Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) Clockwork Princess discussion

Love scene in Clockwork Princess

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Loony Grief sex with Will and Tessa.

Loony I just like the part where Will asked her what to do with her corset and all that. What a cutie will is!

And the "At least you weren't lying about the tatoo of the Welsh dragon".

Loony It's between Will or Mortmain. What a no-brainer!

I think the tattoo is in his butt.

amanda i felt that the love scene was frustrating. i really like tessa and will together, but she just found out jem was dead and every thing just fely wrong....

Krissie Some people have said that it was disrespectful of Will and Tessa to do what they did even given the circumstances because Will kept saying that he could never live with himself if he pursued Tessa after Jem's death, yet Jem "dies" and Will has sex with her in a cave no problem. I can see the logic of that argument, but I also get why they would do it because they thought they were both going to die anyway and wouldn't have to face the consequences of their actions. Still, a part of it seems wrong, because they never actually tell Jem, he just kind of figures it out for himself what they did, and their best excuse was "We thought you were dead". The whole scene is bittersweet for me, TBH.

Michelle Zapf-bélanger Some people have said that it was disrespectful of Will and Tessa to do what they did even given the circumstances because Will kept saying that he could never live with himself if he pursued Tessa after Jem's death, yet Jem "dies" and Will has sex with her in a cave no problem.

Of course an overly dramatic teenager would say crap like, "Oh, I couldn't go after my friend's fiance after he's dead!" but it would be silly to actually expect him to STICK to that. We always say ridiculous things like that when we're 18, and then there are always moments (in real life, not usually as dramatic) where we realize that love doesn't work the way we thought. The cave was Will and Tessa's moment.

I remember swearing at 18 that I wouldn't date my best friend's ex-boyfriend because that would be wrong. Well, the two of us didn't get trapped in a cave by an evil steampunk mastermind or anything, but we did eventually have a moment where we realized it would be ok to date anyway. In retrospect, I'm glad we did, since now we've been married for a decade and have a lovely son. ;)