Arms dealing, money laundering and espionage discussion

Judas Goat - The Kennet Narrow Boat Mystery
Arms dealing and money laundering

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patrick Brigham | 2 comments Mod
Who supplies the weapons which appear daily in the hands of children in the Third World and what pays for them?

message 2: by Cosmic (new)

Cosmic Arcata | 1 comments I just wanted to say that I am reading War is a Racket: The Antiwar Classic by America's Most Decorated Soldier.

I think this is relevant to this group.

Also have been working on
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

I think Salinger was pretty sick of war...and war pigs.

Patrick Brigham | 2 comments Mod
In retrospect, when we finally get down to discovering who the agents of war are, we can then see the connection between wars and the arms industry. Read the investigations of SIPRI and you will soon see who is selling and who is buying and the familiar names which keep cropping up. War is the frightening mixture of money and politics, with very often the same players indulging in both! Sometimes these players get punished, as in Judas Goat: The Kennet Narrow Boat Mystery.

message 4: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) | 2 comments FYI, I've been recommending this group to other Goodreads members (via my own groups). I think the subject matter is well-worth discussion. Where is everyone? Can we get some facts and factoids to kick around? What is the literature on this sphere-of-interest? Howdy.

message 5: by Feliks (last edited May 11, 2015 08:51PM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) | 2 comments Good tip there Cosmic. I know the background to General Butler. Didn't realize there was a book.

Arms dealing, money laundering and espionage

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

War is a Racket (other topics)