The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie-Jo (new)

Marie-Jo Fortis | 118 comments Is anybody watching The Newsroom on HBO? Although, as its title indicates, it's all about what's happening in a newsroom ---politics n' all--- it is at times paced like a thriller.

message 2: by Jade (new)

Jade Varden (jadevarden) | 14 comments I'm obsessed with the Newsroom, and I totally agree. It's full of suspense. I'm STILL waiting for the full story on Maggie's hair, for example. Jane Fonda is incredible in every episode she's in, particularly this latest one.

message 3: by Marie-Jo (new)

Marie-Jo Fortis | 118 comments Yes, Maggie has acquired a totally new dimension with her new hair. She almost steals the show, as she is not only keeping a mystery. She is a mystery. Great to know you as a Newsroom fan, Jade.

message 4: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) | 203 comments My current favourite US TV Show. Brilliant acting and great complex stories that are not dumbed down. No I don't get all the USA stories but the telling is brilliant. So glad I found this with series one and series two has been excellent.

message 5: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
It's very much in the style of Aaron Sorkin's first series, The West Wing. Loved that one too.

message 6: by Jade (new)

Jade Varden (jadevarden) | 14 comments I'm a big fan of Aaron Sorkin's stuff. I really enjoyed The Social Network even though I didn't like most of the actors in it.

message 7: by Marie-Jo (new)

Marie-Jo Fortis | 118 comments The actors in The Newsroom are definitely top-notch.

message 8: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 1347 comments How the heck do the actors memorize all that dialogue? Interesting program.