What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Any (good) thrillers/horror written in first person?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

drowningmermaid | 126 comments I know of one that went through a draft as a first-person... but not many that went to print as such and not many that I felt really worked well as first person.

Maybe I should mention here that I didn't particularly like:
"The Turning" by J. Armintrout-- first person horror
"The Beekeeper's Apprentice"-- first person historical mystery/general/thriller

But I did like:
"The Hunger Games"

Any suggestions? Has anyone done a "Da Vinci Code" or "Bourne Identity" in first person?

message 2: by Phil (new)

Phil | 177 comments Are you looking for any specific themes/settings/etc? H.P Lovecraft wrote many in first person, and there are quite a few crime novels done this way. I'll put a list together of some.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin | 192 comments Most of Stephen King's books are written in first person, such as Bag of Bones and Dolores Claiborne. Definitely a mix of thriller and horror.

message 4: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie Zacc | 5 comments Seed by Ania Ahlborn

message 5: by Feliks (last edited Dec 19, 2013 02:41PM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) Explore this thread/discussion for a huge list of action, spy, thriller, adventure titles.
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...-

From it, I can name a few 1st-person narratives off the top of my head:

This Suitcase Is Going To Explode
The Wind Chill Factor
The Viking Process

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) Not sure if this trilogy would count, but I read The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan , and my blogger friend said if I liked that I would like the hunger games, as it's in the same genre.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 8: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 591 comments Read Name of the Devil (Book 2 in Jessica Blackwood Series) by Andrew Mayne that is a thriller -- as I recall it's told in first person. (Obviously there is a Book 1, and a short story on kindle, 1.5)

message 9: by Zak (new)

Zak Bourne | 16 comments Project17 . may not entirely fit the bill but i relay loved it

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
The Flame Alphabet is literary fiction, also dystopia, also many readers shelve it as horror.

message 11: by Samantha (new)

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Rogue Male is a thriller about a man on the run.

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

The Other by Thomas Tryon

It's a frame story where it starts out in first person, then switches to third person, ends in first person.