Ask Nenia Campbell discussion

Horrorscape trilogy > Gavin Mecozzi - Love interest or cautionary tale?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell (neniacampbell) | 213 comments Mod
I've noticed that a lot of people are shelving the Horrorscape trilogy as a romance. I don't consider it a romance personally, but I can definitely see why some people do!

Since he is such a complex character, I decided to give him his own thread!

DISCUSS! <3

message 2: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kristin531) I definitely wouldn't call it a romance! I don't think either Val or Gavin have any romantic feelings for the other. I'm not sure Gavin is capable of love in the first place. I mean, I like him anyway, but in the way that I love all of the psychotic serial killer villains.

message 3: by Heather (last edited Aug 27, 2013 04:48PM) (new)

Heather (xl4n1x) | 6 comments Well I shelved it as romance because it has some vague romance elements, especially in the first book. I create generic shelves so anything that can remotely be classified as that genre will be shelved as such.
I would agree though, for the most part the Horrorscape Trilogy is hardly considered a romance.

Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell (neniacampbell) | 213 comments Mod
Romantic elements it definitely does have, and the third book definitely borders on erotica. (IMHO)

But yes, it is difficult to say since Gav does not feel love or affection in the typical way. (:

message 5: by Anna (last edited Aug 27, 2013 03:35PM) (new)

Anna (annamatsuyama) | 27 comments I would wish Gavin as lover to my worst enemy! >:D Mwahaha

Anna wrote: "I would wish Gavin as lover to my worst enemy! >:D Mwahaha"

Eek! *is glad she is not Anna's worst enemy*

message 7: by Estelle (new)

Estelle (letoile19) | 2 comments Anna wrote: "I would wish Gavin as lover to my worst enemy! >:D Mwahaha"

*becomes your worst enemy*

I kid, I kid :P

I C WUT U DID THAR.

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna (annamatsuyama) | 27 comments Estelle wrote: "Anna wrote: "I would wish Gavin as lover to my worst enemy! >:D Mwahaha"

*becomes your worst enemy*

I kid, I kid :P"

NO, because you want him you wouldn't get him >:D

Now you're just being evil. ;)

message 11: by Jo (new)

Jo (jo_mafalda) | 12 comments Totally a cautionary tale :)
I mean, Gavin truly is one of the most disturbing characters I ever read. But he is fascinating, he uses his looks and his words to attract his prey. Like a freaking moth to a flame!
And I confess, that almost to the end of the 2nd book, I kept making excuses for him and thinking, that maybe, he couldn't be that bad! Oh boy, how wrong was I? ;)

message 12: by Noga (new)

Noga Levin make up | 1 comments I'm sort of sad for them, Gavin and Val, i confess to hoping they'd end up together in some bdsm lifestyl especially after terrorscape and Val's (******SPOILER*********) p status. And what he said after she woke up about her feelings towards him. Maybe it's just me but I could've seen an alternate ending for them, the current one does give me a sense of awe and admiration to Val, that she had that strength....I'm proud and sad

message 13: by Anna (last edited Aug 31, 2013 08:35AM) (new)

Anna (annamatsuyama) | 27 comments Noga wrote: "I'm sort of sad for them, Gavin and Val, i confess to hoping they'd end up together in some bdsm lifestyl especially after terrorscape and Val's (******SPOILER*********) p status. And what he said ..."

bdsm doesn't equal abusive relationship. bdsm works only if both partners are willing, respect & trust each other and have the same kink.

IMO if Gavin did own Val as he wished, he sooner or later would've grown bored with her.

eta: sorry so much typos

No, that's probably true. He would be sad if his prey no longer fought back. :P

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Admittedly, I am not yet through with the book. Gavin is starting to form up (in my mind) out of the same vein as Peter from the Ender series. Cautionary tale is my vote, thus far. :)

Omg. I could totally see that! Peter was creeeeepy.