Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > What is your favourite book?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

Cora Tea Party Princess (corazie) | 661 comments Mod
Simple one really... Or not, depending on how many books you love.

What is your single, all time favourite book?

message 2: by Ewa (new)

Ewa Anna (ewa_a) | 2 comments Very, very tough question to answer, indeed. I have one book per every genre :-)

If I really have to choose though, I'd say Catch 22 by Joseph Heller. Absolute masterpiece of all centuries!

Catch-22 (Catch-22, #1) by Joseph Heller

message 3: by Saxonjus (new)

Saxonjus | 17 comments A very hard choice! I loved The Book Thief, CJ Sansoms Dissolutions & series.I would go for Dissolutions

message 4: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Harris (Reader of Things) | 35 comments Too many! I love the Inheritance Cycle, The Percy Jackoson series, Diverent trilogy, THG, Angellfall, Prince of thorns, split... so many lol

message 5: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

Rebecca (rebeccas_books) | 340 comments Mod
This is a difficult question; there's so many amazing books to choose from! I love the His Dark Materials books, The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Life of Pi, The Lovely Bones, and so many more. And so far, Gone Girl is up there in the favourites too :)

message 6: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] (raevynstar) | 62 comments The list could go one for a while...
Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) by Catherine Fisher Monument 14 (Monument 14, #1) by Emmy Laybourne The Forgotten Door by Alexander Key The Giver (The Giver Quartet, #1) by Lois Lowry Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) by Erin Hunter

message 7: by Taja (new)

Taja  (taozi) My list of favourites is quite long, but I have the ultimate three that I just adore: Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman , The Long Walk by Stephen King and the famous Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling :)

message 8: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 23 comments Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind and all the others from the same series.

message 9: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

Cora Tea Party Princess (corazie) | 661 comments Mod
I've got a few more books on my TBR now :)

message 10: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 34 comments G.G. wrote: "Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkindand all the others from the same series."

Me too G.G.

Brandon Sanderson's "Mistborn" trilogy comes a close second.

message 11: by Diane (new)

Diane | 3 comments I always think that if I could take George
Gissing books away with me if I had to spend
5 years on a deserted island I would be happy.

message 12: by Lilo (new)

Lilo Abernathy (lilo_abernathy) | 16 comments Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

I know it is an odd choice given that I choose to write Urban Fantasy. I also must say that I don't believe in her philosophy at all. I believe that people should help other people and that most of the time everyone does the best that they can.

So why do I choose Ayn Rand? It is a remarkable piece of fiction that warns people of a potential societal danger. She shows how many of the values that our society upholds as good, are actually opposite of each other. She makes you think about the difference between justice and mercy. She expanded minds and cast a great net of new understanding across the world.

Lilo

message 13: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Smith (jordan3000) | 2 comments Maybe one of the best books ever for me was Tess of The D'urbervilles. It's not the kind of thing I would write myself; I like more exotic stuff, not simple stories of country life. But it really transported me to Hardy's world at times, and he is just so great at transporting you to his other world.

message 14: by Jerome (new)

Jerome Brooke (jeromevbrooke) Ayn Rand ? Great !

I write F & SF etc -

I am in search of reviews -

And I am happy to do reviews myself -

jeromevbrooke@yahoo.com

message 15: by Sam H (new)

Sam H  Arnold (samharnold) Have to recommend a new book here which I thoroughly loved and well worth a read if you like Young Adult / Dystopian

Caitlin Star

message 16: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary Morris (rosemarymorriscouk) | 9 comments A very difficult question but it has to be The Bhagavadgita As It Is by A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

message 17: by Sher (last edited Mar 20, 2014 05:21PM) (new)

Sher (readiella) | 5 comments The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice

message 18: by Claire (new)

Claire | 6 comments Depends on my mood: I love These Old Shades by Georgette Heyer. Have a huge fondness for David Eddings Belgariad series. Sabriel by Garth Nix is incredible. I can't really say which is my favourite.

message 19: by Cyndel (new)

Cyndel Schafer I would have to say that right now The Mind Readers (Mind Readers, #1) by Lori Brighton is my favioret but I am always looking for new ones.

message 20: by Guy (new)

Guy Portman (guyportman) | 12 comments My favourite novel is The Grapes of Wrath

message 21: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (Ellyfant7) | 1 comments Nya! I can't choose!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.