Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

OFFICIAL TRAILER!!!!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kiran THIS IS THE TRAILER FOR DIVERGENT!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5uKlS...

((Savanha)) Uh, all i saw was Tris, Four and Jeanie! And Im not fan girling over Four, he looks average. But, after that its a good trailer.

Ramisha ((Savanha)) wrote: "Uh, all i saw was Tris, Four and Jeanie! And Im not fan girling over Four, he looks average. But, after that its a good trailer."

That is NOT HOW I IMAGINED FOUR. Shoot me now.

Grumbling

Ramisha Ryann wrote: "Ramisha wrote: "((Savanha)) wrote: "Uh, all i saw was Tris, Four and Jeanie! And Im not fan girling over Four, he looks average. But, after that its a good trailer."

That is NOT HOW I IMAGINED FOU..."

Just checked out the trailer.. Shailene is fine I guess, but it's like, his face is like.. TRYING-TOO-HARD-TO-LOOK-GOOD, I mean seriously. Tris is ok, though I wish she looked a little more bad-ass, trailer was OK/good.

Maddie A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Ramisha Makaylia wrote: "You know, I was very quick to judge Shaliene. Maybe she can pull it off. She just needs to show more emotion"

I want her to be a little bitchy cause that's how Tris was at times, her face doesn't show that, yeah she does need to learn to show more emotion.

Hannah I think that line was meant to be kind of dry/sarcastic.

I've always been a fan of the casting for this movie and the trailer looked awesome. I'm so excited.

I'm not sure how people imagined Four in their heads but I never got the impression from the books that he was drop dead gorgeous. Tris talks about some of his physical flaws many times. I always imagined them both to be rather average looking, but they think each other is beautiful despite their flaws.

message 8: by Ayesha (new) - added it

Ayesha I love the trailer. Four is just like I imagined.

Katie OMG IM SOOOOO EXCITED NOW!!!It seems really good and different than other movies like The Hunger Games. But my only problem is that I imagined Four to look a little younger but he looks like he is in his late 20s though

Hannah Four knew Tris was Divergent before that I think. He knew when she was so good at breaking the simulations in Dauntless training. So he tells her to be careful. She doesn't find out he's Divergent until later, but I cant remember when exactly.

I think Marcus did hold the speech at the choosing ceremony, but they signed Kate Winslet, I think they're going to use her as much as they can. Maybe they'll both give a speech. There are always going to be changes in a book to movie adaption, that one doesn't seem to be a big deal to me.

Swathika Manu Actually Robert, Four found out about Tris's Divergence in the Second level of Training. She manipulated her stimulation by breaking the glass wall of the container she was drowning in. And after that Four went all panicky and had to remove her stimulation video or something.

Anywayzzz, Whoa the trailer is Amazing. I hope hey don't let us down. I'm sooo excited.

message 12: by Valerie Z (last edited Aug 26, 2013 08:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Valerie Z I love the trailer, looks so cool and amazing :D But I'm kind of disappoint with Four, because I've always have this image of seriously HOT Four in my head while the man looks so normal. *sigh* Anyways, excited for the movie <3

Ramisha Makaylia wrote: "Ramisha wrote: "Makaylia wrote: "You know, I was very quick to judge Shaliene. Maybe she can pull it off. She just needs to show more emotion"

I want her to be a little bitchy cause that's how Tr..."

Yeah.. She seemed hardcore, Tris in the book, I 'm not getting that vibe from the trailer. And wasn't she supposed to be petite?

message 14: by SaraRose (new) - added it

SaraRose Robert wrote: "Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I've read the book 2 years ago and I'll have to reread it, but I think that Four doesn't find out about Tris' divergence until the attack against Ab..."

what i remember is that he assumed all along that she was divergent, but it wasnt actually confirmed until the end.

message 15: by Marc (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marc OMG THE TRAILER WAS SOO COOL!!! I'm so excited!!! :D

Jeana Marie I love Shai as Tris, but Theo as Four just doesn't make sense... he's ten years older than Four! But the trailer looks amazing otherwise. :P

Sonja Vikan loved the trailer :0)

Francine Robert wrote: "Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I've read the book 2 years ago and I'll have to reread it, but I think that Four doesn't find out about Tris' divergence until the attack against Ab..."

Four actually found out that Tris was divergent when he supervised her fear landscape for the first time. She was in a container that was filling up with water, she put her hand on the glass and broke out of it.

Isabel I really want to see it now. thought i didn't image Tori looking like that.

Inês I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT

but i think its better not to get much excited

mortal instruments trailer were AWESOME but then i went to see the movie, and even if it starts great it turnes out to be abad adaptation of City of bones :/ hope that oesn't happen with Divergent :)

(also you go to see MI movie - everyone got diferent point of views :) you might like it)

Ida I'm not exited about this trailer, but I'm crazy about the fact that they are making a movie.

Isabel Me too Ida. I really want to see the movie.

Shannon Young What is wrong with all you haters? the casting is spot on in my opinion. the series is amazing and the trailer so lives up to the hype. I hope it is a great adaptation.

Temilouise Ramisha wrote: "((Savanha)) wrote: "Uh, all i saw was Tris, Four and Jeanie! And Im not fan girling over Four, he looks average. But, after that its a good trailer."

That is NOT HOW I IMAGINED FOUR. Shoot me now...."

Okay I do completely agree with you but the trailer looks better then how I imagined it to look although, it will never be as good as what is in my mind I am still slightly relieved that I felt something other then hate when I watched this trailer.

But maybe if they were looking for people who did not resemble Four then maybe they should have gone for Channing Tatum...

Ai Haibara This is kinda weird but when I first saw the guy cast as four I was like hell no but he looks alright in the trailer. Shailene doesn't look like the Tris that I imagined though.

Cassie C While Shailene isn't exactly how I pictured Tris and the guy plays Four isn't perfect, I don't think this movie looks bad at all. I'm super excited for it actually and so far it looks like it's sticking to the book. I'm getting used to the people playing Tris and Four, and it much better than the casting in other movies that have been based on books. Fingers crossed!