You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Group Themed Reads: Preparation > September 2013 - Books Announced

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments Books for September will be
The Light Between Oceans and
Frenchman's Creek

Disclaimer: Due to a tie between Pirate Latitudes and Frenchman's creek, the winner was picked randomly by our trusty fruit machine found at http://www.classtools.net/education-g...

message 2: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15384 comments Yay! I'll be reading The Light Between Oceans. I'm looking forward to it!

message 3: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) AmyK wrote: "Books for September will be
The Light Between Oceans and
Frenchman's Creek

Disclaimer: Due to a tie between Pirate Latitudes and Frenchman's creek, the winner was picked randomly by our trusty ..."

Ohh two such very good books. I did read The Light Between the Oceans this past year and gave it my 5 star rating. As for Fenchman's Creek I read this when I was in high school and again loved it. I think it was also a movie with Joan Fontaine who also starred as the main character from DuMaurier's classic novel Rebecca. I sure did love Daphne DuMaurier's books and think now I'll reread Frenchman's Creek for this group's September reads.

message 4: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) i am excited to discuss The Light Between Oceans which I read during this past year. As for Frenchman's Creek,I think I will reread this title since the last time I read this I was in high school. I think it was also a movie with Joan Fontaine who also played the main charachter(she had no name if you recall) in Daphne DuMaurier's classic novel, Rebecca.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments I have literally just finished reading The Light Between Oceans. I loved it! I am looking forward to discussing it with you all.

message 6: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18196 comments I was hoping for Pirate Latitudes :-( Oh well! I'll read The Light Between Oceans as that's on my TBR.

message 7: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments I'll be reading Frenchman's Creek Frenchman's Creek by Daphne du Maurier (Yay, it won 2nd!)

We've just finished reading The Light Between Oceans over on Goodreads Choice Awards (it was our BOTM) so I'll peek into the discussion and my even contribute a bit there too.

2 very good book choices :-)

message 8: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17558 comments You can always read Pirate Latitudes for other books within the theme Sarah!

message 9: by Janice, Moderator (last edited Aug 26, 2013 06:29PM) (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49987 comments Ahhh - Amy? Ignore my comments in the mod's lounge. You are way ahead of me! LOL!

And WELCOME BACK!!!

message 10: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18196 comments Rusalka wrote: "You can always read Pirate Latitudes for other books within the theme Sarah!"

That's true. I will have to see what other books I have planned for September and see if I can fit both in as I do want to read The Light Between Oceans as well! That said, there is a huge reservation queue at the library for The Light Between Oceans so if I read that one I'll have to buy the kindle version.

message 11: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15384 comments I'll start reading The Light Between Oceans tonight or tomorrow. Should I make a discussion thread for the book? Or can one of the mods do it? Thanks! :)

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna Kļaviņa (annamatsuyama) | 1098 comments I'm going to read Frenchman's Creek when I finish Jeeves in the Offing

message 13: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2674 comments Dear Mods, the books are not on the bookshelf and we have no threads to start discussing the books :(

message 14: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) I have read both of these books previously. Perhaps I will consider rereading one or both of them depending on how much else I have to read.

message 15: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments Dear Lynn, I failed at calendar school. Threads will be up within the hour.

message 16: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2674 comments Dear Amy, lose a point for lateness but gain half a point for speedy reply. B+ Must try harder ;)

message 17: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments Dear Lynn, I give back one and half points for taking more than an hour.....will will have to take a C for this one. Now......off to work on badges!!

message 18: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2674 comments Dear Amy, take half a point back for your honesty (I would have never known while wrapped up in bed!). C+