Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Book description?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Aug 26, 2013 02:07PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18... says is possible book, quotes author interview and links to interview. Not a bookseller link; but, seemed a very odd description nonetheless.

message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Debbie wrote: "http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18... says is possible book, quotes author interview and links to interview. Not a bookseller link; but, seemed a very odd description nonetheless."

Related thread:
www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1458593-...

Rivka says leave it 'cos it would only get added again. She is right.

message 3: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Aug 26, 2013 05:49PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I know; I wasn't trying to get the book deleted.

It wasn't the "untitled" that bothered me. Just the odd description with quotes and links to a non-author/non-publisher/non-goodreads site my browser blocked for suspicion of phishing. (Not necessarily a valid site block; more likely just an ad on page at that time triggered its oversensitive warnings.) The link and author interview might actually have had a useful description (I did not visit the linked page).

No doubt person writing description had permission to quote from the interview. Rivka would know best if link was a valid data source--I have no clue, just think it's odd when book description has quotes from other sites (in this case, not quoting book reviews or booksellers so wasn't sure how staff felt).

message 4: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments I suppose if the book itself is mythical and will probably never exist it will be difficult for our enthusiastic book adders to come up with a blurb which isn't completely pointless.

I'd be surprised if Entertainment Weekly would give permission for that link. The terms say "Prohibited Use. Any commercial or promotional distribution, publishing or exploitation of the Web Site, or any content, code, data or materials on the Web Site, is strictly prohibited unless you have received the express prior written permission from our authorized personnel or the otherwise applicable rights holder." Goodreads must be a commercial site, we are Amazon after all.