Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Monday Puzzler > August 26th Monday Puzzler

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan (shaydock) | 706 comments Once their skating party had alighted from the carriage and crested the hill that sloped gently down to the Serpentine Lake, they took turns sitting to attach the wood and steel blades to the soles of their walking boots. Heroine waited as long as possible to take her seat and strap on her blades, keenly aware of the fact that ice-skating with hero would be a challenge, ask he would likely take the opportunity to show all of London how very much in love they were.

For the hundredth time, heroine cursed the ridiculous farce and watched her sisters make their way down the hill, hand in hand, reminding her of the greater purpose of her frustration.

Her distraction made it difficult to slide the ice blades onto her fee and after her third try, hero tossed his own blades to the side and crouched before her, taking one of her feet by the ankle before she realized his intentions. She yanked her foot back, sending him tipping backward to catch himself on his hands in the snow and drawing the attention of a nearby cluster of young women. "What do you think you are doing?" she whispered, learning forward, not wanting to cause any more of a scene.

He looked up at her, all handsome angles and falsely innocent eyes, and said, simply, "Helping you with your skate."

"I don't need your help."

"Forgive me, but it seems that you do." He lowered his voice to a level only she could hear. "let me help you."

He was not helping her for her. He was helping her for them, those watchful others who would love the scene and no doubt fall over themselves in a frenzy to tell their friends and families all about how the hero was the most solicitous, kindhearted, wonderful man ever to walk the banks of the Serpentine Lake.

message 2: by Phoenix77 (new)

Phoenix77 | 346 comments I think I know this one. If it's the book I'm remembering we see this ice skating trip from another point of view later on.

message 3: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2088 comments Mod
I know this one :)) Great choice, Susan!

message 4: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
Pretty sure I haven't read this...

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan (shaydock) | 706 comments Dls wrote: "Pretty sure I haven't read this..."

delicious story

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan (shaydock) | 706 comments And the answer is: A Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1017 comments Oooh, I loved this one!

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
Susan wrote: "And the answer is: A Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean"

Great choice! One of my favorite books from her :)