Stephen King Fans discussion

Movies & TV shows > Storm of the Century mini series

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yulia (new)

Yulia (yulia-77) | 4 comments Has anybody seen "Storm of the century"?

This is probably my favourite King's movie that's why I can't see any faults in it?

What are you guys think about it?

message 2: by Eloise (new)

Eloise Kindred | 21 comments There's nothing wrong with Storm of the Century! It's a good story with some creepy characters and a great ending. Colm Feore does a really good job playing the main antagonist. Stephen King actually lists it as one of his top ten adaptations of his work.

message 3: by Squire (last edited Aug 26, 2013 02:55AM) (new)

Squire (srboone) | 11 comments Atomspheric and really creepy indeed. I was a put off by the fact that the lost colony of Roanoke was in North Carolina, not Virginia as stated in the movie. I shook my head every time It was said in the movie. Other than that, I really liked it.

Of course, it could be taking place in one of King's worlds that is similar to ours. But that is an awfully convenient exuse...

message 4: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Rayne | 151 comments I loved this series. Give me whatb I want and I'll go away... :-)

message 5: by A.D. (new)

A.D. Koboah (adkoboah) | 76 comments I saw this ages ago and really liked it. The main antagonist was so damn creepy. Really good film. Will have to make time to read the book one of these days.

message 6: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 69 comments I didn't like the Roanoke either but I thought it was pretty good

message 7: by Bondama (new)

Bondama (kerensa) | 868 comments I think that "Storm of the Century" was one of the best, yet most overlooked, work of King's. I would also include "Kingdom Hospital", another overlooked gem.

message 8: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (rpscott123) | 3 comments I really loved Storm of the Century. It was a great story. Also a little biased since a lot of the filming was done in home town of Southwest Harbor Maine. My only complaint is the horrible Maine accents. Of course not many actors can seem to get that right.

message 9: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 4053 comments In Haven, which is based on characters in The Colorado Kid they give a possibility for the Lost Colony of Roanoke, so maybe that's what they were doing here? It's a stretch, but could be.

I agree that Colm Feore was excellent as Linoge.

message 10: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Definitely one of my favorite King stories and very well done, aside from the now aged special effects

message 11: by mrbooks (new)

mrbooks | 1469 comments Special effects always age just like we do LOL

message 12: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 4053 comments I liked this as well. Was it Colm Fiore that played Linoge? I guess I could look it up, but I thought he was great, whoever it was.

message 13: by mrbooks (new)

mrbooks | 1469 comments I'm not sure I only saw it the once.

message 14: by Marie (new)

Marie I love Storm of the Century and I try to watch it every year on my Halloween marathon for October. I love all the people that play their parts in that movie. To me it has all the right amount of suspense and spooky atmosphere through the whole movie.
Colm Feore does really well as Andre Linoge. He fits the part perfectly.

message 15: by Linda (new)

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 991 comments Storm Of The Century is an excellent film. Loved it.

message 16: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments When ever we are in the middle of a winter storm this is one of the movies (storm of the century) I always watch, Dreamcatcher and the 1980 Shining are two others...Having that feeling of isolation from the storm and the movies is an interesting dynamic. Along with candles, cabernet wine, cheese and chocolate makes for a perfect night.