Boardwalk Empire discussion

Season 4 > Predictions

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Boyer (katieelaineboyer) | 110 comments Mod
With the Season 4 Premiere less than 2 weeks away, what are you expecting this season? What are you most looking forward to?

Do you think it's really over between Nucky and Margaret?
What will it take for Nucky to stay in power?
Who will Nucky's next rival be with Gyp dead?
Will we continue to see Capone rise to power?

message 2: by Katie (new)

yeah I would love to learn more about the real-life Lucky! Van Alden is so crazy though, interested to see where his story goes next.

Less than one week until the premiere!!

message 3: by Char (new)

Char I can't wait for the premiere on Sunday!!
I have a whole month of Sundays to watch, before The Walking Dead starts up. Then it becomes difficult to decide which one to watch. :)

Dorie  - Cats&Books :) (dorie--catsbooks) Hi! I really liked this show but last season I felt like it came up short.There why does a lot of violence. Without the love between the top characters there wasn't enough balance to the show. I still like the actors and will keep watching. I'd like to get to know the cnaracters better. Excited for the new season.
Dorie

message 5: by Char (new)

Char I thought last season was the best one yet! It just goes to show that different strokes work for different folks. :)

message 6: by Katie (new)

Yes, I love getting some insight into the various opinions - thanks for sharing!

I have a feeling this coming season is going to be better than the last. Hope to see more Richard Harrow action :)

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary | 3 comments I agree on wanting to see more Richard Harrow. He's probably the most complex character, although Nucky and Van Alden give him a run for that designation. Also, agreed on more Lucky Luciano-we all probably already know the story of Capone. I think Margaret and Nucky are done, just too much negative baggage. Not sure they ever really loved each other anyway.

message 8: by J (new)

J (jnworks) Mary wrote: "I agree on wanting to see more Richard Harrow. He's probably the most complex character, although Nucky and Van Alden give him a run for that designation. Also, agreed on more Lucky Luciano-we al..."

i don't think they every loved each other either. He wanted to play the hero and she wanted to live better and wanted a father for her kids. I wanted her to get with the father of her baby, so sad.. they always kill off my favorite characters lol..I would love to go deeper into chalky white's story and i want to know more about Richard Harrow as well

message 9: by Diana (new)

Diana Sanchez | 1 comments I agree with Charlene, I thought season 3 was the best one. I was surprised with last season because I thought I wasn't going to like it anymore since Jimmy was dead. I'm looking forward to seeing Al Capone's story play out and as for Nucky and Margaret, I think he'll have a new love interest but Margaret will be back.

message 10: by Katie (last edited Sep 07, 2013 06:23PM) (new)

Whoops I accidentally deleted a comment when trying to delete one of mine. Sorry ! Feel free to post again.

message 11: by Katie (last edited Sep 07, 2013 06:20PM) (new)

@Dorie-

it's in 1924!

Ladies of the Boardwalk!

message 12: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylors21) | 1 comments Charlene wrote: "I can't wait for the premiere on Sunday!!
I have a whole month of Sundays to watch, before The Walking Dead starts up. Then it becomes difficult to decide which one to watch. :)"

I can't wait for The Walking Dead to return!! That is one of the greatest shows ever!!

message 13: by Katie (new)

Taylor wrote: "Charlene wrote: "I can't wait for the premiere on Sunday!!
I have a whole month of Sundays to watch, before The Walking Dead starts up. Then it becomes difficult to decide which one to watch. :)"
..."

I haven't watched much of The Walking Dead. Does that start again soon too?

message 14: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah | 4 comments Rewatching season 3 in 2 days. Dreading watching "A Man, a Plan" again. After Jimmy and Owen, I'm half expecting a new character introduced in season 4 that I fall in love with and will get killed halfway through lol.

Van Alden and Harrow are also my favorites. They're the ones I'm most interested in. I don't want Margaret to get back with Nucky, but I'm not sure she'd have much of a role in the show if she's not with him. But after all she's been through, I wouldn't be surprised if she wants a quiet life where she knows her children are safe. That's what I want for her, but if she has to be with Nucky to have a big presence on the show, then I guess I'll take it.

message 15: by Katie (new)

Episode #2 preview trailer is up!
http://www.goodreads.com/videos/51296...

message 16: by Char (new)

Char Taylor, The Walkind Dead is sooo good! I believe it starts up around mid October.

message 17: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments I honestly do not think Margret will leave Nucky, She is smart enough to know that her children will have a better life with him and now that Owen is dead she wont really have anywhere to go. Nucky loves her children(and I think her still also just likes the ladies, Variety). I can not wait to see what happens to Baby Tommy! I hope he does not go back to that WITCH Gillian(evil whore).

I am also DYING to see what the new Mrs. Sally Wheet character is going to do, And what she will add to this Violent, Glamorous Series

Anyone else hear anything on her!?!?!?

message 18: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments Anyone else think the Chalkys and Dr. Narcisse Daughters are going to be friends or Major Enemies

I think I can smell a face off...(she did want interesting..."She can write a POEM about it")

...Probably not that funny huh...

message 19: by Katie (new)

Ashley wrote: "Anyone else think the Chalkys and Dr. Narcisse Daughters are going to be friends or Major Enemies "

I think I read something about them being enemies! I guess that makes it more interesting but I like them both, that could change though ;)

message 20: by Lori (new)

Lori Cowee | 4 comments I have been watching the series since it began, and am very excited to join this discussion group. I don't think Margaret and Nucky will separate, especially after seeing how Owen was dealt with...and the fact that she has 2 children to take care of.
I hope Gillian gets what is coming to her... Van Alden, Richard, Luciano, Rothstein, Eli, Chalky, and Capone are all such great and compelling characters; cannot wait to see what happens with them next.... I do miss Owen and Jimmy though.... and how great is Steve Buscemi as Nucky????

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments Lori wrote: "I have been watching the series since it began, and am very excited to join this discussion group. I don't think Margaret and Nucky will separate, especially after seeing how Owen was dealt with......"

as much as I would also like to see Gillian hurt or Humiliated BADLEY!!! I think her alliance with this new big shot, (The guy from Office Space...
so I have a feeling that she is going to make it out smelling like a rose. don't that happen to the worst of people. After Richard has sacrificed EVERYTHING to save that boy from her, and her lifestyle!!!

message 22: by Katie (new)

so excited for Richard and Val Alden tonight!

message 23: by Char (new)

Char Hi, Lori! Buscemi is awesome in this role. Especially the full steam ahead gangster role of this season so far. :)

message 24: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments Episode 2 in a few....I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

message 25: by Tish (new)

Tish Taylor | 1 comments I have been watching the series since it began, and am I am very excited to join this discussion group. When is Margaret going to be back? Is she still going to have the baby? Or did she get the doctor to help her out? Gillian has turned into a drug Addict along with being a bitch and a whore. She is a great actress, makes you hate her and love her. Al Capone is great, but maybe just a little bit crazy. Steve Buscemi is wonderful as Nucky.

message 26: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments Tish wrote: "I have been watching the series since it began, and am I am very excited to join this discussion group. When is Margaret going to be back? Is she still going to have the baby? Or did she get the do..."

Great comments!!!
I am on ur page!! Lol
Can't wait to hear more from ya!!!!

message 27: by Katie (new)

Did you guys see the trailer for this week's episode?!

http://www.goodreads.com/videos/51683...

message 28: by Char (new)

Char That looks so good! Thanks for posting it. :)

message 29: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments I think Dr. Narcisse is trying to get everyone against chalky, mabey get him on heroin or kill him with the heroin..
Anyone thinking this???...
And this Gillian and Mr. Piggly wiggly pretending to be man and wife...
I think she will be getting a lot of things "her way" with his $$$

message 30: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciaarana) | 16 comments This is an amazing group!. I dont get to post much but I read every post.
As to the daughters (Chalky and Dr. Narcisse) it would be interesting if their fathers became arch nemesis and they became close friends. However given the fact that their fathers are being set-up as rivals it makes sense that they will too be enemies.

message 31: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments Allie wrote: "This is an amazing group!. I dont get to post much but I read every post.
As to the daughters (Chalky and Dr. Narcisse) it would be interesting if their fathers became arch nemesis and they became..."

Hmm yea if they were to be secret Friends/Allies that would be worth watching.... But yes I think the good Dr. Is trying to force Chalky out as of now....

message 32: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments Wow!!!
What a great episode last night!
I am very upset about Mr. Pernsly going behind chalkys back to meet with the "Dr." (I just think he's a Uncle Tom. The worst kind of person, hates his own people...)

Was anyone else othe edge of there seat screaming, "NO, DO NOT TRICK THAT KID IT WILL TURN OUT BADLY!!!!"
And what the heck happend he was bleeding from all orfacies, (just way over the top gross)

Eddie Kessler up against the FBI!!!! I do not think he will be the weak link, that "boy agent" intended for. He's to loyal to Nucky!!!!

And the preview for next episode....
I told everyone she was gonna use Mr. Piggly wiggly to try to get Tommy back!!!(shows her going to Mr. Pernsly for help...) this could be the way the Dr. Makes himself ore "for the people, chalky sits back and gets rich(like the one black woman said about him when the klan killed all those boys)
I just hope Julia and her father keep cool heads and prevail....

Any one else got any thing I have not seen much yet.... lol
Maby I am just very very in much need of a life,lol.....

message 33: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments Do not hold me to it....
But the IMBD app
Has the episodes reviews and episode 4 also has 4.5, and 4.7, 4.10
And 4.7 HAS A PICTURE OF MARGRET FROWNIE FACE THOMPSON!!!!!!
Any one hear any news??

message 34: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments ok so I have thought about the preview for the next episode for a lil while now and I think lil Tommy is going back with Gillian as much as I am not for it... she has to many Higher up backing her....
I just hope Julia and her father can muster up the guts to hid him or get out of Atlantic City or something

message 35: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments SHIT!!!!
I just turned it on, what have I missed?!?!?

message 36: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments ONG !!!!
Just caught the end!!!
WHAT THE FUCK!!! Eddie why?!?!?

Wow!!!

message 37: by Mary (last edited Oct 10, 2013 06:33PM) (new)

Mary | 3 comments Maybe I'm missing something, but is "Daughter" just her name, or is she really Dr. Narcisse's offspring? Would he put her in clubs? It seem implausible that Chalky would go for her; since in his eyes she might be like the "uppity" doctor that his daughter dated. I'm also interested in Narcisse's affilitation with Marcus Garvey. There was scandal surrounding him in the end, but gangster associations? As far hating his own people, I know DuBois was a bit of a snob, preferring to educate only the black "talented tenth" and leaving the rest to the lower trades. Finally, Eddie could be the weak link, although he's loyal, he's not really used to the consiglieri or bagman role (look how his first time out went) or rough interrogations.

message 38: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments Mary wrote: "Maybe I'm missing something, but is "Daughter" just her name, or is she really Dr. Narcisse's offspring? Would he put her in clubs? It seem implausible that Chalky would go for her; since in his ..."

Yes you are very right, good points!
Those were just opinions I made I do not claim to KNOW insider knowledge.

message 39: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments Ashley wrote: "Mary wrote: "Maybe I'm missing something, but is "Daughter" just her name, or is she really Dr. Narcisse's offspring? Would he put her in clubs? It seem implausible that Chalky would go for her; ..."

I think that "if she is" he's trying to get Chalky caught up..
But yea I'm not FOR SURE!!!!
Thanks for giving your thoughts.

message 40: by Katie (new)

I was a bit confused about the Ms. Maitland's relationship to Dr. Narcisse as well.

The wiki says she's "employed" by him but this NY Daily News article and IndieWire article and an Examiner article refers to him as her father....BUT the HBO site just says she was brought to the club by him. So I did the research but still don't have an answer :(

message 41: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments Katie wrote: "I was a bit confused about the Ms. Maitland's relationship to Dr. Narcisse as well.

The wiki says she's "employed" by him but this NY Daily News article and IndieWire article and an Examiner arti..."

I think it's both. She's his daughter and she works for him getting people caught up in compromising circumstances

message 42: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments Ashley wrote: "Katie wrote: "I was a bit confused about the Ms. Maitland's relationship to Dr. Narcisse as well.

The wiki says she's "employed" by him but this NY Daily News article and IndieWire article and an..."

Not to be gross but people do WAY WORSE to there children everyday
And he seems like a man who is willing to go to any lengths to make his point...

message 43: by Katie (new)

Ashley wrote: "Katie wrote: "I was a bit confused about the Ms. Maitland's relationship to Dr. Narcisse as well.

The wiki says she's "employed" by him but this NY Daily News article and IndieWire article and an..."

yeah it must be both!

message 44: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments Katie wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Katie wrote: "I was a bit confused about the Ms. Maitland's relationship to Dr. Narcisse as well.

The wiki says she's "employed" by him but this NY Daily News article and IndieWire..."

I don't know for sure but I am guessing that is the case!!
Great researching on her character Katie!!

message 45: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments Anyone else SCREAMING At the tv when the nephew threw his "friend/roomie" under the bus!!
I mean he wants to be his uncle, but I don't see Nucky doing that,
We all just seen how that kid was cut. I think if Nucky does let him in on "family business"

HE WILL BE THE WEAK LINK!!!!

message 46: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 96 comments I hope Eli see this little rat for who he is....
I do not like this "boy agent"! Anyone else see him a "Better Then You/Do Gooder?, He wants the FBI to notice his "clean for the good of the Bureau he's willing to do anything to do it..J.Edgar Hoover was a very shady/dirty man, this show makes him what i thought of him in the movie, A very greasy man with power who covers it with good talk.(worse then the people he went after in many was).. But this "boy agent" is trying to get his approval, god knows what lengths he will go. We all know what kind of a man J.Edgar was. ( A Racist, Liar, Cross-dresser, Thief, Mamas Boy, Blackmailer, Very Hated Man by ALOT of important people....)