David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Camp Boyfriend (Camp Boyfriend, #1)
This topic is about Camp Boyfriend
Archive's > September 2013 BOTM- Camp Boyfriend by J.K. Rock

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Discussion for Camp Boyfriend. Remember one person who joins the discussion will be chosen to win an ebook up to 2.99

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Rock (karenrock) | 18 comments Thank you for picking Camp Boyfriend as your book of the month read! It's an honor to be chosen by members of the David Estes Fans and YA Lovers Unite! Group. This means so much to me and co-author and sister-in-law, Joanne :)

message 3: by Gautirya (new)

Gautirya Muralietharan this looks good, and after reading the blurb i really want to read. but none of my libraries have it. so i need to find a copy somewhere.hopefully
:)

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Rock (karenrock) | 18 comments Gautirya wrote: "this looks good, and after reading the blurb i really want to read. but none of my libraries have it. so i need to find a copy somewhere.hopefully
:)"
Thank you so much, Gautirya :) And your name is beautiful, btw!

message 5: by Joanna Marie (last edited Aug 26, 2013 07:54PM) (new)

Joanna Marie (joannacapats) wow, this is a big change. A light read this month! Looks good for me too! :)

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen Rock (karenrock) | 18 comments jσαnnα wrote: "wow, this is a big change. A light read this month! Looks good for me too! :)"

Wow, thanks, Joanna :) That's so nice of you to say!

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) I was lucky enough to read this book before it released and I loved it. It is such a fantastic read. I hope you all enjoy it :)

message 8: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Congrats Karen!! So cool to have your book featured in the group this month!!

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I read this book some time ago and I loved it. At first the blurb made me doubt whether I wanted to read it or not, because I don't like love triangles. But after reading the free prequel I knew I wanted to read this book. The love triangle is really well done and I really liked how the authors handled this. (view spoiler) Also the book isn't only about the love triangle, it is also about self-discovery and friendship and I really liked the camp setting.

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen Rock (karenrock) | 18 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "I was lucky enough to read this book before it released and I loved it. It is such a fantastic read. I hope you all enjoy it :)"

Awwwww! thank you, Kayleigh. You've been with Joanne and I every step of the way and your support means so much. <3

message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen Rock (karenrock) | 18 comments David wrote: "Congrats Karen!! So cool to have your book featured in the group this month!!"

Thank you very much, David! It's such an honor for Camp Boyfriend to be chosen by your amazing Goodreads Group :) And congratulations to you on all of your well-deserved success!

message 12: by Karen (new)

Karen Rock (karenrock) | 18 comments Lolita wrote: "I read this book some time ago and I loved it. At first the blurb made me doubt whether I wanted to read it or not, because I don't like love triangles. But after reading the free prequel I knew I ..." Lola you are awesome! I appreciate your honesty and agree that love triangles are so overdone that I'm wary of them too- reading them or writing them. This is actually the first time I've used one but it was more of a device to parallel the choices the main character, Lauren, needed to make out who she was and wanted to be... much bigger questions than what guy she likes making out with (and I know you agree with that!!) Like you said, this book focuses on things that mattered to the teens I work with like friendships, not labeling each other or yourself, self-acceptance, and staying true to who you are instead of who people expect you to be :)

message 13: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Karen wrote: "David wrote: "Congrats Karen!! So cool to have your book featured in the group this month!!"

Thank you very much, David! It's such an honor for Camp Boyfriend to be chosen by your amazing Goodread..."

Aww thanks ;) You published this one with SHP right? They requested a full manuscript of The Moon Dwellers but ended up passing on it :( But they're a great place to be!

message 14: by Karen (last edited Aug 27, 2013 06:49AM) (new)

Karen Rock (karenrock) | 18 comments David wrote: "Karen wrote: "David wrote: "Congrats Karen!! So cool to have your book featured in the group this month!!"

Thank you very much, David! It's such an honor for Camp Boyfriend to be chosen by your am..."

David wrote: "Karen wrote: "David wrote: "Congrats Karen!! So cool to have your book featured in the group this month!!"

Thank you very much, David! It's such an honor for Camp Boyfriend to be chosen by your am..."

It is pubbed through SH Contemp (their new imprint for contemporary YA) They are a great place to be, thanks :) I'm sorry for SHP that they didn't take The Moon Dwellers when they had the chance... your future is so bright and your fans adore you!! The Dwellers Saga is a favorite with fans of The Hunger Games which is HUGE. When I get through my deadlines at the end of Sept, I'm starting your series. I love dystopian!

message 15: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Cool, I'm really happy for you, that's amazing! And thanks, I appreciate it :) I hope you enjoy my series!!

message 16: by Karen (new)

Karen Rock (karenrock) | 18 comments David wrote: "Cool, I'm really happy for you, that's amazing! And thanks, I appreciate it :) I hope you enjoy my series!!" I know I will, David! Thanks :) The feedback for your work is amazing.

message 17: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

I'm blessed with THE BEST READERS EVER :) But I might be biased ;)

Jenelle | 23 comments jσαnnα wrote: "wow, this is a big change. A light read this month! Looks good for me too! :)"

A light read is right! I thought this was a refreshing change of pace for me, as I usually stick to dark, dystopian type books in the YA category. Camp Boyfriend reminded me a lot of the books I used to read in junior high and high school, and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed them :)

I thought this was fun and fresh, and while it was a love story, it was indeed a book about self discovery and finding yourself. I think more teenagers should find out who THEY are before worrying about finding their true loves. A good book and a great message!

Thanks for choosing this book this month group!

message 19: by Karen (new)

Karen Rock (karenrock) | 18 comments Wow! Thanks so much, Jenelle! That means so much to hear :) I'm glad you liked the book!

message 20: by Lola (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I totally agree with you Jenelle! I really loved the fact that the love story wasn't all where this story was about and I really liked that it was about self discovery too. I think that's important subject for teens and I remember how much I struggled with finding myself when I was a teenager.

message 21: by Karen (new)

Karen Rock (karenrock) | 18 comments Lolita wrote: "I totally agree with you Jenelle! I really loved the fact that the love story wasn't all where this story was about and I really liked that it was about self discovery too. I think that's important..."

That is a great point! Even though Joanne and I are romance writers, we wanted the story to focus on Lauren knowing who she was before figuring out who she belonged with. I'm so glad you liked that element in the story!