The Last Letter from Your Lover The Last Letter from Your Lover discussion

love

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Robin Strugats Is it me or does this book make yo really think about love and your relationships? Just finished it and still reeling from all the different view points on love and living. Great story and would make a fantastic movie.

Dalia Pure love and pure emotions. I liked it so much

Robin Strugats Have you read anything else like it that you would recommend?

Samuel Robin wrote: "Have you read anything else like it that you would recommend?"
You'll probably like 'Hotel in The Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford.

Robin Strugats I read that. Didn't have the same emotional depth as this book. I liked it though.

Laura I am still in marvel at the magnitude of emotions in this book I agree Robin this would make an excellant movie blockbuster for sure . I strongly recommend this read.

Robin Strugats Can you recommend another book with strong emotional characters, as in this one?

Laura have you read roses by leila meachum ?

Robin Strugats nope..but i will...thx

message 10: by Deb (new) - rated it 4 stars

Deb Stambaugh I loved this book! I enjoy books with parallel stories and thought all of the relattionships in this book were very well done. I'm looking forward to Moyes new book.

message 11: by Peg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Peg B. just love the way this author writes....so real!!!

message 12: by Sherri (last edited Dec 12, 2013 10:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sherri Another surprisingly good book from Moyes. Do you ever wonder how many people in real life can relate to a lifetime of 'missed opportunities' and end up reconnecting decades later? Perhaps timing (good or bad) happens for a reason.

message 13: by Joana (last edited Dec 13, 2013 01:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joana Robin wrote: "Can you recommend another book with strong emotional characters, as in this one?"

Well the plot is a lot different, but The Girl You Left Behind (Jojo Moyes' novel aswell) is an amazing read too!

:)

message 14: by Kate (last edited Dec 18, 2013 02:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate I loved this book as well- but I love all Jojo Moyes books :
After I read Last Letter I read My Dear I Wanted to Tell You I think I read at least half of it through a mist of tears! It is also by Louise Douglas and I highly recommend it - but be prepared with tissues!

message 15: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate I just got The Love of My Life to read on my kindle. I love a good love story - and a good cry!

Christine I read this book in one day, it was that good. I just couldn't put it down.

message 17: by Lysa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lysa Robin wrote: "Have you read anything else like it that you would recommend?"

If you liked this book from Jojo Moyes you should check out more of her books. : )

message 18: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana I also felt deeply in love with this book!
I couldn't put it down. It really touched me in very different ways.

The story was so real and captivating.
I cried tears in the end. Pure beauty!

Teddie Just finished reading it (the first book I've read by this author). I loved it also. One thing I was surprised about was that the asbestos issue wasn't gone into in more depth. Not complaining, just an observation.

Deanna (A Novel Glimpse) If you haven't read Me Before You, I highly suggest that book. It was my first Moyes book and I think it's her best. Definitely a lot of stuff to think about in it. I also really enjoyed One Plus One.

message 21: by Teddie (last edited Nov 07, 2014 03:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teddie I downloaded Me Before You on my Kindle earlier today! Planning on reading it soon. (I don't like reading two books by the same author back to back.)

Sönïa Dhillion Maggie wrote: "Robin wrote: "Can you recommend another book with strong emotional characters, as in this one?"

Try "The Love Of My Life" by Louise Douglas."

That book is not even in league with this book . Personally I find it insulting comparing that book with the last letter from my lover no offensive that's just my view.

I wouldn't recommend that book.