Books ROCK!!!!!!!! discussion

Fun stuff > It was worth it in the end.

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What do you not regret doing?

message 2: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) Giving my heart to Jesus.

message 3: by Mojoboy31 (new)

Mojoboy31 | 119 comments Mod
Demonhunter wrote: "Giving my heart to Jesus."

True this.

What else?... Tearing a room apart to kill a spider.

message 4: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) Having a weeping angel desktop.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Mojoboy31 wrote: "Demonhunter wrote: "Giving my heart to Jesus."

True this.

What else?... Tearing a room apart to kill a spider."

Lol

Joining goodreads

message 6: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) Yes Goodreads and the circle that led me here and the friend that led me to the circle.

message 7: by Mojoboy31 (new)

Listening to a new band you've never listened to before.

message 8: by Mojoboy31 (new)

Watching all the Twilight movie-- Nope... Not worth it in the end ;P

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Elmira001) Reading lots, and never trying to be someone I'm not. I love my friends, and they all know exactly who I am

message 10: by Mojoboy31 (new)

Amanda wrote: "Reading lots, and never trying to be someone I'm not. I love my friends, and they all know exactly who I am"

Nice!

Reading Immanuel's Veins.

message 11: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 19 comments Telling my mother everything even when it meant loosing people I thought were good for me.

message 12: by Mojoboy31 (new)

E.j. wrote: "Telling my mother everything even when it meant loosing people I thought were good for me."

That's a very tough one.

message 13: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 19 comments Well, I am debating doing that very thing at this moment, so I would love opinions.

message 14: by Mojoboy31 (new)

E.j. wrote: "Well, I am debating doing that very thing at this moment, so I would love opinions."

On creating a group?

message 15: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 19 comments no, telling my mom something.

message 16: by Mojoboy31 (new)

Oh, so you haven't done that yet. Sorry, you posted it into "It was worth it in the end", so I figured you were referring to a past event.

I know it's hard, but I'd never advise you to go against your parents. That being said, you and only you can make this decision.

message 17: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 19 comments I was referring to past events, but now I am upon another potentially dangerous situation that I may need to tell her about. It may mean the loss of more than one of my dear friends and people whom I believe to be honorable.

message 18: by Mojoboy31 (new)

E.j. wrote: "I was referring to past events, but now I am upon another potentially dangerous situation that I may need to tell her about. It may mean the loss of more than one of my dear friends and people whom..."

Key word: dangerous... How dangerous?

message 19: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 19 comments Like bringing someone who was accused (only accused but never convicted) of a crime into my life dangerous.

message 20: by Mojoboy31 (new)

E.j. wrote: "Like bringing someone who was accused (only accused but never convicted) of a crime into my life dangerous."

What kind of crime?

message 21: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 19 comments Nothing to be taken lightly. I can't post it on this thread.

message 22: by Mojoboy31 (new)

And this person is friends with your other friends?

message 23: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 19 comments One of my other friends tried to set us up together. He didn't know much about this person though, so he might not know.

message 24: by Mojoboy31 (new)

So why are you worrying about losing your other friends, if they don't even know them that well?

message 25: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 19 comments Because, the friend that tried to set us up together is someone who I really only interact with in a class that the three of us take together. We text and what not, but if my mother deems it necessary to pull us from that class due to the presence of the guy who was accused of the crime, then I will most like loose my friends from that class.

message 26: by Mojoboy31 (new)

E.j. wrote: "Because, the friend that tried to set us up together is someone who I really only interact with in a class that the three of us take together. We text and what not, but if my mother deems it necess..."

Okay, do you really think she'd pull you from the class, or just tell you to stay away from the guy?

message 27: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 19 comments I have younger siblings who attend it as well. She may fear for their safety. They can't defend themselves as well as I can. I really don't know.

message 28: by Mojoboy31 (new)

E.j. wrote: "I have younger siblings who attend it as well. She may fear for their safety. They can't defend themselves as well as I can. I really don't know."

If she did pull you, would that really destroy your relationship with your friends? Earlier you said they were your dear friends. Would not taking that class really mean the end of your friendship?

message 29: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 19 comments I don't know. It's complicated. The guy who was accused has been a very dear friend to me. The other friend of mine, I guess it really wouldn't matter as much about as I thought. You're right about that.

message 30: by Mojoboy31 (new)

E.j. wrote: "I don't know. It's complicated. The guy who was accused has been a very dear friend to me. The other friend of mine, I guess it really wouldn't matter as much about as I thought. You're right about..."

How long you known him?

message 31: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 19 comments We've only been texting for around two weeks. We have been in the class together for around 4 or 5 months. We never really talked though.

message 32: by Mojoboy31 (new)

E.j. wrote: "We've only been texting for around two weeks. We have been in the class together for around 4 or 5 months. We never really talked though."

Two weeks. You've been communicating for two weeks, but he's been a very dear friend?

I want to ask the most obvious question: do you think he's capable-- but judging by the fact that you're considering telling your mother and haven't just disregarded it tells me that you-- at the very least have doubts about his character.

message 33: by E.j. (last edited Aug 27, 2013 11:43PM) (new)

E.j. | 19 comments Okay, here's the full story so that you understand. The accused guy has fancied me for a long time from a distance in our class. My friend realized this, and tried to set us up. After texting this guy for about three days, he asked me to hang out. I told him I couldn't. So, about two days later, after the class, he texts and asks if I was free Saturday. That sounded more like a date, so I told him that I wasn't allowed to date. He was a perfect gentleman about it all, and said that we could just be friends. Since then, he has been through some very difficult things, and has come to me for advice and entrusted me with quite a lot. I do, in a sense, feel like there should be some loyalty there. I simply have not known him long enough nor spoken to him in person enough to judge his character on such a level. From the texts, he seems like a, up right, kind, considerate, polite young man. It's much easier to appear that way on a screen though.

message 34: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 19 comments He just informed me of his past tonight.

message 35: by Mojoboy31 (new)

If you haven't known him long enough to judge him on such a level, have you known him long enough to take the chance on it?

If I were your mother, I'd wanna know what was going on.
And think about this: when you become a parent, you're gonna wanna know if your kids face things like this.

message 36: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 19 comments Yes, somewhere I knew the right thing to do was tell her. It's going to be difficult, and I don't want to seem like I'm turning my back on him for something he may or may not have done. There is nothing I can do though. At this point, my family is on the line. If it were just me, I'd try to get to know him better, but I have siblings to protect. I'm telling her first thing tomorrow morning. Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

message 37: by Mojoboy31 (new)

E.j. wrote: "Yes, somewhere I knew the right thing to do was tell her. It's going to be difficult, and I don't want to seem like I'm turning my back on him for something he may or may not have done. There is no..."

I'm sorry, I couldn't help you more.

I don't know if you're religious or not, but I'll be praying for you. And I hope things go well.

message 38: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 19 comments I thank you for your prayers. You were a great deal of help. I will be praying for the best out come as well. :)

message 39: by Mojoboy31 (new)

E.j. wrote: "I thank you for your prayers. You were a great deal of help. I will be praying for the best out come as well. :)"

Anytime. :)