the way she thinks Jason is so awesome, and the fact that he's stronger than Percy. No, no one is stronger than Percy Jackson. When was the last time Jason was asked to be a god? I also hated it when she was comparing Jason to Percy. She was all like Jason is way better he's more taller, but Percy is unimpressive, I would never go for a guy like that. I also understand that she's just a book character and Rick voices her but she is a true daughter of Aphrodite. I also hate her POVs they're so annoying, I hope she doesn't have one in HOH. She has more faults than goods. Anyway that's what I think, I'm sorry if I offend anyone by saying this, it's just my opinion and you guys don't have to take into account if you don't want to.

Begüm i think it wont be one of the 7's. i think it will be Nico

message 34: by Mimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mimi Sara wrote: "Melisquish wrote: "Why?"

I'm going to assume that you're asking me, so here is the explanation. Because I hate the fact that she's so dependant on everyone. She has her own powers and she doesn't ..."

I've always disliked Piper but never knew how to explain it. Thank you for explaining it for me. I don't like her comparing Percy and Jason and calling Percy a 'skater boy' and 'unimpressive'. News flash Piper, you're not that impressive either. Sorry to any Piper fans, though. I do like her Cherokee legends though.

message 35: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Reyhaneh wrote: "I don't think Nico would die. He is a very interesting character and I think Rick Riordan can do a lot with him plus I love his character and I don't want him to die.

I think it might be Leo because..."

I agree, Leo might die even though he is one of my favorite characters. although I heard Riordan posted on twitter, "I am sad to say this but one of Percabeth is going to die"
I hope tht that post was not real, I started tearing up.
(Why all you people bagging on Frank? I feel bad for him honestly)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Anna wrote: "Reyhaneh wrote: "I don't think Nico would die. He is a very interesting character and I think Rick Riordan can do a lot with him plus I love his character and I don't want him to die.

I think it m..."

DEAR ZEUS, NO!
ANYTHING (OR ANYONE) BUT THAT!!!!!!!!!

message 37: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Mimi wrote: "Sara wrote: "Melisquish wrote: "Why?"

I'm going to assume that you're asking me, so here is the explanation. Because I hate the fact that she's so dependant on everyone. She has her own powers and..."

Haha, no problem, she is rather unimpressive, you're my new best friend :D

message 38: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Brooke wrote: "Anna wrote: "Reyhaneh wrote: "I don't think Nico would die. He is a very interesting character and I think Rick Riordan can do a lot with him plus I love his character and I don't want him to die.
..."

Agreed entirely
...sob...

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

nico

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Leo Valdez.

It's all been foreshadowed. Leo is the only one without a girlfriend. He is unfortunately the seventh wheel. The gods are all saying how important he'll be.

Having said that, I don't want Leo to die.

message 41: by mels (new) - rated it 5 stars

mels NO!!! NOT LEO!!! He's been through so much already, and I love him! DONT TAKE LEO RICK!!! PLEASE NO!!!

And about the Percabeth thing, I think rocks smart enough to know that if he kills one of them off, on October 8th he'll have an angry mob outside his door wanting his head on a stake.

whoufflestories I think it could be Nico or Leo or maybe Hazel or Piper. Or it could be some random demigod who's in Greece!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

It would probly be frank or hazle or mabey both.

☾ Midnight Meets Moonlight ☽ ♪♬Farheen♪♬ wrote: "Hari wrote: "I would love if GAIA dies !!! (LOL)."

Haha!!! Obviously, she will."

she immortal remember?"

message 45: by Mimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mimi Sara wrote: "Mimi wrote: "Sara wrote: "Melisquish wrote: "Why?"

I'm going to assume that you're asking me, so here is the explanation. Because I hate the fact that she's so dependant on everyone. She has her o..."

#besties #sorryPiper
I don't know, Piper just irks me. Who is she to be calling someone unimpressive? Why did Rick even give her a POV? To reveal his true feelings about Percy? She said that he needs Annabeth in his life to reel him back in when he gets too...feisty. Piper just needs to take a step back and mind her own business! I understand that Percy gets a little bit too ignorant, like pissing off Dionysus or Bacchus. Whatever. That's the Percy we know and love. Piper has to understand Percy isn't perfect and Percy's got ADHD. He can't be perfect like goody-two-shoes Jason, because he's not Jason. He's Percy and that's who we want him to be. We want him to have his own life, not have anybody hold him back. That's why Piper's comments towards him feel offensive. Just my opinion though.

message 46: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Melisquish wrote: "NO!!! NOT LEO!!! He's been through so much already, and I love him! DONT TAKE LEO RICK!!! PLEASE NO!!!

And about the Percabeth thing, I think rocks smart enough to know that if he kills one of the..."

lol agreed

円içµs Its probably going to be

FanficofBooks I totaly agree with you Sara, I hate Piper too.

message 50: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat I think it will be Nico, because (since he's not part of the Seven) besides the Doors of Death, he has really no major role to play in the story. I think that after he guides the Seven (or, actually, the Five at the moment) to where he's supposed to guide them (which is the Doors of Death, if I remember correctly), he will sacrifice himself for them or just get killed in a battle.

« previous 1