Fantasy Reading 101 discussion

Themes and Tropes > Fairy Tale Volumes

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (last edited Aug 26, 2013 05:13PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 50 comments Mod
Andrew Lang is probably the Cadillac of fairy tale volumes. Read most of these as a kid, but I am try to reread them as an old lady.

The Blue Fairy Book by Andrew Lang The Red Fairy Book by Andrew Lang The Green Fairy Book by Andrew Lang The Yellow Fairy Book by Andrew Lang The Pink Fairy Book by Andrew Lang The Orange Fairy Book by Andrew Lang The Brown Fairy Book by Andrew Lang The Lilac Fairy Book by Andrew Lang The Violet Fairy Book by Andrew Lang The Olive Fairy Book by Andrew Lang The Grey Fairy Book by Andrew Lang The Crimson Fairy Book by Andrew Lang The Rose Fairy Book by Andrew Lang

Others (I'm reading or have read)--list in progress:
The Arabian Nights Tales from a Thousand and One Nights by Anonymous -eastern legends

The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library) by Jacob Grimm
Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen

Aesop's Fables (Oxford World's Classics) by Aesop

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Huston (telynor) | 1 comments I've been collecting the Folio Society's volumes of Lang, and they are lovely to look at, with new introductions and illustrations. Expensive, tho', which is the tricky part.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 50 comments Mod
Oh wow, you have the nice versions. I splurged and bought the paperbacks from Dover a few years ago, and I'm glad I did. I also got them on Kindle.