The Palace Flophouse discussion

WELCOME STRANGER! INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Joseph | 9 comments Mod
tell us what has drawn you here. Which book is your favorite and why.

message 2: by Jeff (last edited Sep 16, 2013 04:33AM) (new)

Jeff Joseph | 9 comments Mod
Hi I'm Jeff from Toronto Canada I've read both books but re-read sweet Thursday Much more. IM surprised how many people who have read cannery row and loved it have-not read the sequel. I'm interested in the real people that the characters are based on especially ED RICKETTS who doc is based on.I just got the 2 Rickett biographys and cant wait to chew on them. I look forward to discussing the row in fiction and not. Thats why I started this group. It would help if someone besides me would post something so we can get this group moving.

message 3: by Maia (new)

Maia Thielen (maiamaus) | 3 comments I don't know if anyone will see this, since it says it's been three years since something was posted, but this is the first and only "Ed head" group I've been able to find online, so I'm going to post, dammit! I'm a graduate student originally from the Bay Area, and grew up spending heaps of time on the Monterey Peninsula, and throughout Steinbeck country. I consumed a steady diet of California writers, but the world of John and Ed has remained dearest to my heart. I'm going to keep this group on my account, and if anyone's out there, I'd love to discuss!!