Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Sorrows (The Rogue Saga #1)
This topic is about Sorrows
Archive Self Promotion > Debut vampire novel, 'Sorrows,' for sale and free for review.

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Making the offer again: FREE copy of Sorrows (my debut novel, which is an adult contemporary fantasy vampire novel), in exchange for a book review on Amazon. If you can read the book and review it within two weeks, I'll give you a free copy. It can be pdf, .mobi (for Kindle), or .epub (for Nook or most eReaders). It's professionally edited, nicely formatted, and my test readers all seemed to love it. Free book - all I want in return is your honest opinion.

A bit about the book: Sorrows is an 'intimate adventure:' what some folks call a 'character-driven plot.' It's about the people in it, more than it is about the activities going on around them. It deals a lot with issues such as recovery from traumatic experiences, and trust. I suppose in that respect, it's kind of deep. On the other hand, it's also a fun book about vampires who can travel between quantum realities, and it's an introduction to my Worldwalkers Universe. If you want a vampire novel where vampires, donors, and shapeshifters have equal positions in a complex society, that's what this is about. Despite the darkness of this book, it's not depressing - problems have resolutions, and things get better, even if the outcomes aren't always perfect.

Oh, and it's got some fun scenes, and some hot scenes, as well as some brutal and horrifying scenes. So, there's plenty there to entertain, as well.
Sorrows Shared are Sorrows Halved. Just message me, or e-mail me, if you're interested in sharing your opinion for free adventure.

If you would like to purchase the book, it is available from the following online retailers:

Trade Paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Sorrows-Rogue-S...

ebook for Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Sorrows-The-Rog...

ebook (epub) for Nook, etc: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 29 comments Sounds good. Would love to review. crucible3@cox.net mobi

message 3: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Thanks Terri! I hope you will enjoy it. On its way. :)

Heather | 7 comments It sounds really good!!! I would like to read it in kindle form... klippy@gmail.com

message 5: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Thanks, Heather! I appreciate your time, and I hope you enjoy it. :)

message 6: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Cato (Swankything2) | 61 comments Sounds interesting!!! Can't wait to read it

message 7: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Let me know if you're interested in reading for review, Tricia. :)

message 8: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Cato (Swankything2) | 61 comments I would love to give it a try

message 9: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Tricia - If you can review in 2 weeks, I will need your e-mail, and to know what format you prefer. :) (mobi for Kindle, epub, or pdf).

message 10: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Cato (Swankything2) | 61 comments Hailtmc@gmail.com, and I prefer mobi for kindle.

message 11: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Sent. Thanks, Tricia! :)

message 12: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Cato (Swankything2) | 61 comments Already started reading, you will get a feedback by the end of he day.

message 13: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Much appreciated. ^_^

message 14: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Cato (Swankything2) | 61 comments A new twist to a vampire novel. It shows the "humanity" and the struggle of being a vampire, but the capture of Malachi was anti-climatic. All in all good read.

message 15: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Thanks, Tricia. :) I'm very glad you enjoyed it, and definitely appreciate the feedback. If you have time, could you drop a star rating for me on Amazon? :D http://www.amazon.com/Sorrows-The-Rog...

message 16: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda I did not realize authors would prefer a rating on Amazon than Goodreads. I have been only rating on Goodreads. I'll have to backtrack and redo my ratings on to Amazon.
Hope I remember them.

message 17: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Goodreads ratings are fantastic, don't get me wrong; but when people are shopping for a book, they don't usually shop on Goodreads. So, an Amazon rating and review has more influence on buyers. There are also some blogs and groups that want X number of Amazon ratings to post a book, etc. Getting the first review has proven to be the most difficult thing. People are really reticent to buy a book that has no ratings, and take a chance on a new author. Ratings ANYWHERE are fantastic; they always matter. The most influential ratings are those on Amazon or Barnes and Noble, though, when it comes to affecting book sales. The best thing you can do for an author you enjoy is rate and review their book - no matter where you do it. It trumps almost anything else. It's the thing readers pay the most attention to, overall, when they decide whether to buy a book - cover, 'blurb', and ratings. That's why I'm willing to give my book away for free in exchange for review. :)

Heather | 7 comments This Is a really good book. I recommend it to anyone that loves vampire novels!!! I can't wait for the next book to be released!!

message 19: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Bout (nancybout) | 96 comments is love a mobi copy at Nancybout@ymail.com
that's my private email so I'll see it; *)
is luce to read it. . is my genre 100%
Thank you

message 20: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Bout (nancybout) | 96 comments wow sounds amazing

message 21: by Donna (last edited Aug 29, 2013 05:57PM) (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Thanks, Heather, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. ^_^

Nancy - thanks! I appreciate the time. :) It should be in your e-mail now.

message 22: by Ali (new)

Ali (AliKat13) | 16 comments I would love to review your book. xAliKat13x@yahoo.com please send in kindle form. can't wait to check it out

message 23: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Thanks, Ali. Much appreciated. Sent! :)

message 24: by Ali (new)

Ali (AliKat13) | 16 comments Thank you, I got it

message 25: by Richard (new)

Richard E. (richardejohns) | 67 comments Just picked it up for my NOOK.
Thank you!

message 26: by Momreadstoomuch (new)

Momreadstoomuch | 35 comments I would love to read it and review it for you. I use a nook so epub version please. arzellah@yahoo.com

Allyson (allysonmichelle) | 5 comments I would love to read and review your book if there are any left. Epub is the format I would need my email is allysonmichellemeahl@gmail.com just let me know Thank You! :)

message 28: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Thanks, so much, Richard! :)That's hugely appreciated. ^_^

Arzella and Ally - on its way! Thanks for taking the time! :)

Still have five more to give away in exchange for reviews. :)

message 29: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Bout (nancybout) | 96 comments Thank you. . reading

message 30: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Bout (nancybout) | 96 comments Amazon ratings is where I go first. .. than when i pick out a book I go goodreads..I give my reviews and stars on both

message 31: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Thanks, Nancy! ^_^

message 32: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda I guess I'm the oddball. I look at the Goodreads ratings first. My supposition is that, to voluntarily belong in book groups, one must be an avid reader and looking for serious reviews and recommendations.
I note ratings in Goodreads are generally lower than in the more public Amazon.
But I agree. Amazon is the place for exposure to new authors. I will keep that in mind and do ratings there also. I do support the indie authors.

message 33: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Madame Zelda - thanks! :) Like I said, ALL reviews are good. ^_^

message 35: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Fernstrom (wingedwolfpsion) | 17 comments Thanks, Ally! :D I'm glad you enjoyed it! ^_^