J.D. Robb discussion

Archives > 3 more books

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Quynh (new)

Quynh | 1269 comments There are 3 more books planned for the series! I'm assuming it's 3 more after Concealed In Death. So excited to know that we will be getting few more releases in the future!

Source: http://www.rtbookreviews.com/rt-daily...

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10393 comments Mod
Wow..thanks for sharing that info Quynh! WhooHooo!!

message 3: by Carmel (new)

Carmel | 11 comments Awesome! Definitely something to look froward to. ;)

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13386 comments Mod
No, I think she's talking about the three we are waiting for:

Thankless in Death
Taken in Death
Concealed in Death

The column is about yet-to-be-released books.

message 5: by Quynh (last edited Aug 26, 2013 01:02PM) (new)

Quynh | 1269 comments Jonetta wrote: "No, I think she's talking about the three we are waiting for:

Thankless in Death
Taken in Death
Concealed in Death

The column is about yet-to-be-released books."

But it said titles and plots are not known, so I'm thinking it's new ones being written still.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Hmmmm...so a mystery. Wonder which it is??

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

You're probably right. If she's excluding Concealed in Death, as the title and plot is already public, that would make four in 2014. That's unusual. We normally see two full length and one novella each year.

message 8: by Quynh (new)

Quynh | 1269 comments Maybe it's spread out to 2015 as well. We just have to wait and see what Robb comes up with next. Either way, I'm excited for any In Death release. :)

message 9: by Arielle Rae (new)

Arielle Rae Aguilar | 19 comments Wait, do you mean that there are going to be 3 more planned upcoming books or do you mean that there is going to be only 3 more books left in the series???

message 10: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Arielle Rae wrote: "Wait, do you mean that there are going to be 3 more planned upcoming books or do you mean that there is going to be only 3 more books left in the series???"

I think 3 more upcoming books. I'm still not ready for the series to end :)

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

I'm with Ren. We'd get a big announcement if the other were true. I really wish RT had been clearer in their communication.

message 12: by Sandra (new)

I do too...but I guess it's just a wait and see. At least we know we have some more books to look forward too!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

From my read of the short article, sounds like this is just the info that is out on the internet right now.

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

That was my feeling. Robb/Roberts and her publisher are traditionally tight-lipped until they release the next year's schedule. However, Concealed in Death showed up in the Amazon catalogue and there's no mention of the book on either the Robb/Roberts sites or the publishers.

message 15: by Quynh (new)

Quynh | 1269 comments Perhaps the author of that article isn't as up-to-date with the rest of us, and doesn't realize the next 3 releases have titles and plots.

message 16: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 2165 comments it definitely sounds as if there will be 3 more after the 3 that are already expected to come out....this makes me super excited

message 17: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Well, we know the series will end with Eve pregnant or Roarke and Eve deciding to have a baby or something along those lines. If you look at how much time has ACTUALLY passed in In Death time, it's not long. 2 years? Something around there. Plus, I don't think Eve has finished dealing with her mother issues, so I can't imagine she's like, "Oooh... I'm going to be a freaking awesome mom!" all of a sudden. I think it's going to take more time and more exposure to Bella, especially, before her mind changes on that score.

My husband and I waited 7 years to have kids, and we both have always planned to have children! Of course, I was 19 when we got married, so that's early to get married, let alone to have a baby! Eve's only 31 now, yes? That's not very old to have kids by today's standards (that's probably how old I'll be when we have our third, if things go according to our plans), but with future technology allowing women to have babies "well into their 50s" (is that right?), I can't imagine Eve and Roarke hurrying to have them.

But, all that being said (sorry, it's already practically novella length!), the timeline of the books is going REALLY slowly! How many books in a year? 12+? I imagine time's going to need to speed up, or else we'll still be reading In Death books in 2059! You know, assuming J.D. Robb technology comes to fruition and she's alive that long! I hope so!! (Okay, it probably wouldn't be THAT long, but still!)

I'm up for it though! I'm nowhere NEAR done if she can keep coming up with new ideas! Sadly, people find nearly limitless ways to kill each other....

message 18: by Jonetta (last edited Aug 29, 2013 08:52PM) (new)

Nora was asked recently if she had any plans of ending the series. She gave a very emphatic "no." It was irresponsible, IMHO, for RT to print a blurb like that without context or more detail as to what they were or were not talking about.

The approximate timeline for each book is about a month. The series started in the year 2058 and they are now in 2061. Eve was 31 when the series started.

Nora has said that IF Eve were to have a baby, that would mean the end of the series but she never said that's how she planned to end the series.

Sales of this series are still strong. Nora says she's still got plenty of stories left for Eve and if you follow some of our posts so do we. Publisher is happy, readers are happy and Nora seems to be happy.

We have no reason to be hanging on to the ill-advised blurb of a trade magazine as a signal of continuance or not.

Tally ho and let's carry on.

message 19: by Jeanie (last edited Aug 29, 2013 08:56PM) (new)

Jeanie Jackson Even with the hope this statement means there are 6 books to be released, my heart dropped at the thought that the last JD Robb book is in the near future. I know all good things have to come to an end but I hate the idea of no more new ones. I think she is losing the fun of writing these. That's a lot of work if she is not enjoying it too.

message 20: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Jonetta wrote: "Nora was asked recently if she had any plans of ending the series. She gave a very emphatic "no." It was irresponsible, IMHO, for RT to print a blurb like that without context or more detail as to..."

Good points, all! :)

message 21: by Jeanie (last edited Aug 29, 2013 08:56PM) (new)

Jeanie Jackson Quynh wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "No, I think she's talking about the three we are waiting for:

Thankless in Death
Taken in Death
Concealed in Death

The column is about yet-to-be-released books."

But it said titl..."

I agree with Quynh,it says she is going to WRITE three more book; she usually finishes a book a year before it is released.

message 22: by Jonetta (new)

She normally releases two full length novels a year and a novella. Last year was unusual in that she didn't write a novella. I believe that's because she was traveling in Ireland in preparation for the current new trilogy.

message 23: by Quynh (new)

Quynh | 1269 comments She didn't write novella every year until recently (the past 5?) so she might be spacing it out more too, like you said Jonetta, to write other books. As long as Eve, Roarke and company continue to give her stories to tell, I hope she continues until she finds that there isn't more important thing to add to the characters. I'll read this till the very end. (crossing fingers it wouldn't be for another 10 years. At least).

message 24: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3245 comments I refuse to believe she is ending the series until I hear it from NR herself. I think, as long as she is writing (ie, not retiring) then the series still has life.

message 25: by Julia (new)

Julia (juliace) Dawn wrote: "I refuse to believe she is ending the series until I hear it from NR herself. I think, as long as she is writing (ie, not retiring) then the series still has life."

I agree with you Dawn. Until a statement is released from NR herself, or her camp, I won't believe anything from any other sources.

message 26: by Sandra (new)

I really don't think an end to this series is anywhere in sight so we are worrying for nothing. As Jonetta pointed out, when Nora was recently asked if she had any plans of ending the series, her answer was "NO"! She has a lot of stories left for these characters! I say let's just enjoy them!

message 27: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 2165 comments I totally agree...i am not going to worry until there is reason to do so. I am just enjoying them as they come out

message 28: by Sandra (new)

Me too, Sheri...and besides - what could we do about it anyway? Nothing but cry and beg! lol