What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Falcon and the Flower (Medieval Plantagenet, #1)
This topic is about The Falcon and the Flower
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. a bodice ripper romance novel from the 70's or 80's? [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 4 comments The female character in this book was being raised by her grandmother I believe, she rode a white horse with a bridle that made it look like a unicorn. The girl is supposed to be married off to one man but somehow (I don't remember why) ends up with the "hero" and his men. *SPOILER ALERT*? as proof that she has been claimed he dips his ring with the family crest in "the proof of her innocence" and stamps the sheet. Sorry, I know that's gross, but it's the only part of the story line I can remember! Thanks for reading, my sister has been looking for this book for a long time so any help would be appreciated.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Do you remember where the book was set? England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany, the American Colonies/early States? What about a time period--Dark Ages, Medieval, Renaissance, Georgian, Victorian?

message 3: by Cam (last edited Aug 26, 2013 09:20PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cam (camthereader) | 36 comments Sounds very familiar (unicorn/horse part). Is it Desired by Virginia Henley Desired by Virginia Henley? I can't remember if Christian dipped a ring though. The heroine is Lady Brianna of Bedford. She and Christian have been 'meeting' in dreams and when he finally finds her, she's engaged to his cousin.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 4 comments I'm guessing it's set in England...?

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 4 comments Hmm...I just did a search for that title and failed to find anything that sounds like what I am looking for. I plan on going to a used book store tomorrow, hopefully they will have it and I can see for sure. Thank you so much :)

message 6: by Cam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cam (camthereader) | 36 comments Can't let this go until I figure it out. I started skimming Desired to see if it's the one and no sign of a unicorn saddle. I do know it's a Virginia Henley book, maybe this one The Falcon and the Flower by Virginia Henley The Falcon and the Flower. Can't find my copy at the moment.

Astride her white palfrey, surrounded by a nimbus of silver-blond hair, Jasmine was a vision to strike a man mute with desire. But the violet-eyed love child of King Richard's half brother had vowed that no man would ever rule her heart. Until she saw the face of the Devil himself in her crystal ball--the dark, brooding knight who would kill to make her his own. She would risk a dissolute court and a maddened, lustful king to keep destiny at bay, anything to keep her from the hypnotic eyes and burning caresses of...The Falcon.

A wickedly handsome warrior who lived by blood and the sword, Falcon de Burgh wanted to wed no woman--until he laid eyes on the exquisite Jasmine, and he vowed to possess her, to teach her all the wondrous ways a man could love a woman, no matter what it might take to conquer her fiery, unyielding heart. Falcon knew only blind, reckless passion as he swore to tame, at the risk of his life...The Flower.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35674 comments Mod
Cam and Amy, here's an excerpt of Virginia Henley's "The Falcon and the Flower" from books.google.com:

"He was mesmerized at the sight of her. For one unreal moment he believed this beautiful creature riding the back of a uniform was of another world... This close, he could clearly see that the "unicorn" was merely a white palfrey wearing a clever ornamental harness fashioned with a long, spiraled ivory horn." (page 49)

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy | 4 comments That's it! My sister will be so excited, thank you, thank you, thank you!
Now, can you tell me how to move the thread to solved? :)

message 9: by Cam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cam (camthereader) | 36 comments Thanks Kris, now I have to find my own copy to reread. Amy, enjoy the book!