Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Melting Sand (A Miles Stevens Novel #1)
This topic is about Melting Sand
Bulletin Board > Looking for feedback on Chapter 1 of my upcoming novel.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lynda Dietz | 354 comments I loved the first chapter! I commented on your blog, but when I hit "preview," my comment disappeared, so I submitted another one. I realized later that perhaps you approve the comments before they post, in which case you'll get two from me. Oops! Feel free to delete one so my 'duh' moment isn't public.

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 491 comments For those who haven't read it yet, it's worth the time. GO! :)

message 3: by Abby (new)

Abby Vandiver | 124 comments Left my two cents. I love time travel and Chapter One is a very good opener. Congrats!

message 4: by F.F. (new)

F.F. McCulligan | 64 comments Hi there D.R. I like the chapter. I agree about consistency with POV and I also urge you to change the title of the book. Its just my opinion, but Melting Sand as a title could use some work. Maybe add a subtitle?

Lynda Dietz | 354 comments I liked the MELTING SAND title, because it's a time travel novel. Melting sand gives me the impression of a very liquid, flexible hourglass, with time itself as a non-constant.

message 6: by F.F. (new)

F.F. McCulligan | 64 comments ooh nice. I didn't see the hourglass metaphor.

John Dizon | 108 comments You nailed this one. I can't see why a publisher wouldn't want to see the rest of the manuscript. As for agents, good luck. I haven't found one whose vision was not restricted because of their head being wedged so far up...well, you get the picture.

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 491 comments I have no clue how I had missed that thread but I can honestly say that I was more than happily surprised when the book turned up in my mailbox. :)

Thanks (Yes, I know, I said it many times already :p )

Here's my review:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...