Dreamspinner Press discussion

85 views
Announcements > Pop-up sale!

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
We are offering you pop-up sales throughout August. At anytime, a pop-up sale will spring up and you have one hour to purchase discounted books in a particular genre or the entire store.

Right now the entire store is at 40% off so make sure to grab discounted titles while you can!

www.dreamspinnerpress.com




message 2: by Charlinda (new)

Charlinda Jenkins | 14 comments Thank you!


message 3: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
This pop-up sale is ending soon! Check out now!

More pop-up sales to come during the rest of the day!


message 4: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
The pop-up sale is now over! Stay tuned for more sales throughout the rest of the day!


message 5: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
Charlinda wrote: "Thank you!"

You are welcome!


message 6: by Monica (new)

Monica (monicalisa) | 13 comments I caught some if the others, but I was asleep when this one popped up. Thanks for the sales.


message 7: by Mtsnow13 (new)

Mtsnow13 | 88 comments I was asleep, as well. Just woke up an hour ago and hoping to see some more. Thanks for the sales!


message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine (destinysangel) | 1 comments Hope to catch one, Thanks for the sales!


message 9: by Dreamspinner (last edited Aug 26, 2013 11:10AM) (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
Christine wrote: "Hope to catch one, Thanks for the sales!"

We are having a sale right now! http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...


message 10: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
Mtsnow13 wrote: "I was asleep, as well. Just woke up an hour ago and hoping to see some more. Thanks for the sales!"

Thank you for purchasing. We have a sale right now so check it out: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...


message 11: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
Mtsnow13 wrote: "I was asleep, as well. Just woke up an hour ago and hoping to see some more. Thanks for the sales!"

You are welcome! Check out our current sale: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...


message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael (mgm58) | 4 comments I really don't want this to come out sounding wrong but I've been checking here about every fifteen minutes since yesterday morning. I see this announcement and the one about cowboy titles but nothing else. However if I go to Jases New Releases:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

There are a bunch of notices there. Where should I be looking for a chance to take advantage of the deals?

Thanks! (and not trying to sound "bitchy")


message 13: by Mtsnow13 (new)

Mtsnow13 | 88 comments I had the same issue. Was even trying to find via twitter, and not seeing anything.Came across a short blip of m/m/m pop-up sale after the western, and then it was over. I just monitor all my various 'feeds' from the groups i'm a member of on GR, and on twitter.


Mandy*reads obsessively*  (mandy-readsobsessively) | 32 comments I usually see them on twitter, but with all the different time zones I'm happy to 'see' one a day.


message 15: by Michael (new)

Michael (mgm58) | 4 comments Mtsnow13 wrote: "I had the same issue. Was even trying to find via twitter, and not seeing anything.Came across a short blip of m/m/m pop-up sale after the western, and then it was over. I just monitor all my vario..."

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't tweet! I just figured if it showed up anywhere it would be on Dreamspinner's page


message 16: by Mtsnow13 (new)

Mtsnow13 | 88 comments That's logical. I'm bummed as well as it looks as if we missed two more sales at DSP yesterday, so it looks as if DSP doesn't consider posting for GR members a priority. It's a shame, as many of us tend to give positive reviews, therefore spreading the word on a good book via GR. :(


message 17: by Mtsnow13 (new)

Mtsnow13 | 88 comments Dreamspinners is having 35% off everything for the next hour! Oh my...gotta get a list together


message 18: by Michael (new)

Michael (mgm58) | 4 comments Mtsnow13 wrote: "Dreamspinners is having 35% off everything for the next hour! Oh my...gotta get a list together"

Thanks Mtsnow13! That $60 went fast!!


message 19: by Mtsnow13 (new)

Mtsnow13 | 88 comments Ha! Glad you were able to grab it! Good for you ;)


message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan | 19 comments I think they usually post on their Facebook page about the pop-up sales.


message 21: by Penumbra (new)

Penumbra | 41 comments Also a majority of the pop up sales are at times that aren't convenient for me, like very early in the morning. I wish they'd post more of the sales later in the evening for us on the west coast.


message 22: by Juli (new)

Juli (mrsmarit) | 11 comments Penumbra wrote: "Also a majority of the pop up sales are at times that aren't convenient for me, like very early in the morning. I wish they'd post more of the sales later in the evening for us on the west coast."

Agreed-- I'm in Alaska so it's even worse here.


message 23: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
Michael wrote: "I really don't want this to come out sounding wrong but I've been checking here about every fifteen minutes since yesterday morning. I see this announcement and the one about cowboy titles but not..."

Hi!

Sorry, we have been having troubles managing our Goodreads page but promise to be better now!


message 24: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
Michael wrote: "I really don't want this to come out sounding wrong but I've been checking here about every fifteen minutes since yesterday morning. I see this announcement and the one about cowboy titles but not..."

The announcements of the pop-up sales happen automatically to our Facebook and Twitter feeds. Here on Goodreads we have to add them manually and that is where we sometimes miss to do it.


message 25: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
Penumbra wrote: "Also a majority of the pop up sales are at times that aren't convenient for me, like very early in the morning. I wish they'd post more of the sales later in the evening for us on the west coast."

Hi! We try to mix up the times to make sure that everybody (our customers are all over the world) get a chance, it's not always perfect but we will try and be more considerate.


message 26: by Mtsnow13 (new)

Mtsnow13 | 88 comments Thank you!


message 27: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere I can't see it at work.


message 28: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Pushkin (jodifl) | 5 comments Just an FYI - the sale is showing up on FaceBook but there was no notice on Twitter. Thank you so much for the 30% off. I am glad I was stalking the site a bit :-).


message 29: by Juli (new)

Juli (mrsmarit) | 11 comments Jodi wrote: "Just an FYI - the sale is showing up on FaceBook but there was no notice on Twitter. Thank you so much for the 30% off. I am glad I was stalking the site a bit :-)."

THANK YOU for posting this.


message 30: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Pushkin (jodifl) | 5 comments Juli wrote: "Jodi wrote: "Just an FYI - the sale is showing up on FaceBook but there was no notice on Twitter. Thank you so much for the 30% off. I am glad I was stalking the site a bit :-)."

THANK YOU for pos..."


You are welcome. The sale has been up a little while, so it should be closing very soon. I stocked up a bit :-).


message 31: by Juli (new)

Juli (mrsmarit) | 11 comments Jodi wrote: "Juli wrote: "Jodi wrote: "Just an FYI - the sale is showing up on FaceBook but there was no notice on Twitter. Thank you so much for the 30% off. I am glad I was stalking the site a bit :-)."

THAN..."


Me too.. I always seem to be missing the sales. I picked up ALOT of preorders.... like 1 book out of the 7 was available now.


message 32: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Pushkin (jodifl) | 5 comments Juli wrote: "Jodi wrote: "Juli wrote: "Jodi wrote: "Just an FYI - the sale is showing up on FaceBook but there was no notice on Twitter. Thank you so much for the 30% off. I am glad I was stalking the site a bi..."

I was missing them too, except for the specialty sales, which didn't include the books I needed. Yes, I wrote needed :-).


message 33: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Jodi wrote: "Juli wrote: "Jodi wrote: "Juli wrote: "Jodi wrote: "Just an FYI - the sale is showing up on FaceBook but there was no notice on Twitter. Thank you so much for the 30% off. I am glad I was stalking ..."

I can't see them, work has them blocked as an adult website LOL


message 34: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Pushkin (jodifl) | 5 comments Wow - that is interesting that the site is tagged as porn.


message 35: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Jodi wrote: "Wow - that is interesting that the site is tagged as porn."
My job also banns twitter, facebook etc. I think they want us to actually work (SMH)


message 36: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere OK, I am sorry this will sound like a silly question but can you explain the difference in buying a book from your website versus Amazon? Or is it the same?

Thanks.


message 37: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "OK, I am sorry this will sound like a silly question but can you explain the difference in buying a book from your website versus Amazon? Or is it the same?

Thanks."



Let me double check the answer and I will get back to you.


message 38: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth North (elizabethnorth) | 25 comments Dreamspinner wrote: "Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "OK, I am sorry this will sound like a silly question but can you explain the difference in buying a book from your website versus Amazon? Or is it the same?

The books are exactly the same. The mobi version on our site is the book that is uploaded to Amazon. There are two things that are different.

Our bookstore is run directly by us so royalties are paid to the author off of the full purchase price with no deduction of a wholesale discount that a third party bookstore (like Amazon or Barnes & Noble) would deduct. Books that are purchased through our store pay the author 30-50% more for each purchase.

Comparing Amazon specifically, our purchase includes all of the ebook formats mobi, pdf, epub and html, allowing you to read a format of your choice on any device you own or may purchase in the future. Amazon purchases are tied to your Amazon account and can only be read on a Kindle or Kindle app. If you purchase through our store and someone buys you a Nook for Christmas, you can go back and download all of your titles in the new format.


message 39: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Elizabeth wrote: "Dreamspinner wrote: "Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "OK, I am sorry this will sound like a silly question but can you explain the difference in buying a book from your website versus Amazon? Or i..."

that helps a lot...and makes a difference to me.
Thank you


message 40: by Mtsnow13 (new)

Mtsnow13 | 88 comments I like this being explained, as well. I do want to support my favorite authors and keep them writing! Is there a chance of any kind of rewards program on DSP? Some sites give you 'bonus bucks' for books purchased through their site, and others give a credit for 1 book after you purchase 10, etc.?


message 41: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth North (elizabethnorth) | 25 comments Mtsnow13 wrote: "I like this being explained, as well. I do want to support my favorite authors and keep them writing! Is there a chance of any kind of rewards program on DSP? Some sites give you 'bonus bucks' for ..."

We are working on it.


message 42: by Mtsnow13 (new)

Mtsnow13 | 88 comments Cool!


message 43: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Elizabeth wrote: "Dreamspinner wrote: "Our bookstore is run directly by us so royalties are paid to the author off of the full purchase price with no deduction of a wholesale discount that a third party bookstore (like Amazon or Barnes & Noble) would deduct. Books that are purchased through our store pay the author 30-50% more for each purchase."

one more question...does audiobooks work the same? I went to buy the audiobook of Strawberries for Dessert (Coda Books, #4; Strawberries for Dessert, #1) by Marie Sexton and I just want to make sure I'm supporting authors.

Thank you.


message 44: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth North (elizabethnorth) | 25 comments Yes, audiobooks have an even greater benefit. Audible only pays 12-20% of the sales price, so if a reader downloads the title as part of a subscription plan, the royalty is only pennies.


message 45: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Sep 03, 2013 07:55AM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Elizabeth wrote: "Yes, audiobooks have an even greater benefit. Audible only pays 12-20% of the sales price, so if a reader downloads the title as part of a subscription plan, the royalty is only pennies."

I appreciate it. Thank you


back to top